Waiver draft 11/16/05

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Nov 15, 2005.

1. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    okay, I can't stand to look at these boards and see the same two threads, so here goes something about the players...

tomorrow, 11/1, is the first waiver draft of the offseason...

wonder who we will see appear on this list...I am sure there are players that did not fit into DK's system or plans for the future, some that might be long in the tooth and not ready for prime time, and others that are simply done with the team...

any thoughts on who might be let go?

2. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just speculating on this makes me feel like a violin player on the Titanic...

Long in the tooth:
    Chung
    Onstadt
    Cerritos

Done:
    Russell
    Conway

Does not Fit:
    Dumbrowski
    Nash
    Levesque (I wanted this guy to get more chances too)

3. Jay Hipps

Jay Hipps Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Quakes just sent out a release -- Levesque and Orlando Ramirez were released.

Anything else happen today? ;)

4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Unless things change markedly in the next couple of days, I fear that the following Quakes players will be on waivers:

Chris Aloisi
    Wade Barrett
    Danny Califf
    Ronald Cerritos
    Brian Ching
    Mark Chung
    Ricardo Clark
    Ryan Cochrane
    Jon Conway
    Brad Davis
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Tighe Dombrowski
    Robby Fulton
    Kevin Goldthwaite
    Kelly Gray
    Aaron Lanes
    Roger Levesque
    Alejandro Moreno
    Brian Mullan
    Julian Nash
    Danny O'Rourke
    Pat Onstad
    Orlando Ramirez
    Eddie Robinson
    Brett Rodriguez
    Ian Russell
    James Twellman
    Craig Waibel
    Chris Wondolowski

5. angra

angra New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    myfootongarbers'ass

With all thats going on, I needed a laugh. Thanks.

6. Christina_MacDermott

Nov 14, 2005
    San Jose
    aww to bad for levesque he was a cuttie but interms of soccer, he never got his fair shot

Chris Aloisi: i'd like to see him stay, but he'll probably be traded or cut, he's got potential though
    Wade Barrett: Aint goin no where, was a rock at left back, but didnt play as well as in 2001 or 2002, isnt going anywhere
    Danny Califf: The Man! Nuff Said, isnt going anywhere
    Ronald Cerritos: Played pretty well this year, probably wont go anywhere
    Brian Ching: despite injury, still played some good soccer, he isnt going anywhere
    Mark Chung: Probably the best mid-season signing
    Ricardo Clark: Was A ROCK! at DMid after a slow start, really picked up the pace quater of the way through! isnt going anywhere
    Ryan Cochrane: cant say much here, didnt play much, hit with a few injuries, possible trade
    Jon Conway: who cares
    Brad Davis: excellent start, slowed down a bit towards the end with injuries, isnt going anywhere
    Dwayne De Rosario: after a very slow start and rumors of him leaving, he proved all doubters wrong and took over the center mid spot & never let it up. he shoulda won mvp, is by far one of the best int he league, he's the true #10 on the team despite wearing #14, wont go anywhere.
    Tighe Dombrowski: will be waived
    Robby Fulton: The Future
    Kevin Goldthwaite: Another Bright Star, didnt play a regular season game till the last few, he has a real bright future, has good size, speed, and is a good crosser. isnt going anywhere
    Kelly Gray: IMO he sucks, Waibel is much better, I hope he gets traded
    Aaron Lanes: cant say anything
    Roger Levesque: waived already
    Alejandro Moreno: Very good, played his best soccer ever, should be a starter next year
    Brian Mullan: slow start, picked it up mid way through, wont be going anywhere
    Julian Nash: future of the quakes ;). great size and speed. and semi good ball control.
    Danny O'Rourke: not to sure here, probably willr emain on the squad, but cant say really. imo
    Pat Onstad: not sure if he'll be retiring or what
    Orlando Ramirez: waived already
    Eddie Robinson: The Warrior of the back line, played his best soccer EVER!, imo he shoulda been best 11 and D.O.F. but, i think that red card towards the end knocked him outta that. wont go anywhere stayin with the squad.
    Brett Rodriguez: cant say anything
    Ian Russell: i love ian, hasnt played well for awhile now, might be traded
    James Twellman: cant say anything
    Craig Waibel: Played his best soccer until he got hurt! :(, will return next year and probably start at left back again, it jsut wasnt the same with out Craigy back there :). i love you craig.
    Chris Wondolowski: cant say anything really

7. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's a laugh?

8. SloFoot

SloFoot Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Slo, CA
    Yeah there is a point where we do all we can and then there is nothing else we can do. Taking everything too seriously wont help anything. The last thing we need is our own people fighting. Chill everyone, have faith in the quake. Props bsman, must spread more street cred around before I throw it your way again.

As far as waivers: Not a big Kelly Gray fan, wouldnt be sad if he hit the road. Onstad, is anyone else confused with this guy. So solid all season, last couple games questionable. Need a new keep before we let the GK of the year go, but time for retirement?
    Wave over my dead body: D-ro, Califf, Chung, Cerritos, Rico, E Robinson, Ching? eh yeah him too, shaky when in counted, can anyone say USMNT?... The rest of them, do your best to keep.