Video of Beckham's goal?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by BallStateMiddie, Aug 26, 2002.

1. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Just wondering if anybody has a link to somewhere that has his goal from this past weekend. It made the "Top Plays" on Sportscrapper, so it must have been pretty sweet. Also noticed it was #1 on a UK web site that was voting on best goal. Can anybody help me out?

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    for those that didnt see it, you can see the goal at

http://www.goal.com/es/G/index.shtml

on the middle of the page in the white part with black letters click on the link "El estéril golazo de Beckham ante el Chelsea en la Liga inglesa 24 Agosto" it should be the 6th link on the list.

i havent checked but if they moved it lower find it by the date ("24 agosto" means 24 of august so it should be near the top)

once the photo gallery loads click on the button "foto siguiente" (next photo), "foto anterior" (previous photo)

there are lots of great photo galleries on this link

3. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Yes, I hate ManU but Im seriously not being negative to bash United. Beckham played awful. His first touch was atrocious and he ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. The goal was gorgeous and I dont want to take away from that but to give him an 8 in the player rankings Ive seen is absurd.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal of the week on all the shows here was Bowyer's against WBA. Now that was class.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Eh?
    It was deflected in by the toe of Desailly?
    It may or may not have bent in anyways.....

Best goal my arse.

7. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little better than Carreri or Harris' from Saturday. Although at a bit of a higher level of football.

8. Rowdie

Rowdie New Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Henry's goal wasn't too bad either. Bowyer and him can share the week's prizes.

The Beckham goal was pretty, but considering it was deflected, I would not rate it that highly. It may have gone in anyway, but who knows?

That first touch though was sublime.

9. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    That was my pick, especially with the back flick delivery.

10. BallStateMiddie

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Harris' was pretty sweet, but Graziani was even better. World class, if you ask me.

11. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    For Real!!

I saw Bowyers goal on FSW and I thought it was ten times sweeter than Becks, IMHO.

But I guess the Spice boy gets all the press, even when it's a lucky goal off a deflection.

12. robbief

robbief Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Boca Raton, FL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the amazing part about beckham's goal was the phenomenal ball by silvestre and the great first touch by beckham. i am not sure whether or not it would have went in if not deflected, but it was still a pretty sweet goal overall. even my anti-man united bias didn't take away the beauty of the goal for me.

13. BallStateMiddie

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    I still haven't seen a video, but I saw a slide-show of it with still photos. From that, it really doesn't look all that impressive. I just assumed that it must have been great, since it got on the Sportscrapper. I don't know if you guys know the show or not, but they're not exactly what you'd call footy-friendly, if you know what I mean.

14. BallStateMiddie

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    The slide-show, however, didn't have any of the buildup to it, just the fake (which was pretty nice indeed) and the shot (which looked to me to be wide, without the deflection.)

15. I can't until Jason Roberts of WBA shuts everyone up by one of his 25yrd screamers. His shot is probably the most powerful in the Premiership and that's saying ahellva a lot. He's pure class........when he's healthy that is.

16. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Looks like a case of hype hyping the hype to me. It was deflected for crying out loud.

17. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe this after watching him play against Leeds. He was very strong on the ball and gave our defence a lot of problems. He's going to score quite a few goals this season, and was probably unlucky not to score on us.

18. JoeBloggs

JoeBloggs New Member

Mar 3, 2002
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Beckham scores another great goal last night, hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the season.

19. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckscum's goal against Bluescum wasn't even in the top 10 goals of the month....

20. BazoDee!

BazoDee! New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    B'klyn