was Libertadores 2013 (2a parte) -- now bengala incident, etc

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ya que el otro topic fue cerrado, continuamos acá:

Martes 19:
    Peñarol-Emelec
    Olimpia-Univ.de Chile
    Millonarios-Tijuana
    Toluca-Nacional

Miércoles 20:
    Fluminense-Gremio
    Vélez Sarsfield-Iquique
    San José-Corinthians
    Huachipato-Caracas

Jueves 21:
    Cerro Porteño-Real Garcilaso
    Tigre-Libertad
    Dep.Lara-Newell's old boys
    Santa Fe-Tolima

HeartandSoul and chaski repped this.
  2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Bolded are the matches I'm going to pay attention to.

Toluca can get a huge advantage if it defeats Nacional at home. That would leave Nacional with 1 point in 2 matches - it could be alarming for them.

The RJ vs. Porto Alegre confrontion in Rio - Fluminense has 3 points, Gremio has none. Gremio now has to win, and while the reigning Brazilian champions are favorites, don't underestimate Gremio. Gremio does after all have Barcos, Vargas, Z. Roberto, Elano, Dida, and they'll be hungry.

Vélez Sarsfield is the defending champion of Argentina's league, and they were beaten in their opener at Emelec last week. I'm certain Gareca's players will do what they must to get 3 points against Iquique, and at home, they should be able to do it. I should not be surprised by any upsets regarding traditional teams after how Boca lost at home last week, but I have a feeling Vélez will pull it off.

Corinthians debuts. 10 of the 11 men who defeated Chelsea drew against Palmeiras this past Sunday. Corinthians had more game volume and hit the woodwork, but Palmeiras actually went up 2-1 at one point, until Romarinho - he who gave Corinthians a draw in the first leg of last year's Libertadores - struck for them. Corinthians can take the 3 points back to Brazil - but will they?

3. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    MetroChile and Yañez repped this.
  4. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am still nervous for my team, we still have loads of injured starters, and now fatigue is becoming an issue. Hopefully we can get this fixed in time to perform well in the Libertadores. Olimpia is a good team but I think we should be able to steal a point or maybe even win.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd add that Franco's approach/style has not been fully assimilated by the squad: saw the 2nd half vs Everton this weekend, and la U's attack looked really disjointed, imo.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Huachipato's defeat of big-pocketed Gremio has been cheered around the world by true football fans, who are disillusioned with big teams literally buying cups, either by massive spending, or by just buying the refs and other teams.

From the BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21496660

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I bet he will complain about how a Brazilian team bought out the ref when they win this tournament again. Gonna love his double standards.

#TwoTimesTimao

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Corinthians is on paper good enough to reach at the very least the semifinals. I wouldn't be surprised if they get there and meet another Brazilian. The one Brazilian team that looks strong enough right now to oust them is Fluminense. But if somehow Palmeiras appears in Corinthians' knockout round path and eliminates Corinthians - don't be surprised. They did this in 1999 and in 2000, both times on PKs, and the latter was when Corinthians had an impressive roster with many very good players. That's the case in 2013 - yesterday's draw showed that these Palmeiras players, a lunch-bucket, blue-collar group, are going to go all out because they've got nothing to lose and a lot to prove.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I don't read too much into Paulistao results. Unfortunately thats the only time we'll be seeing this season.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Indeed. Rivalry aside, Palmeiras is a GRANDE of Brazilian soccer. I have no doubt it'll be in the 2014 Brasileirão. I will applaud Palmeiras' every win in the 2013 Libertadores (except if SPFC is the opponent).

11. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    21h30 Olimpia-PAR x Universidad de Chile-CHI

'My match' today. Information on both teams? Lineup, style...

unclesox repped this.
  12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Universidad de Chile formaría con
    Johnny Herrera; Paulo Magalhaes, José Rojas, Albert Acevedo, Sergio Velázquez; Sebastián Martínez, Charles Aránguiz, Ramón Fernández, Gustavo Lorenzetti; Sebastián Ubilla y César Cortés.

Team is still getting adapted to Franco´s style. We tied last game vs Everton in the chilean league. We also have 4 starters and some backups who always play injured. Despite that, the team is still offensive and tends to leave some space at the back, which vs a Paraguayan team could be costly.

Lucas... repped this.
  13. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks. I read an analysis that Franco's tactics usually assemble a more defensive than the Sampaoli. The beautiful campaign in Copa Sudamericana 2011 is still remembered, so always expected that La U play great football. Ubilla is also seen as a good talent and would like to see more of his stuff plus some compilations on YouTube.

The other games will be broadcast on television, but I will watch this match. Olimpia needs the victory and I have curiosity to see how the Universidad de Chile are playing.

MetroChile repped this.
  14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Since I am here in the US... priority is going to the mexican match ups. :(

Although, I am looking forward to seeing Tijuana play. They have some interesting, young, players 2 that play for the USA. I will be rooting for them as a result.

Millionarios look REALLY good though... and have made some strong additions in the off seasson. I am looking close at Ex Seattle Sounders Fredy Montero who is scoring pretty easily back home. His goal is to use the libertadores to find a way to europe. Hew as one of the MLS star players... and for good reason. Amazing talent!

15. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I wouldnt say he is more defensive, just not as direct, likes to hold possesion a bit more. With Sampaoli it was get the ball go straight forward fast. In fact, one of the main criticism la U is getting is that it is leaving too much space at the back cause the whole team is attacking. As for Ubilla, he is just starting to perform well, first season playing as starter. Personally the potentially best player we have is Martinez, an U20 from the youth setup. Wont last long in Chile.

Lucas... repped this.
  16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Boletín Oficial

Gustavo Quinteros denouncing food poisoning on Radio Guancavilca in Ecuador. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40155358/ENTREVISTA%20A%20GUSTAVO%20QUINTEROS%20-%20LA%20ACD%20EN%20LA%20CANCHA.mp3 …

17. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    The game needs to be suspended and investigated. Or Emelec needs to leave. They have more than enough grounds.

Once again...

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really... what else is new?

Think about the teams that have the hinchas hassle them all night outside of their hotel to not let them sleep well.... It sucks...but that's the realities of our futbol. It's the MOST passionate for good and for bad.

19. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    The Sheraton is a 5 star hotel. They have tested their food and it is fine. Emelec has not even filed a formal complaint against the hotel. We have played way more important games in the recent past and nothing has hapenned. Why would we poison Emelec in a 1st round game? This whole thing seems fishy to me

20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jugando el 2° tiempo:

Peñarol 1 Emelec 0
    Gol de Juan Olivera.

21. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Terminado:

Peñarol 1 Emelec 0
    Gol de Juan Olivera.

1. Peñarol 6
    2. Emelec 3
    ----------
    3. Iquique 0 -1 1g
    4. Vélez Sarsfield 0 -1 0g

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    6 ecuatorianos con diarrea en Montevideo.... y eso que tiene de extraño?

Dario Rodriguez, no te mueras nunca!

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Y bueno, no se les notó nada raro a los del equipo ecuatoriano durante el partido. ¡Qué habrá sido!

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Comienzo malhadado de Franco: Olimpia los madrugó. 1-0, gol en el primer minuto del primer tiempo.

25. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Olimpia 2x0. Was foul in Herrera