VIEWING PARTIES: Israel vs. Switzerland, FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 03.09.2005

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by Briman14, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Briman14

Briman14 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Well my default option, Nevada Smiths does not seem to be showing the match. Does anyone have any idea where the Israel-Switzerland match will be shown in NYC?

2. GoIsrael

GoIsrael New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    NYC
    Re: where to see Israel-Switzerland in NYC

I promise to get people there if you can find a place... I MUST see this match!!!

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where To Go...

For those not joining us in Basel for the match, I remember that there is a restaurant in New York, N.Y. called Adom. The owner is a Hapoel Tel-Aviv fan and I believe that they watch some matches there. You should look them up and ask if they will open for the match.

4. Briman14

Briman14 Member

Jun 10, 2004

Thanks for the tip, I will call up adom tommorow and see if they are doing anything for the match and of course post the results of my inquiry.
    Have fun in Basel!

5. GoIsrael

GoIsrael New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    NYC

Just checked the phone book--can't find a restaurant called Adom... Any idea on where its located or any other info about it?

6. Briman14

Briman14 Member

Jun 10, 2004

Just googled it, I can't find any such listing either, also i emailed Nevada Smith and they confirmed they were not showing the match. So if anyone has any other ideas, or connections to the Israeli embassy:) please post.

7. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What channels?

I have decided to turn this thread into a thread for people all over. Anyone who knows where they are showing this match should post for their area.

Israel:
    Channel 1 (Television)
    Reshet Bet (Radio)

Switzerland:
    SF2 (Television: German)
    TSR2 (Television: French)
    TSI2 (Television: Italian)

USA:
    The Israeli Network (Television: Dish Network)

Europe:
    The Israeli Network (Television)

Canada:
    The Israeli Network (Television)

8. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: What channels?

THe Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) authorities closed down all transmit systems coming from the United States, where the Israeli Network is operating...

90% of all Users who had the Israeli Networks in Canada are shunned out of it.....
    :( I had it.... i miss it like crazy..

in any case...

there is also www.watch-il.com and www.israel.tv which has live channels from Israel. watch-il is what im hoping to be using..

if not..there may be a pub in Toronto that shown it... Ireland-Israel game had pubs around Souther Ontario that showed it.... it was 20$ CDN (15 US) cover!

9. Briman14

Briman14 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    KYHS, do you have any information about how we might locate that Adom restaurant you mentioned? Thanks

10. LESTER

LESTER New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    NYC
    I'm really surprised (disappointed) that this is not one of the games Setanta is showing in pubs. It looks like our only hope is finding a place that has Israeli satellite. There's a grocery store in the E. Village called Holy Land that supposedly showed the Ireland game in a back room. I'll check it out tonight.
    Jeremy

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: VIEWING PARTIES: Israel vs. Switzerland, FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 03.09.2

Most Israelis have satelite.

Even in Canada, most Israeli resturant had satelite back as early as 1998/1999....... if i recall...

If these Resturants in Toronto and Montreal had them, im sure the ones in Manhattan has them too..

So many resturants are being advertised in the Israeli Network!

12. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pelephone

If you want to waste some good airtime, Pelephone will be broadcasting the match live on their mobile telephone service.

13. LESTER

LESTER New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    NYC
    I've confirmed that the match will be shown at Push Cafe on 3rd Ave. btw. 22 and 23rd streets in Manhattan.

14. GoIsrael

GoIsrael New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    NYC
    Are you in New York September 3?

Push Cafe
    294 3RD Ave
    New York, NY 10010-5527
    (212) 477-8100
    Map of Push Cafe

15. karpatylvov

karpatylvov New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Re: Are you in New York September 3?

Just called them, sad if Israel channel will show the game they will have it on TV. Do you know if Israel channel showing the game? Are you sure? Prove it. :D

16. karpatylvov

karpatylvov New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    What time the game?

17. Briman14

Briman14 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Called push, they are definitely showing it (may be a cover charge but I can't imagine it will be too bad.) anyway the match is at 1730 swiss time which I converted to 1130 EST. If anyone wants to check my conversion please do so. Anyway seems we have found a place. Great work and GO ISRAEL!

18. GoIsrael

GoIsrael New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    NYC
    Push must think 100,000 people are coming with all that we've called them today. I'm going to try to bring a minyan myself... But I'll settle for a 3-5.

19. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    EXCELLENT JOB GUYS!!!! Having to watch the Israel - Ireland match in an Irish pub was fun but being able to get a good atmosphere going for the biggest game of Qualifying is great!

20. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New York, N.Y. United States of America

I just remembered another place called Rectangles. It is an Israeli restaurant downtown. They might be showing the game there. Also, I think that the restaurant Adom closed down because I can't find it in any listings. Too bad. :(

21. jshnull

jshnull New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    NYC
    I'll be at push with a friend or two. The Israeli place in in the 70's is NOT showing it.

I really hope we win this game!!!!!!

22. jelpern

jelpern New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    I just called Push as well. It is a $10 cover, which I think is well worth it. They have to make some money too :)

Go kahol lavan!

23. Gaspumper

Gaspumper New Member

Nov 30, 2001
    New York, NY
    Re: VIEWING PARTIES: Israel vs. Switzerland, FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 03.09.2

great work. 11:30, is it?

24. sgilefsky

sgilefsky New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Any word on any Boston area viewing parties? We have some interested fans without a place to go.

25. MiamiFan

MiamiFan New Member

May 31, 2005
    Miami, FL
    I'm in Miami and I can't find anyone showing the game.....all the restaurants that have the Israel Channel on Dish Network are all kosher and closed on Shabbat......I don't know any Israeli's here that have the Dish Network.....HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked Pita Loca on South Beach to just keep their tv's on and i'll stand outside and watch from the street throught the glass window......but they wouldn't.........lol