Viola Summer 2019 Transfers & Rumors

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Good man

NickyViola repped this.
  2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    They're saying that Lazio has beaten us to Lazzari.

3. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    Which central midfielders have Fiorentina been linked to so far? Bennacer, Valero & Mandragora? I wonder if they're looking at La Liga, like Pradè/Montella did the first time around.

Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ended up signing someone like Manu Trigueros from...that's right, Villarreal. They seem to be on a nostalgia trip anyways (Montella, Pradè, Valero, Viviano, etc.), lol.
    He's in prime age but has had an injury-stricken season. Not too sought after by the biggest clubs, but has been overall quality for years. Could suit Fiorentina's playing style for next season.

Up front, I think that Real Sociedad player Willian José (not linked either, just throwing out some names from my wishlist) would be a more interesting forward choice than Roberto Inglese. Has scored a total of 45 goals in 106 appearances, and doesn't get that much hype so it might be easier to sign him with fewer competiting clubs. Sociedad have signed young Swedish striker Alexander Isak, so...

NickyViola repped this.
  4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    For the midfield I've seen DDR and Badelj (on loan) mentioned. I've also seen Del Prato. Supposedly the guy we most want, though, is Sandro Tonali from Brescia.

Hustle and Flow and Xylophone repped this.
  5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Hustle and Flow repped this.
  6. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    Seeing De Rossi in another Serie A club would be so strange, I assumed he was off to Boca Juniors or something. If Fiorentina signs him, it would be very reminiscent of when they got Ambrosini. Depending on salary and fitness, it could be a good signing, one that injects the right kind of mentality into the squad.

Badelj feels like another rehash of our former players coming back. Not sure I'd want him back after he left for free only a year ago, even as a loan. Don't know much about Del Prato, he's quite young and inexperienced at this point. I would prefer to give Żurkowski & Montiel a chance as far as youth goes. Tonali would be fantastic but realistically, he'll either stay in Brescia or go to one of the top clubs in Europe.

NickyViola and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  7. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    If DDR plays in Serie A next season, I hope it's with you guys. I'll be watching every game I can.

Funny enough, I had dreams of Roma signing Tonali and having DDR mentor him. Tonali is so damn good for his age, it'd be a great signing for lot. Dunno how realistic it is, however.

Xylophone and NickyViola repped this.
  8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    We're interested in Diego Farias, attacker, Cagliari.

Montella Is still fond of Biglia and we're going to try to get him on a two year deal

9. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Biglia actually had a really solid season, but I dunno why you guys are going after such old midfielders. At least De Rossi's free.

NickyViola repped this.
  10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yeah. Not thrilled with any of Biglia, Borja, Badelj, De Rossi, Donadel, Di Livio...

11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Go after Santiago Ascacíbar if you want a DM. His team got relegated from Bundesliga, can't imagine he'd cost that much.

Watch a youtube video and tell me Florence wouldn't love that kid.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Looks great on video. Haven't heard of him before now.

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    My favorite players have always been defensive midfielders.

Catchers in baseball.

14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, we both know youtube videos aren't worth much. You could make Simeone look like Batistuta with the right editing, but sometimes you can get a vibe of who a guy is.

That kid is a warrior, and is probably my favorite young DM in the world.

Haha same, dude. It's what I played most of my life, De Rossi's my fav player, and it's the position I think I can judge the best.

Ascacíbar's the truth. Some dudes just get forced to play there (Nzonzi) and happen to be good at it, others live it. That kid was born to be a DM.

NickyViola repped this.
  15. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    Ascacíbar would be great. He is Stuttgart's record transfer at around €8M, so I imagine that he'd cost twice as much now. They'll get in a lot of money already from Pavard & Kabak, so maybe they won't be desperate from a financial point-of-view.

In addition to the German club being relegated, Ascacibar's market value might have plummeted a bit because of the spitting incident in April and the 6-week suspension that followed. This is probably the main reason why Scaloni didn't include him in the Copa América squad.

NickyViola repped this.
  16. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    #41 Xylophone, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Any Serie B followers here? The off-field chaos surrounding Palermo (failed to register for Serie B, risk bankruptcy) makes me wonder if we can get their best players as cheap squad options. The question is if any of them are good enough for our level.

Performance-wise, they would have had a chance to go up to Serie A via play-off had it not been for the points reduction. Of course, we shouldn't bother if they don't have any stand-out performers. Their captain, North Macedonian striker Ilija Nestorovski, has rejected Fiorentina in the past.

NickyViola repped this.
  17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    When I was younger I had a favorite team in several different leagues and watched a lot of Serie A and Serie B. The last 7-8 years, though, 90% of what I watch is Fiorentina.

18. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol, if they're dumb enough to actually lower his value because of that, then all the better for whoever buys him.

Wasn't a great look, but players have done far worse. He's not a bad kid at all. Just fcuked up like we all do.

Really, the biggest factor is Stuttgart's relegation. Nothing else will affect his market value and willingness to leave more than that.

NickyViola repped this.
  19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  20. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Looks like you were right in preferring Dragowski.

I dunno, I find it weird that you let a 19-year-old start 35+ games, and then give up on him, because Dragowski had an impressive loan spell with a minnow.

I'm a big believer in Lafont; hopefully, you just loan him out, because he's gonna be worth a lot of money a few years, imo. It'd be a shame to waste an asset like that.

NickyViola repped this.
  21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yeah, too young to give up on him completely. He seems to be an exceptional shot stopper but makes some silly mistakes. Though there's no better excuse for silliness than youth.

Remember, though, that they're saying we're only keeping 6-7 of 40+ players...

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    For Lafont it looks like a two year loan to Nantes with a right to buy him outright.

23. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I like the 2 year loan, not so much the option to buy.

NickyViola repped this.
  24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    A great deal.

For Nantes.

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    We've supposedly offered DDR a deal that includes a year's contract as a player and a role as either an assistant to Montella or a youth coaching gig after that year.