Video interview of McBride and his signing with Fulham...

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by American40, Jan 29, 2004.

1. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
  2. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    And he called Boca "los".

3. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a great interview. He's got such a fantastic outlook on things. Very level headed and gives very diplomatic responses. I hope the Fulham crowd grow to respect and admire him as much as we have over the years.

At one point in the interview, he denied being an ambassador for the US players. Although he said he wasn't, I can't imagine a better one than him. Thanks for posting that!

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Apparently he didn't get the BigSoccer memo.

5. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    Seriously, Brian McBride is a class act. From his interviews and reports that you hear about him, it is appearent that his family comes first. Good luck to him.

6. armasmustdie

armasmustdie BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 30, 2003
    la
    He's so hot. That video got me all tingly.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sky had a brief interview with Bocanegra -- and discussed McBride and Keller "America's Major League Soccer could be a gold mine for Premiership clubs looking for new talent". Carlos had a bit of the deer in the headlights -- but the piece had a clip of Kasey (the pioneer) with the mullet, then, and balding Kasey, now.

8. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

9. SmittyLax6

SmittyLax6 New Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Shelton, CT
    MLS probably has a lot of talent that can be plucked by the EPL. Our department of state needs to help get rid of this "Work Permit" crap. We don't require Europeans from playing in the NBA if they don't have enough CAPS.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I agree about the Work Permit business. I wonder if it violates any sort of trade agreements we have with the EU. Put Baby Bush on the case!!!

I personally feel that there is a gold mine of young undeveloped talent here. Imagine if a team like Man U could buy Ricardo Clark and develop him over a few years. Right now they couldn't do that because he doesn't have enough caps. What if Man City wanted to get DJ Countess while he's cheap and develop him for a few years. There would be a flood!!!

11. CleanSteve

CleanSteve New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    SF
    England is not part of the EU....And the FA has the right to whatever work permit rules they choose. MLS does the same thing with their quotas of American players. I'm happy for McB, Carlos, and hopefully LD (someday) but I wouldn't want to see a mass exodus of American players.

...AND keep W. right out of all things soccer! (etc.)

Did you say DJ Countess?

12. Beckhamcpt07

Beckhamcpt07 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What video player do you use for this?

13. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Realplayer.

14. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    It is part of the EU, that is why EU players can play in the UK without a permit, because by the rules of the EU they have as much right to work in the UK as someone from the UK.

15. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    The FA does not set work permit rules.

16. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    For those that can't access the interview - decent article about McBride:

McBride: Saha's too quick for me

"I think my agent talked to Graeme Souness and my understanding was that things were okay. I hope there was no bad blood and I really appreciated their interest."

17. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    Who the frick are you?!?!?!

England _IS_ a part of the European Union... don't know where you get the idea they aren't. (As a notice, England is part of the United Kingdom which is part of the EU... maybe you got confused.... I dunno!) Nevertheless, England has labor laws which state that it has to serve members of EU as well as the British, so yeah, while they can make more stringent rules, they'll get their ass sued off by people from the EU who want to play in the Premiership and can't due to more stringent rules.

The reason MLS is different is because we aren't a part of the European Union or any other Union for that matter. (NAFTA don't count....) Completely different my friend.

In other news... apples and oranges are compared by newbie! Footage, at six!