Watch Party for 4/19 Wizards at San Jose

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KC Salty, Apr 15, 2003.

1. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wizards at Earthquakes Saturday 4/19 at 9:00 p.m. central time.

I just got off the phone with Coach's Bar & Grill. located at the NW corner of 103rd and Wornall, just off of I-435. preview the menu, get a map, and see photos of the place at their website: http://www.coach-s.com/index.html

I gave them a heads up that we are interested in coming there Saturday night to see the game on HDNet.

They will be calling me back to confirm that they will be able to show it.

I'd like to be able to give them an estimated headcount of how many will be able to attend, so please post a confirmation in this thread. Also, spread the word to those who don't have access to Big Soccer.

Remember, these places will cater to us if we make it worth their while. If possible, wait to eat dinner there. If not, order appetizers and drinks. People drinking water and taking up table space are not the crowd that these establishments are after. And of course, as a service industry veteran I can tell you on good authority that Tipping is not a city in China.

2. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then were is it??

I am in dinner and beers!

3. jdouble

jdouble New Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    dope.

even though its in the middle of nowhere...
    i am having a party at my place that night which will end up as a watch party.

But in the future i will be all kinds of down for that. I dont want to miss a single away game, even though it still looks extremely likely to happen a few times.

4. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in. And therefore you all have no excuse NOT to be there... :)

5. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: dope.

I don't know that I'd call 103rd and Wornall "in the middle of nowhere". Unless you live in Midtown and, even then, the drive isn't really bad at all.

6. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Mmmm I may be in- gotta talk to the folks first.

7. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beth and I will be there.

Stu

8. jdouble

jdouble New Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    middle of nowhere

being in johson county kansas is by definition the middle of nowhere. and i do live in midtown.

but i am only joking. I drive out further than that to go to Ruchi (best indian food in KC) once in a while, and to lee's summit to see my nephew... so...

i will without question go to 103rd and wornall to see an away game that i could not otherwise see in my apartment. it isnt that far.

9. jdouble

jdouble New Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    oops.

oh 103 and wornall? not johnson county kansas.
    damnit.

ok so its not in the middle of nowhere, its just south of Waldo.

damnit. well thats good, it just is not in fact in "the middle of nowhere", its close, but not quite there.

i stand corrected.

10. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said, anyone (short of Ben) who claims driving distance has no beef. I'm driving two and a half hours from Wichita.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Sweet, that is within walking distance of my friends place. Looks like I will be getting good and toasted then. I am ready to experience vision called HD.

12. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have confirmed that Coach's will be showing this match. The manager I talked to wants us there, he even to the initiative and looked ahead at the schedule and wanted to inform us of all the upcoming games that would be broadcast.

He has talked to the manager that will be there Saturday night about getting us one one of the High Def big screens and having the sound on.

This sounds great. Let's spread the word and give them a good crowd. This will be my first time witnessing the television that is high definition, so I'm psyched.

So far the confirmed list is:

Spoon
    Roush
    Stu & Beth
    Matt
    Myself

I'm assuming Sam, and am hoping for the Lawrence contingent.

LSNsoccer is a maybe. jdouble is a future consideration. Anyone else?

Remember to get in touch with anyone you know that doesn't have acesss to Big Soccer, or doesn't check it regularly.

13. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Kevin,

go ahead and put me down as a maybe.

14. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I am pretty sure Kent will be up for it. He was the guy in the 97.3 polo last week, and lives within walking distance.

15. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I am most likly down. For once I don't work on the next Sunday, being that it's Easter. I will probably bring Katie, too. Possibly Britt, but he's in Chicago right now, and I'm not sure when he'll be back.

16. KCSoccerSpot

KCSoccerSpot New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Harrisonville, MO
    I'm in. It will be nice to put some faces to names (monikers).

17. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am about 50/50 .

It depends on when this forensics tourney i have ends.

in any case..ill be there for at least PART of the game, but probabaly not from the begginging.

but ill be there.

in a suit.

maybe.

18. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Me too. I keep blowing out RF switches on my digital box. A tech is supposed to come out Friday. If the problem is solved by Sat, then I'm staying home to catch that game and the others on the Shootout Package. If not, then it's off to Coach's. FYI, it's on Metrosports (non-HD and with lesser announcers) also.

19. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: middle of nowhere

Ruchi is the best Indian food in KC by some distance. Simply superb...worth driving in from Lawrence for (our Indian restaurant is perfectly passable, but Ruchi is about as good as it gets).

20. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To those that are 50/50 or are undecided, remember this simple truth:

Watching a sporting with one's fellow fans is always a more exciting prospect than watching it alone.

Did I mention that it will be in High Definition?

21. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can put me and the Mrs. down as "very likely".

22. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    That's about a block from where I'll be staying for Easter. So I might be able to stop by--if I can get away from the family.

23. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I don't understand why someone would want to sit at home and watch the game. Games are more fun, not matter what they are, with more people. It is possible to watch all the games on the Shootout and still not miss the game being shown at Coach's, though you will have to miss the post game wrap up, but if you watched the game who needs the wrap up anyway?

24. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I know that Dave tries his hardest to fit in all the league games, so I think that explains that. Hell, if I had digital cable and shootout, I'd probably do the same.

25. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I know, the two evening games start at 6:30, they should run about 2 hours long, leaving 30 minutes for Dave to get from Blue Springs to Wornall.