WCQ 2022 - Chile vs Colombia (Oct 13 2020)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not asking for every play to be reviewed, but scoring plays or better yet any incidents in the 18 should definitely be looked at. I'm going to reference football again, perhaps if Rueda wanted that James tackle to be reviewed (like a challenge), he should be able to talk to the 4th ref about it.

Something like that, I know it'll probably never happen, but they are misusing this technology.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I understand your point of view since I am also an American Football fan.

I am just not sure that play would have been overturned into a goal anyway. There really was no indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    -Latest on Medina is that he may be need 3 weeks to recover.
    His Mexican Team doctors still have to evaluate him though but he could be back for the Uruguay match possibly.

SoyDelMustang repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Mexican Media is saying a month so it may be cutting it really, really close.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah i feel ok objectively. What bothers me are those classic colombian mental lapses which throw everything we've done out the window. However i have been severely traumatized from years and years of mediocre colombian teams.

J-Mezzy, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzd likes this post.

also, bizarre that he doesn't like colombian wingers, we literally have dozens of them and more and more are always popping up. If theres one thing a colombian can do is run, cross and dribble. If he were upset over colombian league strikers I wouldn't blame him

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #307 HomietheClown, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    I am hoping that mental lapses can be reduced the more confidence the team has and plays together as a team. It is hard to play together as a team when guys are injured as you always like to point out.

That said, referring back to my post you quoted. It is funny to think that Lerma possibly would not have seen the field for instance if Uribe and Yairo were available.
    And he ended up being our best player, so we are developing depth within these missing player circumstances. Now CQ has two years to figure what is the best lineup. (Hopefully we qualify comfortably.)

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Even if it’s 3 weeks, does CQ still call him up?

If not - do we give Muñoz the call or do we call up Orejuela?

pibe10 repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need to call 33 players.

have 2 teams. One playing In Mexico or other high altitude places to combat Quito Like Argentina did with Bolivia. Ecuador is a better team than Bolivia but it’s basically Quito

send our best 11 to beat Uruguay at all cost. I don’t care if half our team gets red carded. Just win 1-0

then send a young good team that won’t be effected by Quito.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw the Colombian soccer announcers are finally turning on The coach

before it’s like he does everything Pekerman didn’t.... it’s like no.... he says everything Pekerman didn’t do but didn’t end up doing it either

like I disliked Pekerman not doing mini camps like the US NT does it. But the new coach tried and got that shit shut down. I think Rueda and Pinto would do that often.

It’s Covid time so no friendlies but instead of playing a crap team that is going to lose to us. Or a South American team we will play in 3 months when it matters why not call 40+ Players or Snt, U20 and 3rd string guys and have them train play a mix squad
    I know some of these guys are injured

starting defense for chemistry + backup attack
    ——————-Ospina—————
    Arias —- Sanchez ——Mina——- Mojica
    —Uribe ——-Cantillo —Campuzano— Luis Diaz
    ——Cordoba——Falcao ———-

vs stating Attack back up defense
    ——————-Montero/Vargas—————
    Medina/Munoz—Murillo -Lucumi/Tesillo — Fabra
    ——Cuadrado—— Barrios——-Lerma
    —-James ———-Duvan———Muriel

would be a way better game than Haiti or a B team from Africa.

if you want a 3rd team bring the U20

sure you can make a 4th team as well obviously mix the squads a bit. You don’t want our main squad vs a bunch of green 18/19 year olds

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Just on the game, not so much on the tactics. While we surely did not impress and much of the battle was in the midfield zone, with the exception of Chile's 2 goals that came out of simple mistakes, I think it was a better performance than in the last Copa America, where we clearly looked the weaker team and they deserved to progress. This time around, they just didn't get a chance to take many shots on our goal. That's a big + in my eyes.

As to the 2nd goal, Cuadrado's mistake was evident but I have to believe that Ospina would have done better with that play? Any gkeepers here with perspective?

I looked at 2018 WCQ stats, 2 games in, we had 3 points: 1 home win vs Peru 2-0 (we really played poorly and Peru deserved a better result) and 1 heavy loss vs Uruguay 3-0 in which they looked the part of a well oil-machine and we knew it was going to be a long haul to WC 2018. I don't feel that same way. I didn't see anything from the rest of the Conmebol members that also stood out.

To a certain extent the results played to our favor overall when you consider Arg, Braz are 99.9% a lock for 2 directs spots, Uruguay usually right behind, and then we have been fighting Chile, Paraguay and Ecuador. I'll take the 4 points from this round. Positive results (hoping for at least 4) in the next round, vs Uruguay and vs Ecuador will be welcomed.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In my heart of hearts I do believe we win that match with Ospina and Mina. Both of those guys take charge in the area for Colombia and probably would have been the difference in our organization in the back.

But Vargas and Jeison were not that bad, they just do not have the same quality and personality.

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes.

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Both Arias and Medina will miss Uruguay and Ecuador. I would go with Muñoz in Quilla and Orejuela in Ecuador. I also like Angulo, the captain of Depor Cali.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That angulo only would contribute in free kicks......the guy is just an arrogant......not so good attacking neother defending...

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Bocanegra is playing decently in Paraguay and has mentioned that he should be called up in a recent interview.

Not sure he is even on Queiroz's radar but I just wanted to throw that out there.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nah

Azucarero repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nah to him wanting to be on the National team?

Not really a brilliant take there.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is funny how some players received a lot of help from journalist to promote their called up......

the colombians of espn were discussing the absence of maritnez borja of liga de quito of 32 years.........a player that always have been pushed to be called since pekerman days.

Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd take Borja right now over my favorite player Morelos.
    (Just kidding, But I do like the way he is playing at Liga de Quito.)

Azucarero and crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not NT category......

Azucarero repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He Knows how to play in that stadium though.

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #323 villus, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    But does he know how to play the referee of that day or what about the weather :)

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Have to ask an Ecuadorean about the weather.
    Refs are refs.