Watford in 4th in Division One

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Blue and White Army, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Horns are going up!

Gianluca who?

2. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Tell you what. Ray Lew is a damn good coach. When he was in charge of our lot, I and a few others thought Uncle Ron should have stuck with him. He had us playing good football and you could see, bit by bit, that we were moving in the right direction. The results weren't spectacular in his short time in charge, but they weren't awful either. After Harry Basset took over, he continued to do an excellent job as coach and in the end, we were promoted.

I saw a lot of him on the training ground as I was inclined to do in those days and had a few conversations with him. My own opinion is that he makes sense, has a very good grasp of the game, and is the sort of manager who in these days of obsession with the soundbite often gets overlooked because he's not very media-genic. In Watford, he may have found his perfect match. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he's achieving what he is now.

Apart from us, I'd love to see Ray do well and get the acclaim his coaching ability deserves.