Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Let's get real here. When did Berghuis perform against a team of a certain level. Thus not the Emmen's of this world but AZ or better. How did he play against Northern Ireland? What is Berghuis his record in the CL (2 assists and 1 goal in 5 matches).

He has 16 caps since his debut in 2015 (6 starts). In those he has 0 goals and 5 assists. Against Poland, Italy and three against Romania.

I like his style and he is technically good, but he is also physically lightweight. His engine, explosiveness and such isn't good.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My comment was directed towards the el Ghazi - Berghuis comparison. el Ghazi played for an average French team and did very little and then was loaned out to Aston Villa. I watched him when he was at Ajax and felt he was a half step too slow to be a top flight winger and that he would be better suited to a striker in a 4-4-2. He has been a decent but not outstanding player for Villa both in the Championship and now the EPL.

3. See. This is what I expect to read. Informative and with stuff that can be discussed.

4. And Kevin deBruyne at Chelsea, went to lesser league to play and went back to pulverize the epl.

5. I wanted him as a replacement for de Vrij, whom I expected to leave after thw WC2014.
    However, my club didnot buy him and neither did any of the top clubs. I recognized his qualities, while at FC Groningen having meh games. So he wasnot setting the league on fire with his Groningen play.
    I was for along time puzzled why none of the top clubs bought him for that low price he had to cost, while his talent was obvious.
    It turned out that the top clubs had him in their crosshairs already at Willem II but what did put them all off was his attitude, playing too casual/easy going with concentration lapses...in other words attitude issues.
    So the soccer publications didnot miss his tremendous play because that was absent and they were in line with the management and the scouts of the top clubs.
    Defending he didnot have to learn. Behaving like a pro he did and that's what Celtic taught him.

Enough about van Dijk. This is the attacker thread.

6. I personally think too he beats Berghuis in quality, but I havenot seen it yet as he's in and out of the team.
    Anyway, he's a left winger and Berghuis is a rightwinger, so this isnot the competition I want to see examples of.

7. Anyway, Ajax and PSV have been pestering Feyenoord fans with their attempts to buy him the the last two season transfer windows. Ajax as a second option if they couldnot get Bergwijn and PSV as a replacement for Bergwijn. If Berghuis sucks, why donot both PSV and Ajax go for El Ghazi, as he was less expensive. I think they know their stuff, donot you?

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I have only watched one game of Villa in past couple months (maybe longer), so I claim zero knowledge. I was hugely disappointed with AEG, btw, on that game.

But so you know, apparently whoscored.com doesn’t agree with you. Out of some 12-14 Villa players with regular appearances (more than 15), AEG is right in the middle of the pack, far cry from “easily one of the best players” in the team that you claimed.

What’s more concerning to me is his inability to gain a rating of “7” in 2 months. That’s a red flag. But again, what do I know. It wasn’t me who rated them - I am simply the big data user :D

Btw - you mentioned J. Kluivert. I think he’s been included in the NT squad every now and then.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Arsenal simply had too many options at the time -Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tomas Rosicky, Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Alexis Sanchez whom were undroppable. eventually Gnabry knee injury resulted in wenger selling him.

this was the same story for Malen who also found playing minutes had to come by.

with 10 goals and 20 assists in bundasliga, de Bruyne rasied his stakes to acclaim he was top notch and a big team player which he eventually proved at Man City. in your view do you think the same will transpire in berghuis case with his on going perfomance in eredivisie, beacuse I cant see this happeneing. mid table club in either Serie A or Bundasliga is where he might end up. .

In July 2019 Anwar El Ghazi signed a contract with Aston Villa that nets him a whopping salary of 1.8 Million Euro (1.5 Million Pound) per year. this puts him in the same salary range as Ziyech and blind who are 2 and 3 highest paid player in ajax. depends how you wanna look at this. less expensive or hefty pay check

can some body confirm how much that new brazilian dude will be earning weekly/salary whom ajax broke the transfer fee bank.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Comparing EPL salaries to other leagues (not counting PSG, Barca, or Real Madrid who have special and probably corrupt financial structures) is a fool's errand. EPL teams get as much TV money as almost the entire Ajax operating budget. I think the current TV payout is over €100M/team. They pay huge salaries to players and those teams that end up getting relegated do get 'parachute' payments but if they don't go back up right away they are in deep trouble. It's one reason why they end up getting rid of the high salaried players. If Villa end up relegated this season that's exactly what will happen.

I don't know what Antony will be paid at Ajax.

11. Why are so aggressive in making absurd implications like me thinking Berghuis would go down the Kevin track. Stop this bullshit or I will put you on ignore. I've had it with this shit.

12. Gakpo, according to former PSV player Lucius, is going to play a decisive role in the Supersunday match PSV-Feyenoord.
    Welke speler beslist de wedstrijd?
    ,,Ik denk dat Cody Gakpo zondag beslissend gaat zijn met een goaltje vanuit de omschakeling. De ruimte die hij gegarandeerd gaat krijgen en zijn dreiging binnendoor gaan ervoor zorgen dat hij de gevaarlijkste man van het veld wordt. Daarnaast heeft PSV meer snelheid dan Feyenoord. Daar gaat het hele team van profiteren.”
    Which player decides the match?
    ,, I think Cody Gakpo will be decisive on Sunday with a goaltje from the counter. The space that he is guaranteed going to have and his threat cutting inside will ensure that he becomes the most dangerous man in the field. In addition, PSV has more speed than Feyenoord. The entire team will benefit from this. ”

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    exactly,you have answered your own question. "If Berghuis sucks, why donot both PSV and Ajax go for El Ghazi, as he was less expensive. I think they know their stuff, donot you?"
    again rightfully pointed out unless villa gets relegated, then only he may be available cheap.

even Dick Advocaat tried to negotiate the transfer of Lens from Beskitas to feyenoord but the salary was an issue.

14. upload_2020-2-28_2-25-28.png
    This isnot an obstacle for Ajax, given they changed their salary cap two years ago.

15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    apologizes orange 14, this was in response to feyenoordsoccerfan.

16. Ajax pays for an unproven Brasil kid the highest transfersum ever for them and that comes with a paycheck far higher than this one of El Ghazi as clubs like Borussia were after him.

17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lets give it a rest here and see whats happens to villa and el ghazi at the end of the season.

In between Kluivert scored for Roma, qualifying them to the next round.

18. Anyway, this stuff posted after the Bariputro post 133 isnot about the current form and qualities of players, but sidetracks I can't imagine to be interesting for the rest of the readers/posters in here.
    So let's quit this stuff and focus on the play of the contenders for an Orange spot.

I havenot watched the matches of AZ and Ajax. So I've no clue how our Orange candidates fared.
    For this thread the performance of Boadu and Stengs and Babel matter.
    From what I read both Stengs and Boadu werenot very good.

19. How was Promes? Is he getting in match form again?

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He only played the second half and was decent. Getafe were hard to penetrate. Ziyech would have made a difference

21. [QUOTE="wilson00, post: 38531367, member: 288331"]lets give it a rest here and see whats happens to villa and el ghazi at the end of the season.

In between Kluivert scored for Roma, qualifying them to the next round.[/QUOTE]
    I see you beat me to it.
    Good.

22. https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetb...ij-bayern-door-blessure-lewandowski~aeb05286/
    [​IMG]
    © Getty Images
    Zirkzee maakt basisdebuut bij Bayern door blessure Lewandowski

Joshua Zirkzee maakt zaterdag zijn debuut in de basis bij Bayern München in de Bundesliga. Het 18-jarige Nederlandse talent vervangt in de aanval de geblesseerde topschutter Robert Lewandowski in de uitwedstrijd tegen 1899 Hoffenheim. Zirkzee begint centraal voorin.

Sportredactie 29-02-20, 14:59

Lewandoski most likely out for the rest of the season. Zirkzee makes his debut this afternoon as replacement. The title race is a bit tight, so no pressure;)

23. https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...heim-lewandowski-zirkzee-coutinho-reaktionen/
    Joshua Zirkzee feiert Startelf-Debüt beim FC Bayern
    Flick vertraut in der Start-Aufstellung des FCB also Joshua Zirkzee - und das kommt durchaus überraschend. Der Coach betonte vor dem Spiel zwar ausdrücklich, dass er in die Planungen für den Lewandowski-Ersatz in der Bayern-Aufstellung auch Zirkzee einbeziehen wolle. Viele Beobachter waren dennoch davon ausgegangen, dass er in der Aufstellung zunächst auf Serge Gnabry im Sturmuzentrum vertraut. In Hoffenheim bekommt der junge Holländer, der in seinen drei Joker-Einsätzen in der Bundesliga schon drei Mal getroffen hat, nun erstmals die Chance, seine Treffsicherheit auch in der Startelf zu zeigen.

Would be something if he suddenly puts in numbers like Haaland:D

richsavare repped this.
  24. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Stolen from Feyenoord that guy...

25. yup.