Very Small Rocks Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by tarvinodos, Jul 28, 2010.

1. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Re: Tansfer News

Who did you replace Fellaini with?

Over 1 month I scored 100 pts? I knew it was a bad month...BUT!....wow. Pathetic. My position holds. Defenders can't get clean sheets and forwards ain't scoring....

2. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA

Looks like noboby and not wanting to lose 4 points.

Pork Soda fizz is all over the Sasha Junior manager. Worse than gatorade.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

:D

1-800 brought in Kaiser Sosa in his desperation.....

Can go either way I made at least a 4-9 point profit overall last week off my 4 point investment in the former Capt. Smalling and at least 8 to 13 for the game week (was going back and forth between Baines and Drogs for Capt. otherwise, but now wishing I had factored in the 2011 DJ anti-factor and picked Ashley Young), hopefully this weeks 4 pt rollover produces as well

Even so, not sure I will yet be up to fielding 11 players this week so we definitely are not window house shopping in the new neighborhood across the tracks at the moment...

4. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley

Other than the Chelsea-MUFC match my selections worked out well as well. MUFC of course paid huge from the Wigan game, but the Chelsea reverse AND Anelka not scoring really hurt the points from that match. Such is life I guess....

I've almost got a team I can enjoy fantasy managing....almost! What to do about JT!?

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

for supposedly being the best goal-defence in the League, my Chelsea boys certainly are inconsistent in producing fantasy points:(

6. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley

i feel your pain!

7. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA

Sasha Juniors is the haven for big four defenders that don't play. Why exactly is Bosingwa on my squad? What was Giggs doing on the squad? Nice yellow card after 17 minutes of play.

8. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

The bigger question is, what was Van Persie doing healthy for a run of matches this season, when his natural position is inside an MRI hearing loud banging noises? What a frustrating dude, almost as frustrating as a Roonaldo or a Rio.

9. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm renaming this The James Morrison Season, for he is not fish nor flesh nor pork, he's the devil incarnate. I add him over Thomas on the basis of form alone, and Thomas immediately runs up a massive match score. That should've told me something. Morrison stays in my lineup for reasons of necessity, scoring nothing at all.

I justifiably lose patience and bury him as deep on my bench as possible. He rings up a 13 today. There you go. Ah, I should mention that I considered bringing in Osman for him three times this week. Osman gets a 10 in the first match of a double gameweek in which he surely must play both.

Now I'm off to shorten that, make it rhyme, put it to washboard and Dobro, and call it the 'The James Morrison Pigf•••er Blues.' The one redeeming point: all I need to realize those points is for both Ferdinand and Hernandez not to play. Sure, right, they'll get 1 minute each.

10. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Some props to the bottom of the barrel of Very Small Rocks. We are in 26, 27, 28 place in All Rocks. I high threshold level it seems.

I saw Morrison's score and to think he is buried.

Meanwhile Zigic and Misulic don't play and Dzeko's does 5 minutes of Karoake.

11. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is cosy:

27 Pork Soda - Richard Powell (23) 1218
    28 Sasha Juniors - Thomas Johnson (22) 1201
    29 Kopite Juniors - Chloe Adams (30) 1198

Only 20 points between quicksand and safety with Kopite Juniors making something of a stretch towards solid ground; albeit a very small, rocky one.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Perhaps Ze Voyeur 1-800 was so concerned with penalty points elsewhere, he forgot to explain to Nani-cy fakey-pants that assists only score points when your team scores from them and to take care when faking an injury as you might actually hurt yourself in too strenuous a protest:p:D

13. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Thank goodness Chicharito scored. Now anyone with a Liverpool DF or Reina aren't getting a huge point-haul! Haha, I predicted Scholes was as likely to get me yellow-cards on this double game week as he was to get me bonus points....sure enough. His last duty was to get a yellow card before subbing off.

Well....time to go see what damage was done now....hopefully I didn't have VDS in goal - I don't think I did!

14. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hmm, are we all Defoe-less? That's a lot of meat left on the bone...

[Edit] And we're all Doyle-less, Pavlyuchenko-less, Fletcher-less, Jarvis-less, Jenas-less and Milijas-less. That's 53 points unclaimed from a match, HAS to be some kind of record. Nobody who scored more than 2 from Wolves-Spurs is on any roster, wow...

15. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I said Defoe would score when I dropped him.

:eek:

16. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Defoe's first goals of the league campaign. Who would've thought such a talent would be far outpaced by Hernandez, Welbeck, Gyan, Odemwingie, Elmander and a dozen other guys.

17. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seeing Red

Everyone on the sub's bench now has measles.

:rolleyes:

It looks like we could struggle in the final gameweeks; with Sasha Juniors looking to make a late challenge for promotion, as predicted.

:eek:

18. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Re: Seeing Red

No way - I just brought in Jose Enrique - be wary of the Mariners!

19. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Seeing Red

OUT:
    Ferdinand D MU

IN:
    Fabio D MU 4.4

BANK:

20. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lobo - Warm That Soup Up

Still waiting for Lobo to warm that soup up and let me get another 4 points closer to the end game.

:D

21. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: Lobo - Warm That Soup Up

No Soup for you...

Posted by Lobo Mojo on 19 Mar 17:18

Out: Best F NU 4.3

In: Welbeck F SU 4.6

Bank: 0.9
    free

22. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Two of us being LA, we can talk in tectonic terms. The ground between Long Beach and Los Feliz just shifted closer. In fact, the ground between third and seventh is now a lot closer, how are buildings still standing? It's only 45 points separating a degree of minor glory and demotion. Our lovely swinepop assistants are taking breaks from doing R&D on see-through proscuitto camisols to Fedex a container of bacon-wrapped bacon and bacon-flavored chewing gum to the Rooney Mansion, which, as Lancelot noted in our Rocks mascot film, sits in excellent pig country.

23. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    It's been a great FPL league hasn't it? Still a few matches left this g/w aren't there? Interested to see where dust settles.

24. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Please don't use that word 'dust.' :D

25. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    :) haha, I graduated from there year before last....it's a long dust-covered memory.