PBP: Viola Winter 2013 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Jan 3, 2013.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Looking like it will be Joey Reds...

2. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not complete yet but if it's true, Prade surprises us yet again.

Mixed feelings about this one though:

-He probably won't play this season, and if he will at the end, he will be effectively worthless.
    -Could be a shell of himself.
    -On the other hand, if he's still the Joey Reds he was before the injury....
    -Soon they will have to call us the Purple Submarine. Too bad we can't get a young Marcos Senna.

NickyViola repped this.
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    haha

But 16M is *WAY* too much for a guy with his knee who does not seem likely to be a factor this season.

We could be getting an Argentine named Larrondo from Siena (for this season) with Oliveira going the other way. Knew Ollie's days were numbered when he wasn't in that Spanish/South American contingent photo, honestly.

4. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well the report is the price is 10M with 6M in variables. 10M is still a lot to gamble, but if Rossi can have the same sort of Florentine Renaissance that Gonzalo Rodriguez has, well, we can expect the goals to come.

Regarding Larrondo, well I wouldn't expect much from Olivera, and well 8 goals in 56 games for Siena for a forward isn't very flattering, but unlike Ruben, he actually has upside as he's only 24 and is quite skilled. Plus the more Argentines the better, especially now that we have another token Uruguayan.

There's also reports we are after another midfielder, Polish Rafa Wolski. Like Vecino, another low risk, high reward kind of move.

5. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    Wow, it sounds like a done deal?

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Fiorentina.it is confident on Rossi, Larrondo AND Wolski.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great signing. Happy to see him back in Italy. He will be back to full form IMO. Good on Viola to have made this deal happen.

NickyViola repped this.
  9. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mixed feelings here. Huge risk for a club of our financial level, and he's almost certainly Jovetic's replacement, but as they say, class is permanent, and pre-injury Rossi was as good as Jovetic.

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    And Jovetic isn't exactly an ironman. We need Jovetic to not get injured again this season so that we can get good value for him in the summer.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Joe makes a comeback!

Kqql and william6 and 3 quaters repped this.
  12. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    viola flexing their muscles

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  14. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rossi is cursed, send him back.

NickyViola repped this.
  15. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Rossi is the same player every week. He was as good against Barca and Madrid as he was against the rest of La Liga.

Kqql repped this.
  16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rossi injured got Villarreal relegated, his injuries curse the team, made Pescara the conquerors of Firenze!

17. ayanb11

ayanb11 New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Are you getting Larrondo on loan or on a permanent basis? Loan would be better of course. In June, if you can sign a good CF and a good DM, the team would be complete. I felt, in a few games, the team missed a decent DM or a box-to-box. And Montella needs to stay of course.

Another weakness may be Savic? He was pretty bad against Roma at least. But I think the replacement is already there in Tomovic. To me, he seems to be better than Savic.

NickyViola repped this.
  18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Larrondo will be a co-ownership deal but is meant as a long term player.

It's hard to tell who Montella favors between Savic and Tomovic. I think it's Savic, though. Too bad that Camporese and Hegazy have been too injured to challenge those guys.

19. ayanb11

ayanb11 New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Do you think Larrondo will start, or will he be Toni's sub?

I don't know Hegazy, but last season, Camporese did show potential. :thumbsup:

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Camporese was looking to be a surefire success until he hurt himself early (before camp) in the summer of 2011. We got Nastasic and Camp never factored again.

I don't know a lot about Larrondo, honestly. LaFuriaNolan (who is sorta an encyclopedia of all thing South American football) commented on him a few posts above this one.

21. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Larrondo is interesting. I don't see it as more than a low risk, high reward move that will probably have little to no impact on the team, but from what it sounds like it's not like we are betting big money on him the way we are Rossi. He's a project, but the talent is there.

I can't recall ever paying enough attention to Larrondo to have a strong opinion of him, as a River product and an Argentine I obviously have a slight bias in hoping he does well, but he never played on the River first team, he was coming off an impressive youth tournament when Siena decided to buy him and well, as I said before his goal numbers aren't very impressibe but he's shown talent and Siena's coaching staff has praised him.

The sources who spoke to the various Fiorentina tabloids seem to usually describe him as a talented disappointment who doesn't get involved the way he should, but he's strong, tall and skilled, so I guess our scouts picture him as someone who could back up Toni and maybe learn from him.

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    We've gotten Larrondo. Wolski will be official today. Same with Vecino though he probably will not be eligible to play until summer.

Compper looks like he will be arriving in a day, or two.

I do like that Prade is bringing in some younger guys as I wasn't sure whether, or not, he would.

23. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With Vecino, Wolski and Rossi, looks like we are already focused on next year.

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Is a youth movement in full swing these days?

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Supposedly we're getting 2-3 established, big names in the summer. Besides Rossi this winter market does seem to be about young depth.