Wales (R)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  2. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Croatia tomorrow and there are a lot of injuries.
    Symons, Page, Young, Jenkins, Roberts, Speed, Savage, Jones, Giggs, Koumas, Blake, Bellamy, Roberts. And Robinson has just retired. Iam not to sure about Coleman and Carl Robinson. I know it dosent look a lot compared to the depth and quality of squads like Brazil or France. You must remember we hardly have 50 proffesional footballers to chose from and when you have double figures injured you really are down to the bare bones. I can not see us getting a posotive result from this match after all the recent good work with promosing results in the last 4 internationals

3. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  4. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    After wins against Germany, Belarus and Finland. As well as draws against Czech Republic, Argentina and Croatia, Wales have climbed a massvie 13 PLACES.
    They now find themselves within rech of the mighty Burkina Faso. Wales are now only 16 places behind the soccer kings Zimbabwe. The likes of Giggs, Bellamy and Hartson may once have dreamed of being one place above Kuwait, today their dreams became reality!

5. Chester FC

Chester FC New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Does anyone know if the Wales-Italy game is on pay-per-view etc. tomorrow?

It should be a great atmosphere.

6. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Its on BBC 2 Wales.

7. Chester FC

Chester FC New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks Blue Army. I should have been more specific, I live in San Francisco, California.

Are you going to the match? I'd love to hear your report.

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wales win against Italy 2-1, wow!

9. Chester FC

Chester FC New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Awesome win. I did not see the game, so I'd love to hear a report from someone.

10. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    i watched it. Wales dominated. Nesta and Cannavaro are going to be having nightmares of Bellamy for awhile. If it wasnt for yet another accidental free kick that rebounded off of the wall Italy would have been shut out.

And giggs didnt do too much in this match, considering the domination. I'd be very surprised if the Welsh fail to qualify

11. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    congrats to Wales. a big scalp indeed.

12. Chester FC

Chester FC New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks Tree. Did Italy play with the uninspired midfield we saw in the World Cup? Did Wales win the midfield battle?

How did Davies look?

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Wales! This result should not be surprising to the informed. Wales have had a string of very strong performances prior to this match, and Italy has lately been less than impressive.

14. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
  15. Don Homer

Don Homer New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Llon-gyfarchiadau!

To score once was something. To do it twice and win... Just keep it up!

Our home crowd has forgotten what it is to create an atmosphere. Its worth at least a goal every game when you have it.

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Well put it this way...Di Biagio was taken out and replaced by Gattuso...20 minutes later, Trap took HIM out and replaced him with Massimo Marazzina...Whether it would have mattered with Totti, Inzaghi and company..who knows...the got run out of the park.

Davies looked great. I have to admit I've never seen Wales before, and he was quicker than nesta and cannavaro to almost every ball that was played into space by Bellamy or Giggs.

There were two other that impressed me as well, and forgive me for not knowing their names. The first one was this long haired blond kid that looked like a young James Hetfield from Metallica...The kid wasn't very graceful, nor very technical, but he was just a real pain in the ass for Del Piero and Pirlo. He wouldn't leave them alone, and played with a lot of intensity and tenacity. Reminded me a lot of US player Frankie Hedjuk, if you are familiar with him.

The other was this HUGE ugly fellow who I am assuming was the target forward. This guy, for his size, has EXCELLENT skills with the ball. His pass for the winning goal was incredible...trapped the ball...and in one move, dribbled once and fed Bellamy by splitting both Nesta AND Cannavaro from about 30 meters...aside from that, there were several other good little touches and layoff passes that you wouldnt expect from such a big guy.

17. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Could that be Robbie Savage???
    John Hartson is definately the fat ugly bloke :)
    Plays for the Glorious Glasgow Celtic

18. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    not sure...wore #7...thin as a twig...probably 60kg with a wet jacket on...i had the volume muted on the TV cuz I cant stand listening to the ITalian announcers...biggest homers ever...yes, worse than Jack and Ty

19. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    A night of firsts...

1) Robbie Savage's attitude being referred to in positive terms.
    2) John Hartson being faster than any Italian.

20. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    The boys played fantastically. Yes those 2 players were Savage and Hartson. I thought savage was imense yesterday, he must have ran about 20 miles throughout that game he covered every single blade of grass, my motm. Hartson always seems to play well for Wales, I cant believe he cant get in the Celtic team!
    Wales were the better team, although we cant get to optomistic weve still got to go to Azbeijan, Yugoslavia and Italy and Finland and Yugo aint gonna be rolled over at home. The atmosphere was really good and some of that has to go down to the MSP who played 20 mins before the start, really go th place kicking.
    i think the character of the Wales team was summed up by Danny Gabbidon. Who plays in the 2nd Division and cost 500,000 after being rejected by WBA and he kept Montella quiet all game. Someone who scored twice against England last time they played.
    As much as I would like to write out detailed match reports, I will let IC Wales and bbc do it for me.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/page.cfm?objectid=12288171&method=full&siteid=50082

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/wales/2330095.stm

More detailed match reports.

21. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    He's never going to replace Larsson and Sutton is just a better player for Celtic.
    Id say even wee Shaun Maloney is snapping at Hartson's heels for a place on the bench.
    Should lose a wee bit of the excess weight.

22. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    The fat jack is better than Sutton. Play them in the same amount of games and Hartson would score more and set up more as well I bet. He proved he can do it against the best im sure he would ahve no trouble against most SPl defences.