Villarreal - Deportivo la Coruña 20 Nov [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Nov 18, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    As requested a thread dedicated to each individual Depor match.

Right now Villarreal is in 12th place with 14 points and we are in 9th place with 16 points, so not a lot between us. I'm hoping for a 1-2 result in favor of us. Post any thoughts or comments on the match. But the ending match stats go in the results.

2. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This can be a tough opponent but I think we can do it. Villareal is coming off a 3-0 win over Osasuna and a 2-1 defeat at Bilbao. It will be a very narrow game with a single goal making the difference between the two sides. I'm really hoping for a 0-1 win. Reina is a great keeper and their defense isn't bad. Given our goal scoring form this year, I don't expect us to put 2 goals past them...

3. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool del Deportivo de la Corunaaaaaaaaaa!!!! 0-1!!!! Come on boys!!!

4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another goooooooool!!! Don't know who scored at this point, but this is promising!

5. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    We Won!!!!!

I was watching gol tv and they said a gol from Tristan and Luque. Did anybody see the game? Can you tell me who the best players were for Depor?

Were moving up in the standings!!!

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A nice win today. Sorry didn't see the match so I can't really comment.

7. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didnt see the game either. Glad to see Tristan and Luque scoring though! A morale boosting win. We needed it.

8. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    Deportivo la Coruña notched their second win in a row with a 2-0 victory away at Villarreal to inflict a first home defeat of the season on Manuel Pellegrini's side, who were reduced to 10 men in the last 20 minutes after the sending off of defender Rodolfo Arruabarrena. This is the third win of Irureta’s men outside Riazor in the Liga, only in Nou Camp they have been beaten.
    Irureta had to do without Pandiani, Duscher and Sergio, so he decided to play with Scaloni as defensive midfielder while Fran accompanied him and Valerón on midfield. Striker Tristán would get extra attacking power from the wings with Munitis and Luque.

These tactics appeared to be successful as Deportivo played probably their best match of the season. The first period Villarreal wanted to dominate the game and moved the ball rapidly. Depor replied with counter attacks but the team was still imprecise. Fran had the best chance for the visitors, while Riquelme was close for the home team.

After a half hour the game revolutionised. Depor first failed to open the score, while Diego Forlán saw his goal cancelled short after it. Then Valerón, who had a very good game, stole the ball from his opponent and his through-ball found Tristán. The striker broke the deadlock when he slotted home on the turn on 32 minutes. Depor finished the first half with a 0-1 lead.

The second half Deportivo showed good play with some clear opportunities. Tristán should have scored the second when he was one-on-one with Villarreal goalkeeper Reina, but he failed. In the 60th minute Valerón provided the assist for the second. His pass found Luque, who had a classy finish as he chipped the ball over the goalkeeper.

[​IMG]

From Unofficial Depor WebSite

9. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Luque's goal was superbly taken. Great technique. It's great to see Valeron and Tristan back together again. They make an iressistible pairing. Let's hope for a return to the national fold for Valeron.

10. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah and now Tristan is out injured... :(

11. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Way to go J. C. Valeron!!!

12. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    crvena_zvezda, please don't use the whole article from the Unoffical Depor website, one of their site memebers posts here occasionaly, and I want to stay on good terms with them. Just use what ever part interests you.

13. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    are u even looked at original article ? :rolleyes: i didnt post whole of article ,just the part that described how depor played

14. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sorry you're right you only posted 65% of the article.