Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I had high hopes he might eventually make a good winger for Oranje, but it doesnt seem to be working out.

And agreed, EPL doesnt suit him. La Liga might though

wilson00 repped this.
  2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He actually played and scored in the league cup vs Bristol in september and then featured again in the loss to stoke city which was in the league cup as well in october.

Villa were very active in the transfer market and they brought in alot of reinforcement to add more depth and quality to the side and Bertrand traore (lyon)was one of them aimed to add more competition on the wings. Jack Grealish is undroppable and traore, Trezequet and El Ghazi are competing for the other wing spot.

I disagree on the first part. He had some some 5 goal and 7 assists in his first season which was not bad given they had been just promoted from Championship. Villa one downfall last season was the failure of the high profile striker signings who failed to leave up to expectations. It came down to grealish and El ghazi after that and while Jack grealish was clearly villas most inform player, El Ghazi was often on and off. His inconsistency and the rise of trezequet who is currently starting for villa turned the table around on him, and compared to last season when the sutation was the other way around, now El ghazi finds himself surplus.

If El ghazi can work around on his consistency, there is no doubt he can bench both Trezequet and Traore who was already out of favour at Lyon. Im sure after leeds thrashing the villa coach will be forced to think again.

It is also true Villa wanted to offload El Ghazi and Olympicos did show intrest in him but nothing further eventuated. What I have seen of Trezequet is that he is a good finisher especially inside the box and thats where he proved himself to be more descive over El Ghazi.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lammers got his first start today. Good for him. I didn't watch the game... though based on stats from whoscored, it didn't look it was a memorable performance.

EDIT - also noticed that Justin Kluivert made his first start as well for RB Leipzig.

4. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Yah it has been a real bad start for young dutch players abroad. Lammers was the worst player on the pitch for Atalanta. And Kluivert was the worst player for RB Leipzig. Also Zeefuik got subbed on and got 2 yellow cards within 3 minutes to be sent off.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I watched the game. Lammers had one good line break, 2 shots on target, 1 header and one shot which was blocked.not entirely his fault that the service was very poor especially with Gosen and Hateboer both on the bench. Also felt that gomez and Illicic were too ambitious and only chose to bring lammers into play when they ran out of options.

Things were a lot different than last week when pappu gomez was in the middle servicing both zapata and Muirel upfront and then when lammers came on for muriel.

Zapata replaced lammers at half time and all of sudden everybody started passing the ball to him. Not sure if this was the instruction at HT. Was more lively than Lammers, added more physicality in the box resulting in the atalanta penalty and made a good impact of the bench. Atalanta dominated the possession but samporida were decisive on the counter.

Its clear if you are playing lammers you need players who can service him with first time ball. This is where he can be absolutely lethal. Apart from the servicing part , I think he was active in the usually stuff.tracking back, linking up in the middle, few half runs, ariel threat and so forth

Comparing the two halves, you could tell lammers was running into the channels between defenders but both gomez and illicic chose to delay passes and pull the trigger themselves.

In the second half Zapata received more balls and enjoyed more possessions than lammers did in the first.

Gasperini has some decision to make now as to how he will fit all muriel, zapata,lammers,Gomez and Illicic in the team. Hope lammers will not be on the losing end here given how he operates.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  6. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Zirkzee is receiving some serious criticism now.

@feyenoordsoccerfan do you know whether he had also mentality issues when he was in the Feyenoord youth?

Tahith Chong is also flopping hard now. Sadly, early moves abroad are rarely successful

7. The fact he took off after playing leach at the Feyenoord Academy is to me a sign of a mentality issue. Taking without a sense of dignity towards the ones who gave you the chance to develop and selfishly go after pure own interest.
    Anyway, I have good contacts with German posters who keep a keen eye on academies in Germany and these told me Zirkzee has major holes in his abilities. Probably these can be addressed, but too big to be a real candidate for a BuLi club.
    When you have no trouble to betray your childhood club, your mentality is deplorable. It's a takers mentality, where those with true mentality give in return for what's being received.
    My stance is clear in those cases. Never ever you can put the Feyenoord shirt on again.

8. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    What are those weaknesses in abilities?

9. They didnot elaborate and I wasnot asking for it.
    When in Dutch papers he was being hyped not so long ago I asked about him in their forum, just to check this hyping with some objective opinions. Didnot bother to go into details as this was as much time I wanted to waste on him.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am glad this young man got his priority straight... :speechless::p

Orange14 and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  12. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    It is a parody account

13. As in "fake"?

14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Without the quotation marks.

15. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I just watched the 1-1 draw between Eintracht and RB Leipzig in Frankfurt and Kluivert did come on for the final 20 minutes. And did nothing. Just another Dutch youth with promise who left the Eredivisie too soon.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Steven Bergwijn started today v. Man City, subbed out after 70+ minutes. A decent day in the office overall, nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. Had one clever layoff to Son who could have finished it, but instead took an extra pass setting up Kane (who ultimately score but then ruled out for offside). Spurs were defending a lot, so Bergwijn was on the pitch to chase long balls on counter. Clearly still lack of match sharpness after rough 3-4 weeks dealing with lingering injuries. It's good for his confidence getting a nod against a strong team.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst with a goal and assist today.
    Strange that FdB won't call him up

18. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst with a double today. He has 6 goals in 9 matches now for Wolfsburg. Needs to be called up by FdB

20. But but but ...he can't dribble;)

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Late posting....

Boadu started the match v. Heracles yesterday (his first start in over a month, I think?) Won a penalty that Koopmeiners converted. Then scored a decisive a goal capitalizing from Koopmeiners' lob pass. Nice to see him back on the scoring column... hope to see more!

Malen and Gakpo were on the bench as uninspiring PSV "B" taking on Sparta. Both came on the second half, with 20 minutes to go. Malen scored from a rebound after his own penalty miss to give PSV a slender 1-0 win. Otherwise, pretty mediocre shows from the Dutch forward duo. Ihattaren was still nowhere to be found (not even on the bench).

Bergwijn started, again, for Spurs. I only caught the first half. Chelsea dominated possessions, and Mourinho's game plan was clearly to play on the counter. Bergwijn had one excellent run and an opportunity to shoot. But he skyrocketed and failed to test the GK. It was probably the only meaningful offense from Spurs' perspective in that half.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert scored today against Bayern

23. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    What’s the opinion here on Van Bergen. He is fast, nice dribbling good vision and has a good eye for the goal. The only thing I feel it’s missing is his build up, don’t know if he can handle a more physical league. At least someone good to keep an eye for me. Gakpo is killing it lately btw, it seems he has grown a lot in a short period of time.

24. Van Bergen needs space to utilize his speed. He's a counter team player. I had my attention on analyzing Joey Veerman's game the matches I watched sc Heerenveen. So looked more on the combi of Veerman's actions towards serving van Bergen and not so much on how van Bergen acts in other situations. Next time I'll watch for him.

25. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Appreciate the feedback. He might be someone worth to keep an eye. I’m not fully happy with our wingers atm. Gakpo seems promising let’s see.