VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 30 I 03.04.19 I 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 2, 2019.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I said during the game we needed a player who could run at the defense with pace. We're very unbalanced without that.

2. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You know it’s not a bad idea, play a 4-4-2 and provide a proper ST to play alongside Benz....

temesgen repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Agreed

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Except that with a legit #9 we probably would have seen Ronaldo or Bale paired up top with them, or even someone like Asensio/VJ/Isco/James/Modric/Hazard, etc.

That opens up way too many opportunities for Benz to get dropped for someone else, no way Zidane puts him and his favorite in that kind of predicament.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about overreaction.

I recommend waiting until next season before we start judging Zidane. He is not 'rewarding' Marcelo if he plays in these last few games and then gets shipped out come summertime, which is certainly a possibility.

The problem is we are trying to read into these current lineup decisions and projecting them into next year. That remains to be seen.

I'm going to give Zizou a complete pass on these remaining games.

6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Regulion should be starting for sure
    Asensio should be played on the right in an attacking position
    Lucas should be dropped in place of Mariano
    Isco or Ceballos should be ahead of Kroos

It's obvious more than a simple formation change is needed but playing the likes of Asensio out of position is criminal and when you're playing as bad as we are, you need to rely on individual talent and we're not getting the best out of any of our attacking players.

7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I know Mariano isn’t the best player and he was injured for a long time, but I think it’s fair to give him a proper chance before we sell him again.

Let the guy play 3-4 matches in a row so we can judge. He can’t show anything in 10 minutes and it’s not that we can win any trophy or something.

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since when did Asensio have a “position”, he just doesn’t show up enough, on the right or the left, and he’s not old, jaded, tired, not played enough, or whatever, again, doesn’t make the best use of the chances given to him, very disappointing, if it were me, I wouldn’t care if everybody else on the park was playing like dogshit, i’d be playing out of my skin, just like Vin does when he gets a chance,

I don’t like Asensio on any wing, left or right, he doesn’t have the skills to play out there IMO, i prefer him through the middle, but that won’t happen so, I have no idea how the best can be gotten out of him on a regular basis, sometimes , like yesterday , he doesn’t seem to even bother to try too hard, too much on the periphery of the game, like Gareth, everything mostly passing him by, a lot of it is up to him as well

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I tend to agree. I give Zizou a pass and I give most of the players a pass too. BUT...…… you draw the line at the point where any player just doesn't even want to put in a solid shift. You don't want to see the team concede and then watch most of the players react like they already have vacation arrangements on their minds. It's ok if you miss a chance or make a mistake as long as people see you are giving it your all. That is the bare minimum you can expect from people getting paid millions to kick a ball.

Let's say Mariano plays all of the games left and scores 3 goals. Do we still want him as our backup striker next season? Hell no. We HAVE to get a striker better than Benzema or at least at his level or we would not have fixed a major issue.

The fate of Mariano is sealed. He will be sold if someone is willing to pay or loaned.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good points, I don’t mind giving Mariano a chance but, yeah, we need a better striker

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco was absolutely atrocious when he came on yesterday.

12. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I agree that we need a new quality striker bro, but at least give him an opportunity. In 2016-2017 he didn’t play much, because we had Morata and Benz. But he deserves to play more the coming weeks. Zizou doesn't even need to take Benzema out but play them together.

Mariano deserves a chance, because we never gave him one.

13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Then why fire Solari. Zidane is just "going to give a complete pass" on Marcelo, Isco, Bale, etc. WTF.

So Zidane is not going to hold accountable the players who deserve it, and not going to reward the players who deserve it. Why fire the interim manager if these games are just a complete pass and aren't going to have any purpose.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we seriously debating whether it's in Madrids interest in keeping Solari vs hiring Zizou?

All you can do is laugh

RMSocrates and Drouchk repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its called integrity, Zidane could have sat back and watched which players are going to play for the shirt regardless of who the manager is.

robnycus repped this.
  16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    In all honesty he was fired just to have some to blame someone for the atrocious season we've had, which is BS because this is the result of bad planning from the team.
    Zidane could have come in the summer and the results would have been the same.