Views from da street (R) The "Serial Killer" El Hadji Diouf's edition. (Not a diver)

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by SJEarthquakes25, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Just a little rant about one of my favorite footballers who caught flak for his supposed dive during the F.A. Community Shield.

Let me get striaght to the point. Diouf has a history of diving, whether in the Le Championat with Lens last season or at the World Cup representing Senegal, he'll make a meal out of a foul. The tackle by Vieira was clearly a foul and the penalty should've been given. Diouf's history of diving played a huge role in that decision. It's a damn shame because he showed some skillz in getting to that point by nutmegging Ashley Cole. The Serial Killer must get his act together. He's gotta stay on his feet as much as he possibly can in the Premiership. I know one thing though, you haven't seen the best of El Hadji Diouf yet.

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I hope not, I like the way he played on Sunday. I look forward to seeing alot more of him.

3. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Not to start anything but I think he's hopelessly over hyped with no end product, his goals record backs that up. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If he had stayed on his feet a fraction longer, he would have got the penalty. When I first saw it, it looked like a penalty to me. However, when I looked at it on TV when I got home, he was on his way down before he had been touched. Plus the fact that he was never going to get to the ball before Seaman, it shows that he was looking for a spot-kick. I know this happens all the time in the game, but I'm constantly amazed by the number of times referees give penalties in that situation.