Very Small Rocks - 2020-21 - Organizing and Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Aug 18, 2020.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Amazing watching that .. wow

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    VIP ticket paid off.... ;)

lobomojo repped this.
  3. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed [emoji23]

4. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can we have a summary please so us lazy people know what was going on. That is all very confusing :p

And I am no elder... but no door knob either....and my understanding is if any part of a trade is invalid then the whole trade does not exist and you move down the list. Regardless of the reason trade was invalid.. a second later or 2 weeks later ... that is in the bible somewhere I am sure :geek:

lobomojo repped this.
  5. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we're at it, what is the stance on the triple captain, bench boost and free hit? Some years when I have played the rule was that we could not use those in this league but in other years they have been used.

6. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'm not positive that it is "final" at this point. You seem to have followed along enough to understand the issue - whether the subsequent trades that included Havertz after he had already been picked are valid in their entirety or not. kopite and glorydaze have commented, and lobo appears to agree but deferred to hal, who hasn't yet been seen.

IF the entire trades involving Havertz are invalidated, then:

FC St. Pauli got Havertz
    Morning Glory got Th Silva
    blechs_dawgs got Maitland-Niles and van de Beek
    FC Epikoinis got Rodrigo

IF only the the Havertz portion is invalidated, then:

FC St. Pauli got Havertz
    FC Epikoinis got van de Beek and Rodrigo
    Cribmad got Th. Silva (*unless the #3 notation truly means a tie, in which case this is a coin-flip with Morning Glory)

Just saw your your post in the other thread, and agree that we need it definitively sorted either way, so that these teams know who they have and don't have, and so that everyone else knows who has been cut and is available.

DrHeckle repped this.
  7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The rule is pretty clear and I am the only player who has played all 19 seasons - you can’t have half the rule to suit - the entire post has to be valid - yes it has happened before and that’s why the rule is in place- the balancing of the budget has nothing to do with it

tjh71, blech and DrHeckle repped this.
  8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Triple captain and bench boost are allowed - the free hit is not.

tjh71, frasermc, Epikoinos and 1 other person repped this.
  9. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice one.... Kopite has convinced me... I am pro what he said (if we are voting on it) :)

I will stay tuned ... and look forward to some crumbs later on ...:coffee:

tjh71 and kopiteinkc repped this.
  10. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And who are all these players anyway ... I have never heard of them .?!?!

To me they sound like a car hire company, a muppet, a dodgy character from Ozark, lone rangers horse and someone Frasier would know .. I need to get out more o_O

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And I apologize if my tone was harsh - it was not meant to but reading back it could be seen that way

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    With Hal now chiming in, in addition to kopite, gloryD, and lobo posting earlier, I've gone ahead and updated the GDoc accordingly. If anyone still thinks the issue is open, please speak now. I'm hoping that Epikoinis and Cribmad are not too bummed about this as we still have a long season ahead. Kudos again to scott on a a victory that had to have been by a very small fraction of second.

Meanwhile, I just got a spam email from some fcstpauli website touting that fractions of a second matter and that it has an online course that can teach anyone how to lobo-draft and beat the clock for just $19.97.......:cry::mad:

On the GDoc, one thing that I forgot to mention that worked well last year is that we would highlight on the "current rosters" page the new players that we brought in. I added it for the players added today. It's just an easy and visual way to allow everyone to see the recent additions. We would then clear the highlight after a week or two (if more than half your roster is highlighted and you're not on a wildcard, it's time to reset). It isn't mandatory, but helpful. If you're not familiar with the highlighting feature, it's the "fill color" that looks like a bucket of paint in middle of the row of formatting commands -- you can click on the yellow circle to highlight or click on the clear/white circle to undo it.

tjh71, frasermc, DrHeckle and 1 other person repped this.
  13. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    After much consideration i have to say that this league has become a joke , what was supposed to be a bit of fun is now overrun with bureaucracy. It would appear that only the long standing members truly know the thousands of secret rules, which are never made clear to other members. Therefore i am sorry guys but i will not be playing any part in the draft again , i have enjoyed my years here but feel at my age it is now just not worth the hassle. My team can stand but i will not be making any adjustments, good luck and be safe.

14. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well as my daughters say ... that is the biggest lol I have ever seen [emoji23]

How serious do we take this ? Put your toys back in the pram and let’s get on with it ! [emoji849]

15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Say it isn't so. Very sorry to hear that. I got that you were bummed when I saw your last posts yesterday, but had figured that it would all be good after the wine and a long sleep. Havertz was the big prize yesterday. It was frustrating, but Scott beat us all by a fraction of a second fair and square. As for the rest of it as it relates to the "void one, void all" rule, I can understand it, to a point, but you and MG may have been tied for all we know and, more importantly, are you really going to quit because you didn't get to make the Chilwell to Silva move? They're two defenders on the same team, and once he's over his injury, Chilwell's got to be even money to outscore him. What's more, neither of them are getting clean sheets anyway if Chelsea doesn't get a new GK!

Let us know asap if you'll reconsider -- perhaps more wine tonight and another long sleep will do the trick?

***In the meantime, while hopefully he'll reconsider, I guess we should get started looking to see if we can find a new manager to take over a duplicate of this team as we'd ideally not have a dead/inactive team from the start. Not an easy task to find someone to come into a draft league post-draft, but anyone know someone who might be interested???

16. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nothing to do with losing the transfers , it was like a pack of wild animals at the cattle trade which is why i recommended random generator picks , members of other leagues sticking their noses in pissed me off ! i was going to to reconsider when i got home but Dr Heckles post was the final straw, i have deleted my team from all groups get a replacement and someone to carry on my comps!

17. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Wow.

Over-reaction much...

I suppose I'll get included now as well as the original managers, Dr Heckle, and anyone from Small and Sand who butted in but I will take over the Fantasy Olympics for this season.

lobomojo and glorydaze repped this.
  18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If I was "one who butted in", I was asked to comment, so I did, and I consider us all one big friendly group anyway.

I hope you change your mind I have really enjoyed your contests and commentary and interaction.

blech repped this.
  19. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Unfortunate, but I'm glad that @DrHeckle was clearly identified as the final straw and not me! :p

I'm 100% sure DrH thought for a moment about not saying anything, but then just couldn't stop himself..... :oops:

DrHeckle repped this.
  20. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I tried so hard ... bloody wine again [emoji485][emoji12]

tjh71 and kopiteinkc repped this.
  21. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    I'm a newbie this season, but I have to admit the free for all rule seemed problematic to me. I'm happy to run it that way, but i can see how it could be seen as unfair, especially when the draft went over 10 days so there was a stockpile of added players in that period that people were sweating on. The reverse order picks made sense to me, but oh well, i'm not trying to twist any arms or hold any ransoms, just thought id add my 2 cents worth

kopiteinkc repped this.
  22. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Both methods have merit ... but I think right at the end of a draft that took 10 days was not the time to change the way things have been done for years. If there is to be a change it needs to be sorted out way earlier than that. In saying that, the taking it in turns again could have went forever..... there are multiple trades that could be made, not only getting all these so called must have players just added to FPL, but people like me who have no idea and need to tinker with their squad. The draft takes long enough, we do not need another drawn out process again post draft.

You are right the free for all causes dramas, and quite frankly has over many years. But the rule has always bee once any part of a trade is invalid then the whole trade is.. and I am pretty sure that is in the sticky notes thing at the top of the forums. No one is investing any money here... we do not need to have detailed T's & C's.... for god sake it is just a bit of fun. The rules are here to help things flow... and yes folks who have been on here 15 years etc obviously know the rules more than I do, or anyone else newer, and just because they are here clarifying a rule, does not mean they are personally attacking anyone. My comment about the pram may have been getting personal and for that I apologize to old mate if he was offended by said comment.

Finally .,.. I have reached out to a certain Muppet who said he is happy to take over the Ghost Team .... and he is in.... we can discuss details in another post

tjh71, glorydaze, lobomojo and 1 other person repped this.
  23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Son of a B.... [emoji23][emoji23]

tjh71 and DrHeckle repped this.
  24. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha,.. no hard feelings allowed.

I have a brilliant idea...:geek:... all the Sand Managers have to post at midnight tomorrow and fastest finger gets elevated to VSR ... and then... oh hang on.. maybe not o_O:D

kopiteinkc and lobomojo repped this.
  25. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Alright, caught up on the threads.

Too bad to see Cribmad go. He was a great competitor and ran some nice comps with fun to read write ups.

I am not sure if I am one of the deciders but this looked to be decided on symantics. If one lists 3 trades and another person puts in 1 trade ahead of you by a split second with one of your trades you should get your other two trades unless there is a budget issue.

I think we have had this before to a lesser degree and check on this before our next 5 car pile up happens.

DrHeckle repped this.