WC 06 Tickets

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by 79United, Jan 30, 2005.

1. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Tuesday (2 Feb) the WC06 ticket lottery sign-up opens. You state what venues/games you want to attend and your name is placed in a lottery to see if you're offered the opportunity to purchase tickets. Since they have something like a million tickets and an expected 6 million applicates there's no guarantee.
    My Dad and I are planning on entering the lottery and, if selected, to see as many games as possible in 1 week (approx 5 games). Obviously though, I want to see as many US games as possible but since the table is far from set, does anyone out there know how to ensure I get the right tickets to the right venue to ensure I see the US play at least once.
    Please, someone who's gone though this before lend me some knowledge. Thanks

TS.

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    If you want to ensure that you see the US - you must apply for TST-3. This may span more than 1 week, though. When you do this, you can not apply for single tickets (at this time) for specific games.

If you were to try and guess which game would include the US, would be just a crap shoot. There are 32 teams (8 groups by 4 teams). There are 48 games in group play (4 teams round-robin means 6 games per group time 8 groups = 48). To guess on 5 games, would give you just a little over 10% that it would include the US. I think this is right - someone check me?

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Going to five games would allow you to see over 10% of the group stage. But you have just over a 30% chance of seeing the US once if you buy one ticket for each of five games (up to 10 different teams out of the 32 in the tournament).

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep, you're right.

5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i think your odds are around 33%
    for the first 10 days after opening day, there are three games per day (i assume this is the time period you're talking about). if the US plays on a given day, you'll have a 33% chance on that day of getting their game as they are in 1 of the 3 games. and if they don't play on that day, the odds of seeing them play will be 0% on those days. :) in a 5 day period, they should play once.

if you're only going to be there for a week, this is probably the way to go to make sure you get to see as many games as possible. if you don't get the US games, you will probably be able to exchange your tickets with someone else without significant problem (although there are no guarantees about this because of the alleged chip in the ticket issue).

as someone else noted, the team specific tickets are an option, but it may commit you to a longer visit than you have planned, and will limit you to only those games (so you'd end up needing/wanting to pick up extra tickets anyway).

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    If you want to be certain of getting a US match, but don't want to fork out for the TST package, just wait until the Fed gets their allotment, and purchase single tickets through them... But that won't occur until qualifying is over...

For updated info, you may want to join the YanksInGermany group...

7. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is TST-3???

TS.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Team Specific Ticket for 3 games (group play) TST-4 would be round of 16, etc.

For more details, See the FIFA Ticket web site

9. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    By the way, though there is no hurry, you can enter the FIFA WC ticket lottery now.

No big surprises on the entry form

10. marchewd

marchewd New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Broken Arrow, OK
    What do you guys think would be a better method to get tickets? Waiting for the USSF to get the tickets, or trying the lottery through FIFA with the TST tickets?

Thanks,
    Dan

11. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    It depends....

Some folks are waiting for the USSF. Benefits more apt to be seated with USA fans. FIFA doesn't have your money as long.

Some folks are getting in the FIFA lottery. Benefits - guaranteed to get tickets (if you win lottery) - will USSF have sufficient for all the interested fans?

12. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the million dollar question isn't it? Anybody know how many tics the ussf had for Japorea, or how many Americans followed the US at wc 2002?

13. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I need world cup tixs

I'm a little confused. . . I want tickets to all the usa games in germany in 2006. Will the only way to get these be through the USSF or will I be able to buy them online from FIFA using some sort of Team Specific Tickets? When will these tickets for the US games be available and will it be an issue getting tickets? I dont care to go to the cup unless I can see USA play, so will I be able to get tickets ahead of time and still be able to find a decently priced flight? What is everyone else doing?

14. El-Professor

El-Professor New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Gulf Plains
    Don't count on picking up tickets at the venue. The tickets are all set with a chip with a person's name and passport # on it. If your passport doesn't match the ticket you have, you won't be let into the game.

On the bright side, they will only be checking names to tickets "randomly" (read suspicously) so you may still be able to get in with someone else's ticket.

What really sucks about this is you have to specify NOW who is going to which games, you can't just buy some tickets and divide them among your group.

15. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I need world cup tixs

Have you read up on all the ticket FAQs, DOs & DON'Ts, etc. on the FIFA World Cup site? Most answers can be found there. There are multiple phases for ticket sales through FIFA. Others are waiting for tickets through USSF.

16. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC

thanks for the reply, i had read most of the fifa stuff, what are most people doing? are they waiting on the fed? what would the advantage of that be? group seating? Also, maybe someone who is a bit more intellectually endowed could explain the whole TPT idea regarding the future rounds passed the group stage - from the fifa site . . .
    "TST-4: You see all three group games and one match from the Round of sixteen."

Does this suggest that you would see all 3 usa games and if they advance you may not get to see the usa play in the round of 16? I would much rather sit with usa supporters but I dont want to get shafted for tickets. This is surely a common concern but I want to find out what most people are doing so I can make an educated decision.

17. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TST-4 for USA means you get to see the three USA group games. If the USA makes the second round you get tickets for the USA round of 16 game. If the USA doesn't advance you get tickets for the group winner in the round of 16.

18. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC

and if i dont want that ticket then would i have the option of selling back the ticket to fifa?

19. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved to the Fans & Travel section of the USA Men's fora, and common threads have been merged.

20. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My questions are this, when do first round ticket buyers from FIFA find out they got tickets. Also, when does the USsoccer org. get their tickets and how will they go about handing those out to potential US fans for the WC?

21. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    April 15th is the lottery for the first sales phase, you are supposed to find out shortly thereafter

They won't recieve their allotment until 1) after they know they've qualified 2) until they find out which group they have been placed

however they may pre-sale some tickets once they know they have qualified but I'm just speculating on this

22. AvengerDr

AvengerDr New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Taranto, Italy
    I have some questions that I hope someone will be able to answer..

What does the "per household term" exactly means? In order to maximize the chance of winning a ticket for the final match, I wanted to order a TST-7 ticket (enabling the options of receiving less matches) and a final match ticket (both for two persons).

This is not possible "per household".. the choices are mutually exclusive If I am not wrong. So I wanted to order the TST-7 ticket in my name, and the Final Match ticket using my father's name. We live in two different "houses" because I'm attending university in a differenct city from the one where I was born (but the legal residence is the same, I don't know if it is the same in the USA, but in our ID cards in Italy there is a "Address" field where you state your legal residence, and since I'm still young, for the government I still "officially" live in my parents'home)...

This fact should enable us to apply for these two tickets? In theory we could pay with two different bank accounts/credit card, but I wanted to know if this fact would disqualify us.

Another doubt I had: what happens if one of the people I tell FIFA is coming with me (the names of the owners of the tickets are written on them If i'm not mistaken) will not be available next year, for whatever possible reason..
    A stupid example: I don't know if you have to tell them now the names of the other persons that you are buying tickets for.. But if you do, let's say that I have this girlfriend I want to bring with me next year.. So Fifa goes and prints her name on the ticket. Next year comes and I'm no longer with her :) What happens? I can't give that ticket to anyone else?

And this is a stupid example.. what happens if one can't come for health reasons and so on? I'm sure this will be a serious problem.. Lots of things can happen from now till the world cup!

23. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

The problem is that your ID would be the same. Let's use the following example. Say your name is John, id is 1111, address is 1 main street and your dad's name is Doug, id is 2222, address is 2 elm street.

If you apply for the tst-7 with john 1111 and 1 main street as the applicant - but who would you use for the 2nd ticket - can't use Doug, because then he can't be the applicant for Final ticket. OK?

Here's how you do this. Use your mom as the 2nd ticket for the TST-7. Then, use Doug (your Dad) for final and use his mistress ;) for the second ticket for the final.

According to FIFA you can change the name for 10 EUR fee plus postage (25 EUR here in the states) for extenuating circumstances (illness, etc.). However, I seriously doubt that they'll be matching names and id's unless there is a serious scalping problem or someone is causing problems. More than likely, FIFA is going to prefer streamlining the stadium entry and monitoring behavior than preventing every possible entry (by checking ids). Just one opinion....