Washington Post: D.C. Team to Open at RFK With D'backs

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by seahawkdad, Oct 28, 2004.

1. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    On the first point, Bro, tell me how much you would like to put up I'll book it if I can call you. Hell, Maybe I'll raise you (hey I got a mortgage and bills to pay). Coz United has ZIPPY options. United will be playing on dirt. Put that one in the bet book! What is our club gonna do, where are they gonna go? U MD College Park? Montgomery County's MD Soccerplex?

Gotta hand it to you on your second point, though. If the dirt can be eliminated, then you are on to something with your idea of a WCQ in October. Given we play the right opponent. Like Panama (actually having a home field advantadge for the Nats in RFK for once in my life has spoiled me).

2. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this more 'proof by assertion'? I'll take your bet.

It is explicitly stated in DCU's contract that they will not play on dirt as a safety issue. They will bring in temp grass in trays or some other system to provide a complete grass field.

I hear that the soccer field layout will be moved away from home plate so as to minimize the area of overlap. Let's see what happens.

3. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Cantankerous One, is it too late to BACKPEDDLE from my offer to bet the way that the WIZARD'S BRENDAN HAYWOOD BACKED AWAY AFTER THROWING THAT LAME SS SUCKER PUNCH AGAINST THE BULLS IN CHI-TOWN the other night?

My wife is gonna kick my SS coz two of her many rules are:
    1) Don't bet.
    2) Don't bet AND LOSE (coz I got a mortgage and bills ta pay)

YOU'RE RIGHT: Let's see what happens. If they don't use a grass system, then we had a firm bet for a lot of cash.

Props to you, Bro. Honestly, I was sleeping on some of the possibilities...

4. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Gotta love Junkies fans!!

Donkey!!

5. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)

There's no bet until money (or beer) is on the table.

I live in fear that all contracts in force will get thrown out of the window in the face of MLB pressure. It's going to be interesting next year.

6. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    I highly doubt DC will get a qualifier. Frisco, HDC and Crew Stadium will all receive qualifiers. They are Soccer Specific stadiums owned and funded by individuals on the USSF board. I doubt USSF will want to pay rental fees to the DC government when owners of SSS sit on the USSF board. It is too bad cause DC is a fine venue, but we are talking about money here.

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    If that's the case, why did RFK ever get a qualifier in the past? Your logic makes no sense.

8. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Guilty a charged, Ricky!

My wife is f*ing right. It must be painfully obvious that I'm just another donkey that listened to that hurting show for way too long.

I need reprograming.