Watch list Midfielders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Guys, stay on target with posts. I moved a bunch of posts that should have been in 'Other Clubs' thread. These are to comment only on MFs for the Dutch NT and not how Barca lost to Bayern.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

A good side by side comparison between veerman and frenkie.
    What do you guys think.

In between dont forget to subscribe.

3. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stupid decision on the part of the player and Barca. Going from a team that will content for trophies to one that will be lucky to place in the top 3 in Spain is never a good idea. Barca need much more than an almost 30 year old MF.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  5. AjaxArmy

AjaxArmy New Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    wilson00 repped this.
  6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I remember having debate on wijnaldum sometime back with Feyenordsoccerfan and I did mention about this coming and comparing him to Kai Hartevz. these are some of the arguments that were put forward.

Feyenoordsoccerfan
    "You only offer assumptions, about Kay, about competition for Gino by fellow players, but the fact remains in all those seasons he played at Liverpool he's the one that makes the clock work. That's the reason why he ticks off the most minutes. Lofty if's and so's donot count as facts. It's called hot air.
    The coming season with his age can turn things around, but that's life, you hopefully grow older."

well it looks the ifs and sos do count as facts and it has come to that. with this I want to say both koeman and Wijnaldum are officially doomed.

AjaxArmy repped this.
  7. Mmm, you obviously don't read the Liverpool threads. He leaves because Liverpool doesnot want extend his contract with 4 years and offered 3 years. If that's a sign of him being subordinate to fellow players like you suggest, it's a bit weird.
    Fans are complaining that if Barca can offer him a 4 year contract, why can't Liverpool.
    However you have been a long time running dismisser of Gino's qualities, so this is clinging on some straws to keep that up. I go by Klopp's judgement on his qualities, expressed by the fact Gino has the most minutes of the team as the better source.
    He's out of contract next season and 29 yo. What kind of money did you expect?
    If he serves out his contract it will cost them 20 million plus his salary.

When Liverpool didnot want to give him the wanted extention, Gino wanted a last shot in another league as he now is still a wanted player for that. After Barca I think he comes back to the Eredivisie to either Feyenoord or PSV.

8. AjaxArmy

AjaxArmy New Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    At 29 he can still see out a full contract at his next stop. Rodrigo at 29 went to Leeds United for 30 million. Pjanic went to Barca for 60 million at 30 years of age. Both in this window.

Your rebuttal lacks the reality of the transfermarket. Especially for a club like that Barca who inflates their fees.

9. Did you miss the part of Barca's woes concerning the availability or better the lack of money for transfers? They literally have to players in order to be able to buy one.

10. Bare in mind I want to see him for much more, as that fills the Feyenoord wallet too, but reality at Barca is working against it.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #136 wilson00, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    I dont do Liverpool threads but official website and according to it,it was nothing no do with wage issues but wijnaldum himself. He wanted the assurances from the manangement that he remains a key figure next season. This was pure hypocrisy( the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case) by all means. How can he demand this when there are players like ketia and Oxs whom upon recovering from major injuries are proving otherwise.Like I said it was going to be a matter of time before this happens and thats exactly whats happening. Both ox and Ketia are 100 % up and running now and breathing down his neck. If it is not this case then there shouldnt be any problem fending the competition off for what he claims. The fact is klopp has rotated the midfield often based on player performance and with the current form of all the midfielders it obivous wijnadum is feeling insecure.

Under koeman at barcelona he is assured of first team appearence and this is best route out for him on the table.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    EPL teams have a lot of television money (though it will be less as the agreement with China was just cancelled yesterday). It is common for newly promoted teams to spend a lot of money on new transfers and few teams in other leagues have this capability. I don't think you can use the Leeds example here.

the Pjanic transfer is more complicated than you make it out to be. It was a swap with Juve with Arthur going the other way. Barca needed to do it this way so they could book the transfer fee which for tax purposes gets amortized over the life of the contract and has significant tax ramifications. They get a high salary player off their books for added savings.

13. You really believe this crap? I've never heared a top player demanding such a thing ever, let alone Wijnaldum as it is completely contrary to his character, which you should know.
    Anyway I've no need to continue this shit as it is more or less a repeat of the tiring and to other posters boring "conversation" you were referring to by re-igniting this.

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Joey Veeman with MotM performance today. Scored only goal from the spot. Heerenveen kept perfect record.

I hope FdB took notes... nice talent in the pipeline.

15. ???
    He was basically locked out of the match by his shadow Linthorst, who everytime H'veen had the ball, glued to him. He only escaped twice in the first half, but took those moments to immediately deliver a great pass, of which one resulted into the penalty. He was very timid in this match, even when VVV was one man down. He stayed far back when H'veen had possesion with VVV down to 10 men, so much the H'veen coach for minutes went mad at him and yelled at him to push up the pitch.
    So, apart from those two deliveries he didnot much.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
  17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We will see how Veerman really is in after the international break when he comes up against Ajax. If he can perform in that match I will take him seriously.

18. Actually that's not the kind of match his "flaws" will come to the surface as Heerenveen will be on the counter attack and that's where he shines by distributing from the back row.
    I want to see what he can do when he's forced to break down a wall.
    I mentioned he was yelled at by the coach for staying too far back, while VVV were 1 man down.
    In the 2 first matches H'veen had far less % of possession. Yesterday he struggled with his personal guard following him when H'veen had possession. The two excellent passes he managed were longer range passes. So the jury is still out on what he can do in a match with even possession, which means a more congested midfield and demands on moving around in a more tight space and demands on scanning and mental mapping of the wereabouts of his team mates. That's important for the Orange Team, as the opponents that matter have about equal possession and the midfield is then the battling space.

gabrielguilarte and Orange14 repped this.
  19. Dumfries about how he helps Mo to get through this though period:

Ihattaren
    Dumfries reist komende week - na het duel met Fortuna Sittard van zondag - naar Oranje, waar hij kennismaakt met de nieuwe bondscoach Frank de Boer. Ook Donyell Malen en Mohamed Ihattaren, die bij PSV een moeizame periode beleeft, reizen mee. ,,Ik ben veel bezig met Mo”, zegt Dumfries desgevraagd.

,,Voor hem is het een mooie uitdaging om zich bij PSV weer in het elftal te knokken. Ik heb alle vertrouwen in Mo, maar hij moet het ook wel brengen. Ik heb er vertrouwen in dat hij uit deze periode kan komen en weer van waarde kan zijn voor ons ploeg. Ik probeer hem te steunen en ook gewoon kritisch te zijn op dingen die niet goed gaan. Mo kan verschrikkelijk goed voetballen. Als ik zie wat voor dingen hij kan, dan brengt hij nu niet genoeg en dat weet hij zelf ook. Het is een jonge jongen die daarmee in een nieuwe situatie zit. Ik vind het een mooie uitdaging voor hem dat hij op deze leeftijd daarmee om moet gaan en in dat proces wil ik hem graag helpen. We hebben gisteren nog een mooi gesprek gevoerd. Ik voel bij hem dat hij zelf alles wil doen om uit deze situatie te komen.”

20. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Side by side comparison. Have your say.

Dont foget to hit that subscribe button.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Ludovit Reis has been loaned from Barcelona to 2. Bundesliga side VfL Osnabrück. Never heard of this club before....

I guess Koeman doesn't rate Reis well. Looks like moving to Spain might not have been the wisest choice after all. He should have stayed in Eredivisie (higher playing level).

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #147 wilson00, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Wasnt expecting this short of favour from koeman. A bottom feeder club in la liga would have been better. The Barce midfield on the other hand is really crowded though. Frenkie,Oriel,Sergio,Pjnaic,Coutinho,Pedri,Alena, Riqui Puig. Another talent on his way to going waste.

He can forget about u21s as well now.

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Around 3:10. Its a shame this guy was not recognized by the dutch NT.

nurvin repped this.
  24. From what I read had Donny vd Beek a very good match. The only criticism was about his defensive awareness, as his team mates constantly had to coach him for players threatening to slip away from his back.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Glad that he got to log 90 minutes... I believe this was the first time he played a full match for M. Utd?? I didn't watch the game. Glanced on the key statistics on whoscored.com - looks pretty "meh" but hopefully he did get contribute in other intangible areas. It's pretty clear that he is not going to replace Fernandes as the attacking midfielder - so the quicker he settles into a CM position (or maybe a double-pivot DM?), the better he will be.