Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Luuk De Jong started and scored today... 20 minutes in, game is still going. Can I hear a whoop whoop... :geek::D

2. Oh, I forgot to mention you got to click on the twitterpost as the interesting stuff is within the post itself!!!

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Luuk ended up with a double. Sevilla won the match 3-0. BTW, this is a Copa del Rey match.

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    So Luuk finally managed to find the net after a long time. Too little too late I hope. I just don’t rate the guy. Especially not when Weghorst is the alternative.

Anyway. I’m liking what I’m seeing from the new and improved FdJ. Now he’s a more of a goal-threat now and he’s deciding games for big old Barcelona. This is the Frenkie we need come the Euros.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Zirkzee off to Parma

6. Bit cheesy;)
    Anyway, Bayern doesnot think much of him anymore as there's no buy back clause if my info is right.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Parma... of all places? Why...? Second from the bottom in Serie A. Could be relegated.

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Noa Lang netted a winner. 8th goal of the season.

Bergwijn with an assist for Spurs in a losing effort to 'Pool (two assists in two consecutive league games). Decent show for Stevie overall, he had a couple nice runs and worked tirelessly on the defensive end.... that said, Spurs were outperformed badly overall. Klopp's men were clearly on a mission after a string of bad performances!!

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Tahith Chong is reportedly heading to Club Brugge to become the fifth Dutchmen in the team.... joining Lang, Dost, Vormer, and Denswil :cool:

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two of the five are decent, two are rubbish and one is over the hill.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In terms of servicing, dost could be a big beneficiary with him around.

12. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I know it sounds crazy but Chong is “already” 21, he’ll be 22 this year. Can’t carry around the tag of a talent for much longer. Hope he can have a break-through season like Noa at Brugge.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is quickly becoming a top candidate for the Freddy Adu award.

Jpows and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #414 Brilliant Dutch, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    And Zirkzee is right behind him

Jpows repped this.
  15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Another goal and a assist for Lang vs KV oostende taking his tally to 9 goals and 6 assists in 17 games.

Dost aslo continuing with his goal streak.

Honestly speaking its worth watching club brugge games these days. You really have to admire langs stamina as he continues with man of the match performance week after week.he just keeps running and pops up everywhere. or else juplier league is simply to weak to his standards and he needs an upgrade.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is there any way Ajax can get him back for next season??

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They can buy him back.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  18. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Thing about Lang is that you just don’t know if he’s really this good or is it more the level of the Belgian league. Would Lang be this prominent and decisive at Ajax? Or is he just a big fish in a small pond?

Anyway, hope Chong can get in on the action as well.

As far as Zirkzee is concerned, he needs to really start thinking seriously about his career choices. He needs to play and I don’t see him becoming Bayern’s next Lewandowski and undisputed starter for now. He also needs to be smart in picking a club. Thank goodness Parma was just a rumor.

19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lets wait and see how he does in the EL.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I thought Lang had decided not to return to Ajax after the loan. I might have remembered this wrong.

The most important thing is that Lang gets consistent minutes and develops himself. Now, whether or not this translates to a higher level (bigger/tougher competition), time will answer. But Lang is surely giving himself a chance. Which is smarter and respectable, especially compared to those kids chasing for more money/fame at the expense of precious playing time.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While he is on loan, Brugge have an obligation to purchase him for €6M

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst scored again today

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Sounds like Club Brugge got themselves a really sweet deal!! Sold their winger and previous leading scorer Krepin Diatta for €20M to Monaco this transfer window, and could get Loang for less than a third of that transfer income. Statistically, Loang has already scored as many as Diatta did in the first half the season, and assisted a lot more.

24. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    For sure. I never questioned his decision to go elsewhere in search of mire playing time. I think that’s pretty logical. However, you cannot simply ignore the league he’s playing in when weighing the choice of picking him over another for Oranje.

I think he should use Brugge as a stepping stone to secure a transfer to a better league. Only then can we truly gauge his level. The EL will also give us some idea I suppose.

Don’t get me wrong, for me he should already be picked over someone like Babel.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst and Memphis scored today

Orange14 repped this.