Visiting Old Trafford?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by ifsteve, Nov 14, 2021.

1. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I are planning a vacation to Scotland in the spring of 2023. Ultimately we will be flying up to Iceland to do some fishing (my part of the vacation) but touring Scotland and Shetland beforehand. Flying from the States it looks like Heathrow works best for us based on price and time. Since we plan to rent a car anyway doesn't much matter where we fly to.

So this got me thinking. If we fly to London and drive to Scotland we go right by Manchester. Long story but I have been a fan of United since my college soccer playing days going on 50 years ago. So am thinking we might want to stop by on our way North. In looking at the website I see that you can take a tour of Old Trafford, Other than the obvious history is it a stop worth making?

Secondly, how hard is it to come by tickets? Our schedule is pretty flexible and its likely we will be going in late Arpil or May so the EPL will still be in play. If it worked out that Man U had a home match well that would be pretty incredible if tickets could be had.

Cheers,

Steve

2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    All the best, 2 yrs 2 long..

3. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are saying 2 years is too long to wait don't disagree. But it takes that long to get an open spot for the fishing I am doing in Iceland.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  4. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Last time I did it was in 2016. Previously I had gotten tickets via One United USA supporters club but in 2016 I got the tickets directly from the club by becoming a member and applying. I took a gamble on a League Cup game as it was easier to get those tickets and ended up with 5th row tickets in the Alex Fergusen stand for the second leg against Liverpool, it was 1-1 on the night but lost the tie overall:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've done the tour, it's well worth doing. Also went to Liverpool and did a Beatles taxi tour as my son is a big fan. Allow yourself to be somewhat flexible with dates because match days could change due to TV or Cup competitions especially that time of the season.

ifsteve repped this.