Very Small Rocks - 2020-21 - Organizing and Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Aug 18, 2020.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Every time I keep thinking that this is over, someone new pops up and it just keeps percolating..... Hi Tarv!

I've shared my views previously so I won't repeat them and I have no problem revisiting the rules if people want to do so (especially if it minimizes point-penalties during the season as I hate, hate, hate them), but, personally, I think drawing a distinction between semantics and long-established rules is, well, a matter of semantics..... ;)

Newbie, oldtimer, or anywhere in between, your thoughts and input are as valid as anyone else's, so please keep chiming in if you have something to say - 2 cents worth or otherwise.

On the reverse order issue, I'll just note that, in this particular case, where Havertz was clearly the most desired prize of the scramble, he went to the team that picked ... number 8! Silva went to #6, not #7, and van de Beek to #5, not #1. So, the selections ended up going #8, #6, and #5. Perhaps a random coincidence, but how's that for reverse order? Go figure. :cool:

DrHeckle repped this.
  2. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    It can be done creatively, like perhaps free for all, but picks within a 1 minute timestamp (pick your arbitrary number) it goes to a reverse draft order instead, and for that player who wins the clash goes to the bottom of the order for the next potential clash. Just strange all of these 3 picks landed exact same time

DrHeckle repped this.
  3. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Onwards and Upwards.... the Muppet is back :inlove::laugh:

4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    SonAB... should post here in this thread to officially stake his claim to the spot. In addition to posting here, he should send me a private message with his team name and with the email that he wants to use for the GDoc and I'll send him an invite to get him access.

That's great work DrH to find someone so quickly.

It is currently 4:30 am in the UK and 1:30 pm in eastern Australia. As several of us have invited Cribmad to reconsider and it is middle of the night for him, I would give Cribmad a a few more hours to reconsider and, if he's so inclined, to confirm that he'll see out the season. Let's say another 8 hours, so 12:30 pm in the UK and 9:30 pm in eastern Australia. This will give Cribmad some time once he wakes up but also allows SonAB.. to get started today if he wants. If Cribmad hasn't resurfaced and recommitted by then, the players drafted by Cribmad belong to SonAB... and he can start making moves in the official transfer thread.

Sound good to everyone?

kopiteinkc repped this.
  5. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  6. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You are a fair dinkum goose haha... welcome back :ROFLMAO:

7. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    If anyone from Sand gets to move up, it's me!!! Can I bring my drafted team with me? LOL Do you want to redo the draft if I take the promotion? The best course of action is to find a veteran manager who will accept CRIBMAD's drafted team and create a duplicate.

When this has happened in the past, someone dropping out after the draft, I remember we once gave the next Free Agent pick to the take-over manager to help him/her start to revise the squad according to his biases. But that too was overcome by players rumored but not yet added to the database, and the new manager wasn't allowed to wait. It was sort of a one time offer to entice him to take over the team.

8. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don’t know about Veteran ... will that Muppet Bloke do ? [emoji12]

9. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't feel safe on a post though as my primary residence was more comfortable. However due to non payment of rent I've been evicted.
    upload_2020-9-9_11-54-31.png

10. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dang I should have negotiated a Xfer amnesty until I get to take a look & then make one change if required.

DrHeckle repped this.
  11. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It could have been worse.. you could have got my team ! :laugh:

12. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Then the only answer possible would have been Noooooooooooooooo

Ps. If your that unhappy, are you looking to trade any out ? (Asking for a fellow amphibian):whistling:

13. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Sonabert has now officially joined VSR, with the dashing scarved amphibian leapfrogging over Hal and the rest of Sand to join the second division. A reminder that amphibians are cold-blooded, so keep an eye on this guy. I've slotted his team name into the current rosters sheet on the GDoc. Welcome!

14. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    WOW!!! Here I was taking a short break from big soccer/FPL/Google Docs after a tiresome draft period AND I MISSED ALL THIS !!! You guys just can't behave yourself without proper supervision, can you? Probably lucky I was not here, as I would have been the one getting blamed for the gentlemen leaving.

Too soon?? ;)

DrHeckle, lobomojo and kopiteinkc repped this.
  15. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha, I am pretty sure it a your fault even though you were not here !

A quick question... has the dust settled on the Roster Google Doc... it is all up to date ?? As in I can bandaid my team with anyone who is not on there /> ? ;)

16. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Cheers for requesting my lily pad to the party zone.
    Not had a good chance to study the side I've inherited ....... Will look ASAP to see if I fancy doing any xfers ... Am I under a time restraint or is it still free for all ?

kopiteinkc repped this.
  17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It is a free for all so first in and all that. I think old mate knew what he was doing ( unlike some of us :whistling:) .. so the team you have is a'ight :D

18. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Yes, I believe it is current.

And, this is VSR, not dust.... :ROFLMAO:

kopiteinkc and DrHeckle repped this.
  19. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Kickoff is soon! Last chance for as many free trades as you want (at least without playing wild cards). Get those final moves in!!!!

And, good luck everyone.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I still haven't figured out what everyone was thinking during the draft and how I got him at pick #5. I know it is only one gameweek, but I just wanted to stop by and mention that Mo Salah is on pace to score over 700 points this season!!!

:whistling::p:geek:

#statscanproveanything, #i'llsettlefor200, #enjoyingitwhileican, #ishouldhavetriplecaptainedinGW1, #hopethisdoesn'tjinxit, #whybotherifyoucan'tenjoymomentslikethese

PS - Congrats to the Salah owners in other divisions -- @glorydaze & @kopiteinkc

glorydaze, lobomojo and kopiteinkc repped this.
  21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [emoji106][emoji41]

22. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    God Forbid UTD would just show up once....at least I got my Morning Glory[emoji23]

kopiteinkc repped this.
  23. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Not that I was planning to jump into this particular flurry in the VSR transfer market, but US West Coasters do seem to be at a disadvantage on the new adds. Another 3 am or 4 am player update. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

lobomojo repped this.
  24. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Are the toys still in the pram ? [emoji44][emoji848]

tjh71 repped this.
  25. pato2384