vela update

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Epikoinos, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    future gunner carlos vela had two goals in his debut for celta de vigo in a friendly a few days ago.

or at least that's what babelfish tells me. if someone who speaks spanish can tell us more, that would be great.

from Celta de Vigo site

from ESPN Deportes

also, i'd be interested if someone could give us a better translation on this short interview with Vela from last month. I think he says he was happy that Arsenal eliminated Real Madrid in the CL.

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, do we need a new Vela thread every two weeks? He doesn't play for Arsenal and won't for at least two years. Hell, no one is sure if we even signed him. Lets keep the Vela updates in the Spain or Mexico boards, or in the transfer threads. Individual threads for non-Arsenal players seems unnecessary to me.

3. pakpoom

pakpoom New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CA
    Thanks for keeping us updated. I do appreciate this thread....even though some may not.

4. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
  6. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, it worked before. I searched the forum for Vela threads and came up with 5 of them. I think some other ones were moved.

7. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I'm in agreement that all these threads every other week are annoying. Just search for them and update one of those. Like you said Anti, its not like we've signed him or anything.

8. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whoa. ok everybody. i won't do that again.

sorry.

9. smilyfs

smilyfs New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Australia
    well i think its great that someone is keeping tabs on him.

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How dare you track an exciting young player that might have a future with Arsenal. Don't you realize that there is a limited number of threads that the BigSoccer servers can take before blowing up? :mad:

;) :D

I like the updates but it might make sense to just bump the older Vela threads in the future.

11. Clockend

Clockend New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    London
    Maybe you could create a sticky thread for following players on loan. We have a few go out every year so it may work well.

12. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I think its good that someone is still looking into the Vela thing. I was trying to, but had a hard time doing so. Its also great that he scored 2 on his debut. Hopefully he does well and we get him in 2 years.

13. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    yea its nice to keep up with how our future players are fairing.....now i wonder where fran merida got to !

14. Milkman

Milkman New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, you really love jumping people's isht just for posting new threads. Like, you really really love that.

Anyways, I thought it was a nicely created thread with good links even, so my vote is "carry on."