Vieri Officially Out !

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by forza_azzurri, May 8, 2006.

1. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. divinocodino1018

Oct 18, 2005
    Boston
    Haha. Let's wait until May 15th. At that point, I'll open up a bottle of wine, eat a little antipasto and some pasta with meatballs, and CELEBRATE!!!!

3. BullseyeLogo

BullseyeLogo New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Now now... don't be too harsh on the guy.
    I too am somewhat relieved that he won't be included on Germany this year.

But in his day Vieri wasn't all that bad.I just hope Lippi picks someone who can deliver in his place.

www.bullseyelogo.com

4. Blue Wrecking Crew

Blue Wrecking Crew New Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Now when will Materazzi pick up a knock that keeps him off the roster.....oh yeah i forgot, he doesn't even play!!!!!

Vieri has been a bull for us in the past people. It's not his fault that Lippi may had bad judgment in the decision to include him. After all, a guy with heart wants to play even if he believes himself that other guys may be more deserving.

However, glad that decision has already been made for Lippi.

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Who cares. All this means now is that Iaquinta is pretty much guaranteed a spot on the final squad. :rolleyes:

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i never really had anything against Vieri ever really.. he is a player who gave it his all and even if he did not have the best chance to win balls against defenders he would always find an oppertunity from nothing.. for vieri not to score a goal against the euros would have to be pretty unfortunate considering he had numerous chances.. i remember watching the denmark game in a bakery during school and the danish goalie did like a hockey save sticking out his arm and swating it away. Vieri is a determined player but maybe he shouldnt of made it anyways as i think lucarelli gilardino toni del piero totti inzaghi should make the forward line ups. so i guess this should be a little relief to alot of azzurri supporters

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Vieri is a living legend who will always be remembered as one of the greatest natural strikers of all time. He was easily Italy's best striker since World Cup 98 and I personally will never lose respect for him and what he did for Italian soccer. It's just come to a point where he no longer in his prime and doesn't have the abilities to perform like he used to. It happens to every player at one point or another, and now its simply time to pass the torch to the next generation.

8. divinocodino1018

Oct 18, 2005
    Boston
    I would never bash on his old days, but there comes a time where every player needs to realize that his skills aren't what they were. In my opinion, he played himself off the team in Euro 2004. That should have been the last time the National Team called his name.

9. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Diana is also out now, too bad for Diana but hopefully this will open the door for Marchionni