Vlatko Andonovski steps down from Comets

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    SteveCo repped this.
  2. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    This was announced this morning. Coincidence?...

SteveCo repped this.
  3. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    He's continuing coaching FC Kansas City so I seriously doubt that's the case.

4. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

KC and CR are 4 1/2 hours away, and I believe Jeff Kraft lived in a suite of the Hitlon DoubelTree that's connected to the arena during the season. Not sure how much of a barrier it is any more than coaching the Comets.

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe this is because they want to push sales for the USA game , Rumor has it that Jeff Kraft was interested in bringing back a team to Chicago in the future .

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Lewis the Tweet (to announce new coach for 2016-17 @MASLarena indoor season.) seemed pretty unambiguous.

7. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Same ownership for both Comets and FC Kansas City. Ditching Comets to coach somewhere else would be a little awkward.

cardshopmd and firesting81 repped this.
  8. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Ah. Hence the same coach and sponsor. Interesting. Learned something new today.

9. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Syd, When was the last time Indoor soccer had this many coaching changes Harrisburg, Missouri, Cedar Rapids , I believe they are the only ones who made a coaching change so far

10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't understand anything you just said.

11. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When was the last time Indoor soccer had this many coaching changes in a season

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think you're just used to following 7 team leagues. Three coaching changes would be a lot in MISL2-3.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ( a ) We're not in a season.
    ( b ) Usually there are coaching changes lately because teams come and go so frequently
    ( c ) Well, since you asked.....

If "Harrisburg, Missouri, Cedar Rapids" are the only ones so far, that's three.

There were three coaching changes during the 2014-2015 season: Kim Roentved replacing Jeff Kraft (with interim Darin Smith in-between) in Wichita, Alex Miranda replacing David Yates in Tulsa and Mariano Bollella replacing Chris Cogan with Oxford City.

Last season, Gino DiFlorio replaced Tarik Walker in Harrisburg and Tony Glavin replaced Daryl Doran in St. Louis, after Simon Bozas had replaced Tatu in Dallas just prior to the season.

So, you know, each of the last two seasons.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun fact: the only in-season coaching change in MISL 3 between 2008 and 2014 was when Novi Marojevic took over the Chicago Soul after nine games of the 2012-2013 season.

Of the sixteen teams that played in MISL3, 12 never made a coaching change. (Some weren't around long enough to do so.) Of course, Rochester changed their coach every year.

Monterrey replaced Erich Geyer with Mariano Bollella after the 2008-2009 season.
    Rochester replaced Billy Andracki with Jim Hesch after the 2011-2012 season.
    Missouri replaced Roentved with Andonovski after the 2012-2013 season.
    Rochester replaced Jim Hesch with Josh Rife after the 2012-2013 season.

After the schism...
    Rochester replaced Josh Rife with Doug Miller after the 2013-2014 season.
    Milwaukee replaced Keith Tozer with Giuliano Olivero after the 2013-2014 season.

Scooge and SteveCo repped this.