Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    So, you're comparing a grown-man Noppert with a teenager Simons? :laugh: Well, I have news for you, my friend, mental healthiness is a real deal. I've seen one too many example in my family and friends circle when talented 15-20 years old kids crumble under pressure from their parents, schools, sports, and (fill in the blank). They end up making bad and stupid decisions ruining their otherwise bright future. Imagine that pressure-cooker environment is multiplied hundreds times in case of athletes and celebrities. Obviously each kid and situation is so varied. But yeah... I stand corrected. For the sake of Simon's personal well-being and professional career longevity, I truly hope he's being taken care of. I didn't say not to call up or play him, just temper the expectations... let him be a kid and grow.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not again. Do I have to repeat what you yourself said. The point you highlighted and which I referred to was to that he is inexperienced and that was in comparison to Lang who himself has what 2-3 caps for NT.

Then Noppert obviously got the nod at WC with no experience or having 0 caps at NT level. Again this is nothing to do with being man or kid but ability. He didn’t buckle under pressure or not having played at that level.

As for your testimony on man vs kids I suggest you go and watch PSV and Sevilla. It will clear your mind on his status as kid playing amongst man. Being said this you cannot compare Simons to those eredivisie talents who were hyped but never lived up to expectations. He has already shared locker rooms with some of the best players on the planet. Even if you look at him playing at PSV, he talents looks to above for eredivisie level. (One season only) and this is why he should not waste next season playing there and look for a bigger club where he can maximize his trajectory like to those of musiala, Pedro, Gavi etc. NT challenge shouldn’t be any exception. Performance should speak its volume.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Gakpo scored again today!! Superb feed from Salah, his control wasn't the best but he was still able to sneak in past the GK. Had another weak header straight to the goalie. Subbed off in the 60th minute. Overall it was very nice day in the office for him. Two goals in two weeks now. Keep 'em coming!!

Deadtigers and richsavare repped this.
  4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Had to mention that Wout Weghorst the much maligned Manchester United loan signing by Ten Hag has been playing the past 3 matches in the # 10 role.
    Weghorst has only scored once since his move from Besiktas/Burnley but has been getting a lot of starts and minutes because of his endless motor and work rate.

5. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    There is a debate in the United forum as to whether you should be signed full-time. Even though his production is low, he does great hold-up play and interlinking with the rest of the attack as well as this new role where they drop him into 10 and move Bruno to the right. He will even drop deeper into the midfield to let Fred do all the frontline pressing and it shows such great IQ that he seems like a guy who would fit in well with a squad even if he's not a starter because he understands the game so well in his role. I also think if you can get a goal or two in the Premier League then they'll start coming in bunches.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  6. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The production of goals is what gets everyone all hot and bothered as we all know, but looking closer it’s not like Weghorst has wasted many opportunities. He’s bringing his team other positives with his work rate and excellent tactical understanding while Rashford is banging in the goals.
    I agree the goals should come for him with some supply from the attacking style Ten Hag has been showing

Brilliant Dutch and Deadtigers repped this.
  7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Richarlison has zero goals in 14 games, and Spurs keep starting him too.
    The Weghorst goals will come, I have no doubt

8. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Danjuma made a stupid choice going to Spurs who are loaded with decent attackers.
    Danjuma should have moved to PSV or Ajax for the rest of the season.
    Bergwijn was in the same position.
    Not playing stunts your development!

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm watching Spurs right now, and Danjuma cant buy any minutes.
    Why did they even take him on as a loan??

10. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    WW coming close again today. Seems the team is looking for him more and trying to reward his hard work. He's really doing all the little things and the key things to make the whole offense tick. The passing to bring in others, the running to open up space, he just needs to bang one or two into the net and then I think he'll be on a decent streak.

11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I cant say I understand Spurs strategy. I thought he was a replacement for Mora. But then they had Bergwijn and didn't really use him either. Conti is not dumb but I am not sure what he is doing.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Malen scored today against Hertha

13. I think his tactical savvy outclasses many in the epl frontlines.

14. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Might have something to do staying in the Dutch system till well past 18. I'm not saying all young players should stay till 26 like he did but maybe not running off to England at the age of 15 makes a difference

Oranje Agony repped this.
  15. :D
    We've been saying/posting that in here for over a decade, but do they listen?:rolleyes:
    NOOOOOO:mad:

Oranje Agony, Orange14 and Deadtigers repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually he is.

richsavare repped this.
  17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What's this, his first of the season???

18. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    He has achieved a lot so can't say he is dumb. Stubborn is one and seems like most coaches to be Uber conservative when under pressure.

19. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Memphis comes in around the 72nd minute to help Atletico Madrid beat Athletic Bilbao 1 nil.
    Apparently he picked up an injury during the week and it was not known if he would play. Stating the obvious once again that he needs to get himself going.
    It really should not be a problem based on his talent and ability compared to the rest of Atletico’s attackers.

20. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    When did he leave Barca for Atletico? I missed that.

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Overall good week for dutch forwards Including gakpo, malen, lang, boadu,and dallinga all scored for their respective clubs.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Last month.

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I watched the match highlight... On the lone Atletico goal, Memphis received the ball and tried to hold-up the play but somehow the ball bounced off his and the defender's feet -- and Griezmann took full advantage of the mishap, and ran through towards goal and scored. I didn't think it was technically an assist by Memphis, but I guess he got the brownie point from his effort and involvement :D A few minutes later, he had a very nice thru-ball to release Morata, but he couldn't convert. Atletico is up to Real Madrid next round... it will be awesome to see Memphis starting, or getting extended minutes!

richsavare repped this.
  24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert starts today on RW against Getafe

25. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Whats wrong with noa lang man. he needs stop behaving like a clown and grow up.