Watching the WC with a Firestick?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by tyguy, Mar 20, 2018.

1. tyguy

tyguy Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cheeseland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, so here goes...

Does anyone have experience watching live sports with a jailbroken firestick? Me wifey wants to cut the cable, which I'm fine with as long as I can watch a few live sports events here and there. In case this happens prior to June/July, I would like to be prepared. Does anyone know if you can watch live sports with said firestick? Is there a good resource/website for learning more? Thanks in advance.

2. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a fire stick and it sucks for live sports.

3. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    MLS's Roku app is one of the better quality streaming apps offered. Picture quality is better than SlingTV or ESPN's services... so of course it's going away.

4. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I have FireTV, which is just a better version of the firestick. I subscribe to Playstation Vue for $40 per month and get all the channels I care about. It's month to month - i.e. no contract - and has Fox, FS1, and FS2. I've heard of people having problems with live sports (think they had a super bowl issue), but I've never had a problem. I watch Bundesliga, Champions League, and FA Cup on there. I think they have Europa as well. They will have the World Cup.

tyguy repped this.
  5. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any streaming sight that has FS1 and FS2. I have playstation VUE and it works great on the Firestick.

6. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to X number of Fire TV modules for X number of TV's in your house if more than one person wants to watch TV at one time correct? Also, if you have 1 subscription to Playstation Vue, can multiple people log into that account at once and being watching on that account at the same time?

7. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 LouisZ, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Here is my setup...
    I use a relative's account to login to their cable internet service. for games that she doesn't have, I use reddit soccer streams. it is the best. I will be going back to cable for the WC, they have special with free recorder for one year. no contract. so I'll get it for the month and watch all games that I will record.

8. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Yes, you have to have a device for each TV that you want to simultaneously watch. You could move the device around if you have several TV's, but only would watch e.g. max 2 at a time. Vue supports up to 5 simultaneous streams across all devices...

https://support.us.playstation.com/...layStation-Vue-Streaming-and-Your-Home-Device

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just get a cheap tv and rabbit ears and watch all the games on Telemundo and most of the games on Simpsons local FOX.

10. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    And if you need to record games you get a VCR and a bunch of videocassettes?

One of the things I love about Vue is the DVR. Just add a WC game to your DVR list and it will automatically record all WC games, keeping them for 28 days.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I also have DVD recorder. :p