Wash. Times article

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Jose L. Couso, Aug 4, 2002.

1. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow defending Christina Agulera in public? You are brave :)

--Okay for all the bitching... Who the F%^& has EVER seen a great HALFTIME show?!? they are supposed to suck $hit... its an American tradition!!!

--and before we bitch some more about it take a look at MLB and their Allstar game... Now THAT's a real mess.

I was easily one of the biggest bashers of this game before going and I think considering it all it went off remarkably well. If MLS was established and rich I can bet you that you never would have seen the game finished and you would have gone home a lot more annoyed.

2. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    She performed months after Genie-In-A-Bottle (her big hit) came out. Most people who know who she is now knew who she was then.

3. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    back to the subject of the thread. i don't really see a problem with this article. it's the Wash Times, so you need to come in expecting editoralizing in the articles. Other than that, I think he makes some good points and is honestly pretty fair to the game. MLS was put in a tough situation and considering that All Star games are entertainment rather than sports, I'm not sure they made bad decisions. Being so dismissive and angry about this article shows some people are a little to sensitive to valid criticisms (even if they come from a hack paper like Wash Times)

4. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    It is very, very, very hard for me to argue with you there. In fact, I'm not sure that I know what it is now knew what you said there.

5. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    How Is this:

Most of the people that know who she is right now also knew who she was back then.

6. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Better. But, clearly, the Cartoon Network is a major influence.

What was this thread about anyway? Ah, the Washington Times. The thing that really pisses me off about each of the articles we've read recently from this dude is that there are at least three or four dozen people on these boards that could do a better job than him. Call it the Jamie Trecker line.

Tim

7. lanorte512

lanorte512 New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    spotsylvania va
    the game was awesome and that report is ok but the game had to god things the prt when we ran on the field and when rubio came around on the bike she has a nice ASS!!!! go LA NORTE if anyone wants to join c'mon we sell tiks by screaming eagles and they r $15

8. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    Well,
    If memory serves me right, MLS Allstar games and/or MLS Cups serve as launch paths for pop singers/bands, Christina Aguilera, N Suck, and well now...Paulina Rubio. Maybe one day, MLS will afford the likes of KISS!:)
    It's an All star game...it's nothing serious, so don't see why people have to get all upset about it. If it been the final, then, that's another story.
    Speaking of Rubio...she is really thin. I walked by her on the way into the field, and murmurred..."damn, that girl needs to eat some pizza." A guy wearing a pepsi jersey walked over and told me that, "that's Paulina Rubio."
    She's hot...can sing and dance, have seen worst...so no complains here.

But seriously...if she was fat and mising a front tooth...I can understand missing out on 15 minutes of a friendly...