VILLAREAL vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Day 3 | 01.09.2019 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Aensensen, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You rather you notice him for 99% of the time but he scores no goal?

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do those have to be the only 2 options?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He also set up Benzema's goal that was offside by half a footstep.

I'd rather have players doing constructive work than running around doing a lot of nothing. Compare his contribution to Lucas and tell me what you prefer.

Saeta Rubia, Baltor and Raul_Madrid repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wished him out the club and the team. Benched him during almost the entire preseason, saying its because he's discussing a transfer, meanwhile Lucas was starting during pre season for god knows what reason over Vinicius.

Next week Zidane will score a goal for the opponent and people will turn around saying "he did it to show the defense what they can improve".

Bear Crotch repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #705 4x4s, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    You'd like him out even if he scores 30. Let's be honest about it. By now Bale is burned out at this club, but Zidane literally wished him gone and now he's forced to say stuff like "great player, we're happy to have him".

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's preseason damn near every player gets a start and Vinicius started more matches than Lucas.

Vinicius has no excuse. He has severely disappointed.

If I am being honest Rodrygo would have done more with these opportunities and specifically because his decision making is more mature

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lucas was third or fourth in minutes played during preseason.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Provide the source of this statistic

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Is being active through out the match - which a winger should be, or especially LM / RM in 4-4-2, and scoring goals out of the option for this magical Ballon d Or player?

To bad football does not have hockey type of subs, so we could put him in just in specific and highly narrow situations. Outside of that, he is just out-line huger.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I reckon ZZ had Asensio and even probably Brahim in his plans before Bale. Bale probably won't get playing time against Celta if others were fit. And ZZ doesn't seem convinced Vinicius is ready to start and player himself is overeager to prove himself to the coach and making so many rushed decisions.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He did that against Celta. He has justified his starting position so far. This team has no one playing at a consistently good level so far this season and Bale has at least contributed 2 goals and an assist.

12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn’t matter what i’d Like, and what do you expect a professional like ZZ to say about a player on his team, no one agrees with coaches throwing players under the bus, you think it should happen now?, why?, ZZ is the coach, he had the same idea a majority of people on this site had, the best thing would be if Gareth left, even you think so, no one wanted to buy him except some Chinese team, Flo wanted more money, everyone here wanted money for him and thought a decent amount could be raised from his sale in order to help facilitate getting new players in.

When that clearly wasn’t the case Flo (I guess) didn’t want to just give him away, I fail to see how ZZ is “humiliated” now just because Gareth has scored 3 goals, if he had his way Gareth would be gone, and I imagine neither him or most here would be bothered by that, he’s still here, he’s paid a lot, might as well work for it, simple, at least to me it is, 3 goals does not a season or humiliation make IMO, even now posters can see the goals but also see a lack of involvement in the play of the team as is his norm mostly, good luck to him for the season, ZZ may not be doing the best job but I doubt he is humiliated by this scenario, my take

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  13. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually thought we did well to fight back each time after going a goal down twice. That isn’t easy, especially away from home.

14. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I understand you dont like the guy but come on man :) and when did Bale won Ballondor?
    Overall, I just feel people LOVE to pick on him, no matter what he does (or doesnt) its always Bale fault, if he plays, its his fault, if he is on bench, its his fault... do you really think Bale is the reason we have dropped points this season?

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the narrative though. Cast away Bale saving Zidane despite being wished out of the club by him.

16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you can't seriously say that Zidane is not annoyed with
    1. Counting on the player he clearly wanted out, and fast, announcing his exit even before it happened. Bale.
    2. Counting (maybe) on the player he reject for 2 years and the club had to loan out and pay his salary. James.

17. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015

No, not at all.
    Zidane is a win by all means kind of guy. He'll happily embrace Bale if on form. It's clear he cares about the trophies more than anything.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is what they want.

It's far from reality though.

Strokedoc, Digital and SayWhatIWant repped this.