Watch list Midfielders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Player didnt even get a yellow :rolleyes:

Doesnt look good.
    Lets hope its healed by the time Euro starts

2. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Koopmeiners is on fire... scored again today, v. Milan, game is still going on, around the 75th minute, as I am typing. This is his sixth (!!) consecutive league matches he has scored for Atalanta, a streak that started on January 7th.

12 goals and 4 assists in all competitions.

richsavare repped this.
  4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He’s quite underrated and there is real quality to his game.
    Excellent range of passing and great delivery as well.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  5. wilson00

wilson00 Member+

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have said this before with frenkie around, he is forced to play in his shadows and this really takes away his free style esque of play which he gets to do at atalanta. free to move around where ever he likes. unfortunately in NT, frenkie just has his own authority and others have to fit in. this is why I want to see rotation at least with and without frenkie.

6. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    He had to put up with some POS shining a laser in his face during the PK.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Speaking of an underrated player… how about Joey Veerman? He’s killing it!!

In Eredivisie, he is the leader in assists (10 and counting!) Created the most chances, 89 in total — that’s on average 5 chances in a match (to put that in context, that is doubled compared to the next several leaders in the that category). 83% passing accuracy, 77% successful dribbles, 60% duels won. Not a single Yellow or Red card. Highest rated player in Eredivisie per FotMob app.

I know he has his own critics, but whoa, his numbers are no joke! It’s so nice to have options like Joey in Oranje. He is surely going to Euro and he will likely push for a larger role there.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    good Eredivisie player but not nearly good enouigh at a higher level. He was marked out of the game in the first Ajax match this season and PSV only came alive after he was subbed off for Saibari. He also wasn't that good in the drawn match back in Amsterdam. If you cannot shine against this season's Ajax club that doesn't bode well.

richsavare repped this.
  9. I've been a critic of him, but he has grown at PSV and taken on insufficiencies in his defensive play and one of my criticism points was he needs too much time to do his thing, but that has been improved considerably too. He's now far better able to show his skills under pressure than a year ago.
    Only point regarding the Orange Squad is that he's only an option for the Frenkie role. I don't see a midfield with thw two of them.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Well, one or two games doesn't define him... I think we'll have to see the player's performance and progress as a whole. A similar (counter) argument would be that Joey was brilliant in, arguably, a higher-stake match against Dortmund last week. He was was picked in the official UEFA's team of the week.

Both Koopmeiners and Reijnders are seemingly-average ("meh"), bargain players in Eredivisie -- not many thought they would be as good as they are now. So there's definitely a precedent here. I think Veerman could fall in this category and surprise many. Definitely needs to be in a club that gives him plenty of playing times for him to continue to develop.

Much better scenario that the likes of Bergwijn, Madueke, Brobbey, Boadu (and many others who were touted as can't-miss players, but are struggling to make impacts). And let's not even mention Antony, what a joke this guy is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How can you say that Brobbey is struggling to make an impact? He's been very good for a quite mediocre Ajax side. Also, last I noticed Antony is Brazillian, has been capped by Brazil, and thus should not be under consideration for the Dutch NT regardless of his performance in the EPL.

12. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    My thesis was that "average" Eredivisie players should not be ruled out yet at the higher level, unless proven otherwise... and the opposite is certainly true (hence the mention of Antony and others). Player development can take a number of different directions -- and moving to a club where a player can thrive and continue to develop is critical.

Brobbey did move to Leipzig and did not make an impact. Fact.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But that only proves what a lot of us were saying, players who move to big clubs too early is a huge mistake. You could say the exact same thing about Gravenberch moving to Bayern.

14. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree completely.
    Veerman really lacks the pace and athleticism needed for top level football.
    Certainly his passing ability is impressive at PSV in the Eredivisie, but he’s not my cup of tea for Oranje.

15. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Simons is one of the best midfielders currently in the Bundesliga and he is only 20. I think if you have the talent you can shine, if giving the right opportunities of course.

16. Stengs off the list for the EURO24 after a disgusting foul on him which Makkelie and the VAR ignored, while you can't get red any darker.

17. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    De Jong is injured :(
    upload_2024-3-4_6-50-7.jpeg

18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Reijnders scored a nice goal yesterday for Milan... a long-distance shot from corner of the penalty box after a short corner. I believe it was his first ever goal in European competition :thumbsup::thumbsup: Equally impressive, a couple minutes before his goal, he showed his speed and defensive awareness on a 1v1 situation preventing the opposing team to score on a counter-attack.

Too bad that Frenkie is injured this month... I would love to see the duo of Reijnders and Frenkie partnering in the middle of engine room, preferably sitting behind a free-roaming attacking midfielder, like Simons (when he's not deployed to LW).

19. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koopmeiners scored 2 goals today against Juventus

richsavare repped this.
  20. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Teun Koopmeiners is the League MVP for 2023/2024 as far as I'm concerned.

21. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Koopmeiners have now reached double-digit (10) goals in the league! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 12 goals in all competitions. Top scorer for his club.

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member+

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He primarily plays as LAM behind the striker in 3-4-2-1 and can drift to right at their will. Once he starts dictating play that it. Unfortunately in NT he will not get to play that position ( gakpo, lang, simons) and neither in the same setup where he is the focal point. This is why him and frenkie dont complement each other

24. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He’s played very well for Atalanta and is underrated in my opinion.

AGomes repped this.
  25. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Hard rumor going back 3 Weeks is that he's our #1 Offseason target. We need him.

Elsewhere he is may be underrated. In Italy he is not.

He broke my heart yesterday.