Waiting for the game to begin (TV)...

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by The Vorpal Blade, Sep 7, 2003.

1. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    Stupid baseball. One "out" in the last 25 minutes.
    In the 70s' and 80's, baseball was my game, I mean I was a FANATIC. But things have changed, I mean GAWD it takes forever to get a game over nowadays.
    On the other hand, futbol is 90 plus a little bit, one can set one's vcr appropriately.
    One of the MANY reasons why futbol is my only game today...

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I love seeing the people in the stands asleep. I can't believe it stayed 1 out for 30 minutes, gimme a break, how do people watch this garbage?

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was really hoping that the players would have striked last yr, it would of been the end of baseball from what i have heard.
    i do not like baseball at all, but i have heard for ppl who are fans of the game the minor leagues can be entertaining cuz they dont bs around and they ge tthe games over with. still sucks either way tho.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Public service announcement:

One of your friendly local moderators is an Astros fan and was therefore watching, and relishing, the smackdown that the 'Stros giving the Padres.

So mind your friggin' manners.

5. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    Well, if you're gonna put it THAT way...
    I guess if you have an interest in one of the teams, especially the one that's winning, then it could conceivably be interesting. But all that stepping out between pitches really slows the game down. I guess the reason I used to like baseball so much was there was plenty of time to go to the fridge for another beer, and not worry about missing anything.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, on that point, I do agree with you. And the funny thing is that the Astros' other recent games have been under three hours here recently. Just not Saturday night.

The highlight for me on Saturday night wasn't anything to do with the Burn game, but seeing San Diego manager Bruce Bochy's face when he came to the mound after his relief pitcher had walked in a run and served up a double that scored another three runs. And those were the only two batters he faced. Bochy looked like he was gonna rip the guy's head off.