WC 2018 Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Discussion in 'GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea' started by Jtsmith1, Dec 1, 2017.

1. RistQ

RistQ New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Exactly, that game was perfectly 50/50, very tight display and both played at a high tempo only there's a distinct advantage made little difference, the elegant Messi dribble 3-4 players, very efficiently delicious passes slips behind defenders created by the orchestrator Riquelme and Maxi Rodriguez's wonder volley goal after getting rid of his man mark cleverly with his chest ball-control followed by a great direct strike from the edge of the area that we called stuff of legends ended the game in favor of the Argentina.

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    My recollection of that match was that it was the worst refereed match in World Cup history!

3. RistQ

RistQ New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Why? I don't see it this way

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Maybe I have my games confused, but I recall a World Cup match between Argentina and Mexico that appeared to be affected by referee errors. I think there was a clear offside goal and some other calls that didn't seem right, despite the fact that I was actually cheering for Argentina.

5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I believe you're talking about the '10 match.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You are probably right.

7. RistQ

RistQ New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Probably you meant in 2010, the 2006 is great encounter rewatch the game highly recommended.

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Its funny I don't remember the Mexico-Argentina game from 2006, since Mexico advanced from our group and I would have been doubly interested to see them play. But the game I recall from Argentina in 2006 was their demolition of the Serbs. That was one of the best games I have seen from Argentina as a team.

9. RistQ

RistQ New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Well, Mexico best WC 2006 games against Argentina (arguably the best match by Mexico in World Cup history) and against Portugal (completely outplayed them into the second half).
    While it was an equally balanced match against Angola also against Iran (however Iran got a slight edge and they were terrific in possession at first half just stop being adventures through the second half and back in defense with no reason so they lost that game after macking errors and bad judgments).

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tudobem62014, LGRod and themanlarry repped this.
  11. Willy4TLS

Willy4TLS New Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Spain performed better but the German defense were great today.

12. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Starting lineup vs Iceland.

13. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Iceland looking good

14. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Levi's is death for Mexico

15. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As soon as I said that Filipino Fabian score lol

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Probably our best sniper.

Special_talent23 and tudobem62014 repped this.
  17. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mexico 3-0 Iceland

18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This groups looks to be well-balanced, obviously with Germany a notch above. Let's see how Sweden and South Korea do today.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  19. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Chile did 2-1 minute 90 grr.

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chile should be at the World Cup. They were better than Sweden even while playing debutantes.

I like Forsberg from Sweden's attack, but it's clear they still need Zlatan. Time to call him up, it's not too late yet.

21. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Yea agree, not Forsbergs best match but i think we defended good and we had good control but we have big problems when we are attacking.
    Yea i think Zlatan gonna play world cup.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

Even though Korea lost I thought they played better than Northern Ireland.
    Things went downhill when we were substituting our bench players and it just showed that there's a huge disparity between our back up players and our starters. We had two problems with our CB and CF. Our CF Kim Shinwook just doesn't offer anything and it's like playing with 10 men. He clogs up our offence. Our CB Jang Hyunsoo made a huge mistake and conceded a goal. I don't think he's a good pairing for our other CB (Kim Minjae) who is inexperienced and raw. Sadly our manager has a crush on both of them it seems so they won't be dropped.
    So there were positives like we played better than what I've seen in qualifers but there still lingering problems that is our defence and our finishing. Our defence is a bigger problem though because at least Son Heungmin is good at shooting. As long as he is paired up with a CF that can work with him I think we can have a good offensive unit. Our midfielders aren't bad at shooting too.

Kamtedrejt, Kung and DHMGKorea repped this.
  23. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    México is better than Sweden and Corea but our worst enemy is Juan Carlos Osorio, the mister is crazy, and the lack of cohesion is his fault.

But we have better players than Sweden and Corea, no doubt about that.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  24. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Based on the results of a single March friendly? You guys can be hilarious sometimes. :rolleyes:

25. Noahgghhujjjnbb

Chelsea
    Jan 14, 2018
    Germany are not looking unstoppable like people say i'm actually a bit worried for Germany.Mexico can win this group.Germany could easily have easily lost to France who lost to colombia also Denmark and Spain.I have not seen germany this vunreable to being beaten they usually very tough to beat.The team is good but i dont even think joachim low is a very good manager if he was they should have won Euro 2016 as well and maybe even Euro 2012.I dont think they will crash out of group stages like spain italy and france did but i think this is a tournament too far for Germany they cannot perform exceptionally well in every tournament you cannot win and do well every time my prediction is they wont reach the semi finals for the first time since 2004.

Pipiolo and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.