Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Thought the start of the second half he was strong. Could have easily had an assist and then made a great move to hit the bar. I haven't seen Bayern that poor as a unit in a long time though

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is why he should be recalled in NT.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am sure Danjuma could not be worse than Dilrosun.... who has only logged in 16 freaking minutes so far this season, in a meaningless Cup match I must add. What!?! :eek::p

It will interesting to see what the attackers can muster in next month's matches. Especially when Depay is out.

Promes and Berghuis seem to have hit the ground running. Bergwijn, Luukinho, and Weghorst are getting rotation minutes and mixed results. Boadu and Stengs are having rough time (I think they both will once again miss out in the final selection). Malen should be in... not as sharp as his pre-injury form yet, but he's working hard and getting solid playing time. Babel, ugh. :cautious:

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I think you are being too harsh on Dilrosun. I have said this before he is competing with Matheus Cunha and Dodi Lukebakio, who are tatically better players than him at the moment and are regular starters for hertha Coach Labbadia plus niggling injuries has also not helping him in this situation. being said this if he is in the match day squad, he is guaranteed minutes of the bench. he is more used as impact player .

promes and Bergwijn, I have no hope in conext to NT. they are average at best and are there because they have the advantage of being capped at NT level or if not other notable wingers have yet to arrive on the big stage to compete with them. I mean you look at when Arnanut Danjuma burst onto the NT stage, he instantly made the impact scoring on his first game as a starter .

you have to admit that Promes and Bergwijn are two very plain wingers who without the speed factor are null and voi.d. promes in the last two games couldn't even penetrate on the outside of the defenders. he just kept cutting inside into heavy traffic and if no optons was forced to go with lateral or back passes. when you see this happening, you know something is wrong. remains me of kyut in the 2010 final. now if you have to put dilrosun in this situation, then he offers you with both options, going outside and cutting inside. i would go with Dilrosun

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Late posting.... I think somebody asked about Bergwijn in the other thread. He did start a couple days ago in Spurs' match in Europa League. They easily defeated Maccabi 7-2.

Stevie played 90 minutes. Assisted 2 goals. Involved in the build-up of another 2 goals. He also had one glorious break-away opportunity on a 1v1 situation, but he messed this up (trying to chip the GK).

He hasn't started in the Premiere League yet (subbed in couple times) - falls victim to Mourinho' rotation, but it's probably good thing for him to keep him fresh and injury-free (remember he just moved to England earlier in the year, and is still adapting).

Spurs are visiting M. Utd this weekend. It will be a battle of two Dutch talents (Stevie vs. Donny) looking to solidify minutes at their respective new clubs. Hopefully both gets meaningful plays!

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He will never progress as long as Mourinho is training the club.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yep... Mourinho wasn't able to get the most of Memphis, and look where he is now :thumbsup: Although the player's maturity and such also should be taken into an account as part of the overall development phase.

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #258 wilson00, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Mourinho or van Gaal. Bergwijn is good but be wont be able to force the likes of Moura,,Son to the bench. Bale has also arrived and Lamela is also there. Mourinho is like,which ever player gives him what he wants, gets the game. Look at Dele Alli situation. he usually rotates thd bench during europa league and other domestic competitions like FA ,EFLcup,

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sam lammers first goal for Atalanta.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  10. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

wilson00 repped this.
  11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AZ ripping apart Sparta. Aboubhkal already with two goal. Looks like
    he has sprung to life in the absence of idrissi.

12. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Well that changed quickly for AZ. Boadu still in such poor form. Just looks lost out there. I know it's not attackers but Bizot has been horrendous. And Wijndal is not ready for Oranje in this form

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Luukinho just scored against Barca and now has 2 goals in 2 games for Sevilla

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Justin Kluivert is leaving AS Roma to join RB Leipzig on loan. Hope this kid gets his career back on track... such a waste of move to Italy.

BTW - I am surprised he is not returning to Ajax.... sarcasm detected. :rolleyes::inlove:

Teak repped this.
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He might have been cheaper than Klaassen. Unfortunately, he's not as good as the wing players Ajax currently have.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay with 3 assists today

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Busy weekend for Oranje forwards in Eredivisie....

Stengs came back from suspension. I only got to watch the first half... he was very lively and looked hungry. Scored a nice goal. Should have had a second on a point blank effort that went straight to the GK. That missed opportunity - and Boadu's headers that hit the bar - would have killed the game! Alas, AZ choked and drew for the fourth consecutive time. And three (!!) red cards in those four games. A dreadful record.

Boadu was okay... largely invisible apart from a couple good moments.

Gakpo was my MoTM for PSV. One assist and one goal. Nice job all around. Looks like he's given freedom to roam, and he did well drifting to the center - not just hugging the byline. He continues to be one to watch this season!

Malen scored as well. Had one or two other half-chances. Pretty decent game overall. With Zahavi sidelined, he was the main striker and pushed further up. If Fdb (Oranje) is stick with a two-man forward setup in 3-5-2, Malen would probably be the main beneficiary, as Schmidt (PSV) employ similar general attacking line of a 4-2-2-2.

18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lammers????

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    First of, Lammers is no longer in Eredivisie. Second, I do not have coverage for Serie A :confused::p

20. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ESPN + has it, very good option and affordable. He did score again though. 2 in 2 from the bench.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Good call out! I actually do subscribe to ESPN+ (primarily to watch the Eredivisie games), but I always forget it has also has Serie A. Although honestly, never really follow or like Serie A to begin with - not that I have extra spare time to throw around. I will rely on this wonderful board to give me latest and unbiased ;) news on how the Dutch contingents are doing in Italy!

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  24. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Yah El Ghazi is on the roster but just is one of their worse players so doesn't get much playing time.

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    He is not built for EPL.... not quick and strong enough to compete. And wildly inconsistent. Didn't he have a clash with his teammate(s)? Maybe he had some chemistry issue also. I recalled reading that he was allowed to leave the club, but no potential suitors in this past transfer widow. Maybe next winter break he can find a way out. Guessing probably going (back) to Eredivisie, which seems to be a trend these days. Not counting on him making a comeback to Oranje NT anytime soon.

gabrielguilarte and Brilliant Dutch repped this.