WC Official Argentina vs Mexico thread (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by smd9, Jun 21, 2006.

1. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, maybe it's time to move this thread to the "vip vs ids" subforum... ;)

2. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    :D :D :D

3. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People don't understand Scaloni's role in the team. Right after the extra time started, Scaloni told Maxi a joke and he was rolling on his ass laughing, and right after that he put the ball in the corner of the net. Scaloni improves the team spirit, and so we win. :D

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Scaloni is going to be getting huge offers from teams after this WC. He won't even play he'll just be there to tell jokes. That will be the secret weapon. Scaloni jokes = goals :p.

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

It's all good man. But don't call the Mexicans a small footballing nation. :D

7. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anyone know what Scaloni told to Lavolpe when he went to him? Looked as if he was taking the piss out of him.

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    He told him something along the lines of : "Don't lie to him" ... threw both of them out of concentration. :p

9. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    :D

i'm guessing of course but i think lavolpe was giving his player a real ear-bashing and scaloni came over and told him to go easy on the guy!!!

if you look at the incident again, it really appears this is the case, and then lavolpe proceeds to tell scaloni that the guy deserves it!!!!!

i must admit it's a touch of class from scaloni.

if only he could produce some class moments w his feet:D

on the heinze incident, i have a theory about this:

our team has been one of the best behaved in the tournament, employing v few 'dark arts'.

on the whole our players seem to accept decisions and get on with it, playing fair and respecting the ref.

the mexicans seemed to contest decisions more than we did, and i think this possibly worked in our favour when the ref had to make a big call, i.e. the benefit of the doubt went our way.

it looks to me like peker has specifically told the players not to antagonise the ref, especially given the zero tolerance policy, it's more important than ever before to keep yr discipline, otherwise ur jeapordising your country's chances.

look at portugal, sure they got away w it against the dutch, largely because the dutch failed to keep their cool when they had the man advantage, but at what price, costinha and (more importantly) deco are suspended for the england game, as figo should be.

this makes their task in the 1/4 final so much more difficult, and ultimately could cost them.

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can you complain about Scaloni?:rolleyes: He had one run out and did not embarrass himself or the colors. A second run out might be pushing it though.

11. smd9

smd9 Guest

Yeah i think Pekerman called him up strickly for morale puposes,because as a player es un tronco. i like him but he sucks.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excepto por el tunel que se morfo. Eso un Mexicano a un Argentino no se lo deberia hacer.

13. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, that was embarrassing...

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where is the love for the Robin Williams of Argentina? Look out Galacticos here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Y porque no?

16. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Buena suerte para el equipo Argentino y a todos sus fanaticos en este partidazo que sigue contra Alemania. Ni modo, perdimos nosotros los Mexicanos...... pero despues hay revancha.

Buena suerte.

17. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember Copa America 2004 Cabrito Arellano was running the Argentine defense ragged all game long. Wish he would have played last Saturday. :(

Anyways, good luck tomorrow.

You guys have been classy for the most part.

Hopefully we can continue our little small rivalry we are developing in the future.

adios.

18. ac1962

ac1962 Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Punta Cana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Batistuta and Bianchi are working for Televisa throughout the cup and both of them stated without a doubt that Heinze deserved the red, is it that they respect their mexican bosses too much or could they be giving a non biased opinion?

19. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La noche del misil de Maxi Rodríguez

More...