Videogame Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by sportscrazed2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    We've been given an exemption so that we can now run telehealth on unencrypted software such as google chat, etc, so in theory I have everything I need to run telehealth from home (getting my hospital's remote access software to access my camera and mic seems like a no-go).

We still are supposed to come in because we have to account for all the (usually Trumpy) old guys who insist on walking through the door for their refills.

skinut and GHjelm repped this.
  2. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've seen let's plays of it. I'd love to play, I just never got a chance. My PS2 is pretty busted, so I'd need to fix that before actually playing it.

3. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I am the worst, I can destroy the computer on world class, but when I play a human online I am a joke.

4. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How many people on here have the ability to play FIFA20 online and have we considered setting up a tournament with each other?

Jiggly_333 and GHjelm repped this.
  6. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have it on PC. Not sure I want to get pissed off playing it again but I also really miss soccer.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  7. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I have it on PC and I will get murdered playing any of you, but I'm game.

Pennsylvania Dave and xtomx repped this.
  8. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I got Fifa20 on XBoxOne. Someone younger and hipper than me needs to tell me if you can play across platforms? @Jiggly_333

9. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While waiting for my Chinese emulation handheld to actually show up I think I'll test some ROMs. I feel old. Six gold coins on Gameboy IMG_20200405_101858.jpg

10. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold on lady I just met you
    IMG_20200405_103040.jpg

bunge repped this.
  11. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think FIFA is a cross-platform game. Sorry.

GHjelm repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I only have FIFA Mobile. The free one
    Sorry, I cannot lose to all of you.

GHjelm and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  13. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If it makes you feel better I lost to my son last night 6-0 then 4-0.
    I will figure out what my user name is (sounds dumb but my son set it up and I'm just a dumb old guy).

So when you log onto the FIFA20 there's a place under the main menu to invite other people to play. I can't say whether xbox to playstation is possible nor whether FIFA20 to FIFA19 is possible but I can do some research.

14. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I bought a rehabbed Playstation 1 for $25 after finding Final Fantasy Tactics and Civ2 while cleaning my remodeling my basement. It's a little weird to use a corded controller, but I like the games now even more than I did back then.

bunge repped this.
  15. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    That’s RAD.

16. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I had to dig out an old computer monitor to find something with those yellow, white, and red connectors. I almost flipped out a little when I realized that all the new HDTVs aren't capable of playing such low quality signals.

17. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I need to get my PS2 fixed. It's the only console I have a (quality) baseball game on and I've been in the mood to play baseball.

bunge repped this.
  18. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game has a pretty good soundtrack. Can we please get 1 game at Soldier field this year?
    IMG_20200428_144913.jpg

bunge repped this.
  19. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I got a new PC set up that can handle some higher quality games which means I can finally play Nier Automata, which I bought a long time ago but never actually played.

Also, for the Summer Sale I picked up the Yakuza series and Stellaris, as well as the free game Helltaker.

Helltaker is really short, but it's got cute character design and the puzzles are fun while they last.

I still need to play more of Stellaris to get a better feel of it, but it's basically Civ in space.

Since I have no pride in my gaming skills when it comes to any type of JRPG, I started Yakuza 0 on the lowest difficulty setting; but it's still very fun. The story is fairly unique and takes a sort of boring goal and surrounds it with so much intrigue that it brings you in. The free roam areas are also really fun. The girl at the bowling alley likes me, so that's my para-social relationship fulfilled. Got all the way to the point where you switch from playing as the ex-Yakuza grunt in a shady part of Tokyo to playing as the ex-Yakuza manager of a hostess club in Osaka (I went almost 12 hours of gameplay in one day). It also takes place in the late 80s right before the Yen bubble, which sorta explains the plot itself.

bunge repped this.
  20. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It's taken 3 years and 10 months, but someone just found a secret Nier: Automata cheat code

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/its-...ust-found-a-secret-nier-automatas-cheat-code/

In other news, I’ve just learned about Paprium, a new Sega Genesis game that went through crowd funding and then development hell. So much so that after two years of silence from the developer it dropped right before Christmas. Seems to have lived up to all the bloated hype, too.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  21. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    after being hyped enough to buy a new PC in 2014 just to play the game, and then being crushed enough by the bad reviews to not even buy it in 2016, I finally jumped into No Man's Sky over the holiday break after seeing a youtube video about how much the developers improved the game over the last several years.

so far it's gorgeous, interesting, and really fun, and combines the RPG and Minecraft elements really well. I'm finding it dilates time even worse than Civ 5, and I can quickly get lost and have 4-5 hours pass without even noticing. It's a bit grindy, but mostly injects something new frequently enough to make me not notice.

I'm still gun shy about the MMO side of it, but the solo game is everything I imagined in 2014 and more.

GHjelm and bunge repped this.
  22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When I moved, I finally got around to throwing away my Sega Genesis (which I had not played in 20 years and would likely not work with my current tv). Fortunately, the junk dealer who was hauling away my stuff, grabbed it, with all of the games, and put it in the cab of his truck...for "his grandkids"

I really liked that game (of course, it was the only game console I ever had, so I have little for comparison).
    Sonic would make me sick after a while, because of going round and round and, also, because my ex-wife almost always won.
    I had FIFA '96 and created the entire 1998 Fire Team (minus the few sucky players like Brian Bates and Tony Kuhn.) Then, in 2000, I added Hristo to the mix.
    We ruled.
    I would try to pick up as many red cards as possible and still win the game. It had a trick that you could go up to an opposing player and deliberately push him, usually triggering a card.

In NBA basketball, I had an entire Bulls team of just Toni Kukoc and another entire team of just John Paxons. The Paxson team would just shoot three point shots, all game. I rarely lost even though I almost never "won" a jump ball.

Semi-good times.

bunge and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  23. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I recently found a PS1 on the interwebs for $20 after accidentally rediscovering a box of games from my childhood. I'm most of the way through FF Tactics and have a long running game of Civ 2 in progress. I also jus put a bid in on a copy of Legend of Mana (they're like $100 used) in the hope of some classic couch coop RPGing with the wife.

xtomx repped this.
  24. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of fifa do I really need to buy a ps5 to play the good version and I'm stuck with the last gen version on pc just because some college kid can't play it on his laptop with integrated graphics? Also when is my $2000 check coming I want a 3090 on Trump's dime

25. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting started on my backlog. I don't think I've played anything released since the 360 very much. Oh wait I played ps4 stuff
    4302BF0C-2C57-40C6-85BC-7579969D3B5F.jpeg