Waiver Draft

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Jun 28, 2005.

1. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do.

We're hanging in there now. Nash will only get better. Cerritos and Moreno are doing alright. We'll have Mullan back soon. That should give our offense a boost. And we should get Ching back in August. There are ten regular season matches between August 20th and the end of the season in mid-October. (There are only eight matches between now and August 20th.) Ching may only be out five games, if that.

Once we hit the playoffs, in October, we'll have Ching and the whole gang, we hope. So we should be good to go by then. It's ok to slip into the playoffs in second or third place in our division.

I'd like to see us sign another striker. Either someone with some serious size or a lot of speed. But there's no one like that on the waiver wire. That might change, but right now, I'm ok with our roster.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

2. hannah8

hannah8 Member

Aug 19, 2002

'Ryan Suarez/Full 90 Paper Hat Day' at Spartan would be worth the risk...

[​IMG]

Hannah :p

3. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA

Good points - I'm probably overreacting, just really bummed about what Dom said about Ching's injury....and really worried that it will keep recurring this year, that only several months off will really heal it.

4. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ERob screwed up his hammy in pre-season last year and barely played all year. It took until this year until he was really back and in form.

I agree that our forward line-up without Ching is probably not enough to get the job done. But the team would still be fun to watch. The Sounders will be done by Septemberish won't they? So we'll get Levesque back for depth in the last weeks of the regular season.

5. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id pass on all these guys.

6. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sort of at a loss as to why we don't just get Levesque back. Does Dom not really actually rate him so he sends him there hoping he'll grow up. By need now with injury, it would otherwise seem logical just to get him back.

On that list, I personally think Gilberto and Suarez ought to be playing in MLS, but I don't really see them as fulfulling a need of ours particularly.

7. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. Cassio's available? He could be a solid pickup for someone out there.

Bahahahaha.

8. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    will the Quakes waive anyone? hmmmm.....

9. Goquakesgo

Goquakesgo New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    San Jose
    if any other teams where to release anyother players, who do you guys suspect would be out that'd be a good pick-up for us?

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, if fc dallas releases eddie johnson we should grab him.
    perhaps la will release dunivant?
    I heard twellman is THIS close to being released with the Revs. Perhaps we'll be able to pick him.
    Are Beckham's rights available in this draft? If so, we should draft him so we can shove it up Alexi's ass later.

11. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    C'mon Ringo, Johnson is highly overrated. Twellman is injury prone, Dunivant is contaminated by LA and Beckham is not a team player. We clearly wouldn't want any of them. ;)

12. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Good question. I wouldn't expect him back in the short term, since after this week we have 4 road games, and it's hard to believe Roger (even if recalled) would make the travelling squad. But will be interesting to see what happens in August when we're back home for more games and you'd think he might want a 4th forward around for depth.

In the Kinnear conversation a couple of weeks ago, it sounded like Dom really felt Roger was not ready to play at this level, and just sitting on the bench wasn't going to help him, so he didn't want to recall him just to be a backup.

13. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    I hear Real are shopping Ronaldo and Michael Owen around to reduce their wages and we need a forward - kill 2 birds with one stone ;)

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked Dom that question two weeks ago, and he said that he thought it best to keep Roger in Seattle. As to how he sees him fitting, or not fitting, into the Quakes system, he didn't say.

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'd take a shot on Cassio. Brillant is Canadian. Brilliant! Three Canadian SIs!

16. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    The trade is almost done, we get Owen, Ronaldo and $20M for a new stadium for Aloisi :)

17. hannah8

hannah8 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah he seemed so interesting in the Quakes Insider Cribs episode. :rolleyes:

Hannah

18. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we got a draft pick that allowed DC to take Wilson, is that right? Anyone kept track of how many picks we have collected for 2006?

19. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Maybe they could run that spot in French Canada?...they might pronounce "brilliant" "bree-YAHNT" there? :D