Washington Capitals 2012 - 2013

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Oveki8, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Caps take a 2-0 lead into Madison Square Garden tonight, it should be an interesting game!

2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    crapitals choke again in game 7, awful. i hate the rangers cause lundqvist alway plays like a demi god against us

Oveki8 repped this.
  3. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Same old, same old... :(

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go, guys :rolleyes:

5. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    "“We’ve got everybody and their brother whining out there in Washington about what happened in that series,” Tortorella told reporters, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News. “And I think that’s a big reason they lose that series.”
    But it turns out Tortorella had already made similar comments to Mike Francesa on WFAN Tuesday afternoon. This happened when the host complimented Tortorella on his team keeping an aggressive Alex Ovechkin in check.
    “And they got beat up,” Tortorella said of his blue-liners. “And that’s part of the game. [Ryan McDonagh], he gets run over, but he’s ready to go right away. And there was no retaliating. I thought our discipline was very important in the series, because their power play is so good. And it’s a great lesson for our young players. You’ve got to take a hit to make a play. And you’ve just got to keep on going about it, and I think we outlasted them that way. There was a lot of whining going on over there the last couple of games about penalties and this and that. We just shut our mouths and we played, and I really respect our team for going out their business that way.”"

6. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Ovi gets the Hart trophy.

Well deserved imho, but I'm biased.

7. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could play half a season and underperform in the playoffs too. In your heart of hearts you know exactly who deserved that trophy.

8. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    You do realize that the Hart trophy is given to the MVP of the regular season, the playoffs have nothing to do with it (they actually award an MVP for the NHL playoffs).

I do agree to a certain degree with him underperfoming in the playoffs, but he had a fractured foot, so there's that.

9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'd have picked Tavares - but that's just me - Ovie got hot and carried the team to the playoffs, that's why he won the Hart.

YMMV

10. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Fair enough.

When two out of three BigSoccer posters pick Tavares over Ovechkin it clearly shows that I am biased. :)

11. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire Mcphee and Ted. People thought Snyder and Cerrato were bad. If not for the luck with Ovechkin they would be the most hated combo in DC.

Oveki8 repped this.
  12. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    I have to agree with you there.

What's sad is that their chances at winning the Stanley Cup are diminishing rapidly. They did not take advantage of having Ovechkin on the team (and by that I mean not getting enough quality players or at least playoff-type players) and now it may be too late.

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States