Vintage US National Team Gear

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by eneste, Jul 26, 2002.

1. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm looking for a little help. I recently bought an older US national team warm up jacket off of eBay and I'm wondering if someone here could date it for me. I know it's pre-1994 and I imagine it's from the 80's. It's a men's large made by MacGregor.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time posting pictures. Here is a link where you can go to and see them (they are small so it won't eat up your bandwidth).

http://photos.yahoo.com/lootlist

I've posted a photo of the jacket, a close-up of the US logo, and a close-up of a number 5 that has been written over a pocket on the inside of the jacket. Did MacGregor used to make these with the US logo and sell them? Any information or pictures that you can give me I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if McGregor ever supplied the national team. Adidas was a supplier for a long long time. It's possible that someone just put a patch on an old ratty warm up. You can still get that patch via US Soccer's referee department. I had to get one for a blazer this year.

3. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hmmm.... if that is the case that's a bummer. Do you know anywhere I could email to find out if MacGregor was ever the supplier?

4. Johnny Wright

Johnny Wright New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Thats gotta be from around the Italia '90 era. The patch is what we used until around 1992.

John

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    adidas

...except adidas was certainly the supplier. The warm up had the stripes at the shoulder - two styles, one with three stripes running towards the breastbone from one of the shoulers (can't remember which), and one with some stripe pattern (vague in my mind now) on both shoulders.

6. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    It still looks pretty cool.