Veteran national women's team stars recall the bad ol' days

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Jo, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
  2. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Whats a per diem???

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Like a daily stipend. You get a certain amount of $$$ each day to spend on food and what not.

4. Geoduck

Geoduck Member

Sep 24, 1999
    "Founder" Lori Henry: world champ AND blueblood heiress?

Since I try to avoid starting new threads, I'll ask here: Is Lori Henry, a defender on the first US Women's national team and the 1991 WWC champion team, an heir to the Weyerhauser company fortune?

Lori Henry was formerly coached by Booth Gardner, who was Washington governor, commissioner of the stillborn NSA league, and owner of 2 pro soccer teams. His stepfather, Norton Clapp, was once president and chairman of Weyerhauser, and when Clapp died in 1995 was worth an estimated $450 million. The obituary mentioned 4 blood children and 4 stepchildren, including Gardner and 2 people with the surname of Henry. The guv originally got into coaching because his daughter played, so couldn't the clan have sent a young girl named Lori to him?

If Lori Henry is indeed related to the timber magnate, how much is she worth? Has she returned to the Seattle area? Last I heard, she left coaching at Ohio State to pursue a master's degree in education.

(Incidentally, I'm inquiring because I'm investigating possible investors for a Seattle MLS franchise.)