Video Update

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by DaveBrett, Oct 12, 2003.

1. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
    I am expecting tapes of some of the British broadcasts of the WWC matches on Eurosport. Those should be here in a few weeks. Also, I've made another compilation tape...

Last year I made a tape of some of the interviews that the USA men's team did after their world cup. That was 30 minutes. There was 1:30 left, so on the same tape I recorded "Road To the World Cup" (the preview show) and "Road Trip with Team USA" (parts 1 & 2) By editing out the commercials it all fit on one tape.

As usual, my list is at:
    www.DaveBrett.com

Also, one other thing...last weeek I started the "silent thread" on this message board because after the Germany game I was so speechless. I thought other people might feel the same way, so a silent thread would be appropriate. I didn't mean to imply that anyone died. Sports is not a matter of life and death. Or as the great sage Andy Rooney once said "Judging by how hard I root for my favorite teams, you would think it actually mattered whether they won or lost."

Dave Brett
    Austin, TX
    DaveBrett@msn.com

2. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
    I got four British broadcasts of WWC 2003

I just got four UK broadcasts of first round matches from the women's world cup. Two of them (Canada-Argentina and USA-Sweden) are condensed rebroadcasts. The other two (USA-Nigeria and USA-N. Korea) are full matches.

I know some people don't care for the British broadcasts. But I love to hear the British sarcasm and wit. I wish we could get British announcers to do MLS matches on ESPN. It would really liven things up.

Here is an example...USA-N. Korea was FIFA "Fair Play" day, so Joy Fawcett read a corny statement about good sportsmanship to the crowd. (It was before the match, so I don't think this speech got on the American broadcast.) The droll British announcer says "you wonder whether they are actually trying to keep a straight face while reading this."

Unfortunately, my friend in England forgot to tape the key match of the tournament: USA-Germany. Does anyone have access to the British Eurosport coverage of that match? Please email me. Thanks.

DaveBrett@msn.com

3. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
    4 Nations tournament

Does anyone have access to foreign tapes of the Four Nations Tournament? I don't.

Dave

4. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
    The game in which Mexico knocked Canada out of the Olympics was broadcast in Canada. Did anyone tape it?

Dave