Watch list Midfielders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The big disadvantage for AZ is they don't generate as much revenue as PSV or Ajax and probably Feyenoord has more game day revenue. This means they are more reliant on player sales at an earlier point in time and cannot pay as large salary. I admire what they have done over the years in terms of being competitive in the league and on occasions in Europe.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But as far as the Dutch their midfield future is pretty bright especially for the next decade for this national team

3. Correct. Their stadium accomodates about 17,000 fans. FC Twente outstretches that by far with over 32,000 fans, which is on pair with PSV's 35,000.
    FC Twente, when staying away from ludicrous ambitions should be able to challenge AZ, but AZ has the far better attractiveness as a youth academy, which was key to the rise of AZ the last few seasons.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is too bad the Eredivisie cannot figure out how to make more money internationally. Even the poor teams in the league play more attractive football than many teams in England. I find the most attractive football to watch are Dutch and German matches.

5. Dutch clubs for a mere 30+% depend on tv revenues. So to fill the stands they have to play an entertaining attacking game, otherwise they bore away the fans.

6. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Eredivisie if it had more attractive players playing there...a lot of players abroad would want to play their trade in Holland

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Over half the teams cannot afford to bring in players from abroad. Vitesse had a model of bringing in EPL players on loan (maybe they still do). That's the only way it might work, but that doesn't help develop good young Dutch players if they are displaced.

Ofori repped this.
  8. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Good point but I just remember Holland as being one of the top leagues to play in not too long ago but now it is like you hardly ever see players from other countries go to the Eredivisie...it is like it has lost its popularity amongst players

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is not entirely true. There are lots of players from Scandinavia who still come and play here.

10. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Yeah of course but I meant like the rest of the world like African players, South American players, North American players, etc.

11. ???
    Are you serious?
    We've got several, many even national team players, from Peru, Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Mexico etc.
    Please do your homework before littering the thread with nonsense.

12. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Well then okay but at the same time like what I meant is we are hardly seeing players transfer to these Eredivisie clubs in these transfer windows because a lot of them either go to Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, like leagues of that nature before they go to Holland which is what I am trying to say

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There is one key reason for this...........money! Even Ajax, the wealthiest of the Dutch clubs, cannot compete. English Premier League teams get almost as much money from television as the whole Ajax operating budget. Four years ago Ajax were pressing hard to bring Richarlison over from Brazil. He ended up going to Everton as they were able to pay him more. This is the sad state of affairs.

14. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Exactly that is what I was trying to say but that aside I mean like let's say for example if a Dutch club were to win Champions League like let's say Ajax, PSV or even Feyenoord then the attention would be on the Eredivisie because you would see a lot more players go there

15. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hard to say right now. There's A LOT of young talent coming up. I personally quite like Hansen and Unuvar more than Boadu. If we're going a few years past that Olivier Aertssen and Antoni Milambo look insanely good.

Also I'm not worried about Donny. He's a very smart midfielder. He reminds me a lot of a Thomas Muller type midfielder just further back on the field. He'll be successful wherever he goes, without much fanfare.

Ofori and Orange14 repped this.
  16. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Either way the future looks good for Dutch football

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Donny really needs to be smart in deciding where he's going next. Go to a club that will utilize him in the right way (position). I think he's suited better as a central, box-to-box midfielder. He is a very neat and tidy player, recycles the ball well with his short passes/1-2 two touches - and who can pop in front of the net to score or assist. In the mold of Wijnaldum utilized by Kloop at Liverpool, or maybe poor man's (junior) Luka Modric. My fear is that when/if money talks louder, he somehow ends up in a delusional club that will demand him to be a creative "no. 10" playmaker... which he is not!

18. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Apparently Man Utd want him but then again Van de Beek could go to Juventus since they too are interested and so are Real Madrid

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All those clubs would be a disaster for him. If he goes to England, Liverpool are the only decent choice. Bayern or Dortmund would be good picks as well.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I wouldn't mind Donny making a smaller leap to an upper mid-table club... similar to what Wijnaldum and Virgil did. Take the pressure off him a bit and get a long runway. Let him prove himself first.

Everton and Newcastle are both getting cash infusion - and in theory, both should be competitive in next couple of years. Everton was, in fact, surging after Ancelotti took over earlier this year. Everton's technical director is a Dutchman (ex-PSV Marcel Brands) - some established connections here.

21. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Van de Beek going to Everton or Newcastle would be interesting to say the least

22. Both clubs notoriously are managed badly. Maybe Brands makes changes in that department, but I'm not holding my breath.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van de Beek is too good for either team. Neither will ever be more than mid-table and Newcastle are always fighting relegation.

24. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But by him going there, he instantly makes them better

25. Nope. You don't get better by a sinle player not being Cruijff or Maradona.
    If that would be true to Newcastle, it would be so when Gino was there. Newcastle still sucked despite Gino.

Orange14 repped this.