WC viewing in Charleston

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seem to be spoiled for choice this time around

Three Lions will be showing select matches, no cover starting with US v. Czech on Jun 12.

Madra Rua Will have almost 100% coverage, Spence mentioned they maybe doing special for certtain matches.

Manny's will have every match one. Also will give 1/2 off a pizza or a free Kids meal with your Battery ticket stubs.

Tommy Condon's will have all matches on and have any sandwich platter and any draft Beer for $9.99

Mikey's Casa Just got a 42 in flat-screen plasma and HDTV package to watch the World Cup. I'm sure I will be spending some of the time here.

I'm sure some other places will have the matches on too, but these are the ones I can confirm.

Hope everyone else has as much time off as I do this month!!!

2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you get sent to another "undisclosed" location during the month of June, can I have your spot in front of the 42"?

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a freind of mine wont be back until Sept and has the same TV. For a small "finders fee" I could give you his address, and give you a run down on entry-exit points, security (or lack of) along with primary and secondary egress points.

I will also tell you that one person can lift the TV by themselves (85lbs) but it is a bit cumbersome.

mikey

4. carnellm

carnellm Soccer Dad

May 15, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    All seem like excellent choices! Although, the first week I will be up in Boston. So, I have to find some good places up there to watch. Am gonna have to dodge a lunch meeting on Monday to watch the first USA match... :rolleyes:

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is there current schedule for matches at the Three Lions:
    A full bar menu will be available, admission is free, for more information or to reserve a table for your group, please call (843) 971-GOAL (4625).

Monday, June 12 – noon – USA vs CZE
    Thursday, June 15 – noon – ENG vs TRI
    Saturday, June 17 – noon – CZE vs GHA & 3 PM USA vs ITA
    Tuesday, June 20 – 3 PM – ENG vs SWE
    Thursday, June 22 – 10 AM – USA vs GHA

i expect this to be pretty busy. Right at luch with good food and drinks. We had 60 or so fro teh US/Germany friendly with out and they were only serving beer. I could see this one hitting 200 people.

mikey

6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England plays their first match on Saturday at 10:00 am. So you're telling me the Brits that run the 3 Lions aren't up for a little early morning drinking?

Wimps..........

7. carnellm

carnellm Soccer Dad

May 15, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Wish I was going to be able to make it to all of those. At least I should be able to make it for the 20th and 22nd....

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madra Rua was standing room only today for the Germany/CR match where I enjoyed a great Open Face Roast Beef Sandwich and a Guiness. Feel like taking a nap now!

Spoke with Troy at the Battery last night and he said they have been getting alot of calls about the US match on Monday. I can see it being packed, The pub is opening at 11:30 and hope to see you there. They will have a full menu and the timing can be any better for lunch!

Come on US

9. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a viewing party at one of the owner's homes. Personally, I'm calling in my breakfast order to Boulevard Diner, so I can pick it up during the break.