Venezuela Expels Israeli Ambassador Over Gaza Strikes

Discussion in 'International News' started by Rostam, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477164,00.html

Wadda ya gonna do????

CARACAS, Venezuela — Venezuela ordered the expulsion of the Israeli ambassador on Tuesday to protest Israel's military offensive in the Gaza Strip.

President Hugo Chavez has condemned the campaign in Gaza, where nearly 600 Palestinians have been killed in ground and air strikes. Israel launched the attacks Dec. 27 to stop Palestinian militants from firing rockets into southern Israel.

Venezuela's Foreign Ministry announced the decision in a statement, saying it "has decided to expel the Israeli ambassador and part of the personnel of the Israeli embassy."

Chavez earlier condemned the Israelis carrying out the military campaign as "murderers" and urged Jews in Venezuela to take a stand against the Israeli government.

"Now I hope that the Venezuelan Jewish community speaks out against this barbarism. Do it. Don't you strongly reject all acts of persecution?" Chavez said.

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Umm Hugo. You just expelled the Jewish Community in Venezuela.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's absolutely chilling that he calls out Venezuela's Jews like this. Singling them out so publicly is the act of the worst kind of autocratic hatemonger. What a scumbag.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Seriously, it's like he wants to invite violence towards them.

But then, it's Hugo Chavez...

Hey Rostam, explain to me why it's a good thing to have such a total asswipe on your side?

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hugo advocates a certain sect of his own population to speak up in protest on every country's government on Earth save his.

Santa Anna would be proud of you Hugo.

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, did anybody not expect this? Especially, when we know that he's Ahmadinejad's only friend...

I feel very sorry for Gustavo Dudamel & his great musicians all over the country, since they deserve a president with at least some brain.

8. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No he didn't. When I was in Caracas I saw a surprising number of Jewish businesses etc.

9. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just in Latin America alone, Iran has been able to forge close ties to not only Venezuela, but with Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia and Nicaragua. The latter all during Ahmadinejad's tenure, albeit mostly because of changes in the political landscape in those countries. For more on the subject, although from a perspective opposite of mine, see the following LA Times article: Iran's Latin America Push.

But I agree that Chavez is something special among all these other Latin American leaders.;)

10. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Israeli community......not the Jewish community

apparently we can't use the Z-word anymore :rolleyes:......it kind of makes it hard to make a distinction from the Jewish religion

11. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    btw.........this whole event is most likely a direct order from Iran

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm just waiting for his lap dog Morales to do the same thing.

13. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Here comes the faux news crowd. First of all I'd say 95% percent of you who have posted don't know shyt about Hugo Chavez or the Bolivarian government in Venezuela aside from what you get from your incredibly biased news sources. Second of all I'd say he's a pretty unique "autocratic, hatemongering,scumbag " Since he's been democratically elected, not only that. But he has survived a coup, a coup! Backed by the U.S. and it's oligarchical allies in Venezuela. How many other president's have been brought back to power by the citizens of his/her country after a U.S. backed Coup. So don't go around thinking your savvy about what is happening in Latin America.

14. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Lap Dog! Sure te a de doler que un indigena tenga la oprtunidad de ser el lider de Bolivia. Un pais que a pasado por explotacion tremenda por tanto tiempo. Pinche oligarca.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ese hijo de poota es un asesino y de lider no tiene nada.

16. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Asesino? No seas pendejo. Compruebalo. Aver sacate tus pruebas. Porque? Porque es izquierdista es un asesino. Te dejas llevar por esa maldita oligarcia que a mantenido a tu pais en explotacion y pobreza por cienes de años.

17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of your post has anything to do with the fact that he made a public statement, as leader of his country, singling out the Jewish citizens of his country in this way. Considering that he has made disparaging remarks about Jews before, it's hard to think of this as an innocent slip of the tongue. One need not know anything about Latin America to recognize the signs of official anti-Semitism when one sees them.

18. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Anti-Israeli aggression and anti-semitism are two very different things. Don't go 1984 on me and start blending two very different things. Hell i am rabid over what Israel is doing in Gaza. massacring women and children, bombing U.N. schools. But that does'nt make me anti-semitic.

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, not as much as when I was helping out with El School del Julio at Ft. Benning :p

20. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really need to keep straight who and what you're responding to. Did I say that there is something wrong with criticizing Israel's actions in Gaza--which, while I detest Hamas, seem to be disproportionate, IMHO--or that Chavez would be out of line to do so? No. Did I say that his decision to expel Israel's ambassador over this incident was anti-Semetic? No, I did not, even though I think it's a rash and foolish mood meant to appeal to baser instincts internationally.

No--I said that his public statements singling out the Jewish citizens of his own country were the actions of an anti-Semite. For all of his MANY faults, George W. Bush never publicly called out the Muslim citizens of the USA after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, asking them to prove their loyalty to this country or placing the burden on them to prove that they disagreed with Al Qaeda and its tactics.

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bring it over to english so the rest of the people here can understand and then YouTube the massacre outside of Santa Cruz that Morales ordered on his own indiginous people. I have NO problem with an indiginous leader but I do with Morales. He's a lying sack of shit who has done NOTHING he said he would for his people. Has he built ONE clinic? One school? All he's done is align himself with Castro and Chavez, travel the world, kick out the DEA, allow the narco trafficers to prosper, divide our country and push us to the brink of civil war. When I see my people gunned down by his soldiers I could give two shits where he's from or how he got there. He needs to answer for his crimes. Too bad it probably means alot of Bolivian blood being spilled before that happens.

22. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Your an idiot. The good thing is that all your little school of the americas crap is over. It's done. Latina America has taken a turn to the left, and it couldn't have come sooner. For too long the U.S. and it's interests wreaked havoc on Latin America. Not anymore.

23. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I generally don't care to engage you and a few others but I will bring out a few points to make sure everyone sees the bigotry and absurdity in some of the pro-israel camp here:

a) Considering that Jews are and have been, at least in their own view, the most proponents of "democracy", "human rights", and other moral qualities, why it's so difficult for them to get vocal about the crimes committed by Israel.

b) For the Gentile to know of the Jewish quality, why is it so wrong to plead to the local Jewish communities to recognize the crimes against humanity committed by Israel on their name.

c) Why is it that the above plead is a sign of anti-semitsm? and why is it cosidered by some that he is singling out the local jews?

24. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    The ones who brought Bolivia to the brink of civil war were those goddamn opposition governors and leaders. Who were undoubtedly pushing more than just their own agenda. The Santa Cruz incident altough regrettable was not carried out by Morales, like the massacre in el porvenir it was carried out by rogue most likely right-wing leaders. As for the dea are you f*****g kidding me? Do you have that much faith in the U.S. gov't. So for all you hes a murdere he needs to answer for his crimes bullshit. Morales has been a president who has finally broken throught the right-wing guerilla mold that has loomed over latin america for decades.

25. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We accept your surrender.