Valderama is total crap

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by RevsRule, Aug 4, 2002.

1. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Carlos Valderama (I don't care how it's spelled) is total crap. He's an All Star in his own mind only and should stop embarassing himself by continuing to play. Yesterday, I watched him totally freeze out the next big US NAT player, Taylor Twellman, for a whole half while directing pass after pass to Ruiz. Anybody that pulls a stunt like that is NO All Star unless there's an award for All Star jerks. Meanwhile Twellman gives up the ball to El Jerk time after time.

Give is up Carlos, you suck, you showed that you have NO class and you should stop embarassing yourself by continuing to play. You can't stop Twellman, even though you did on Saturday. In fact, I hope TnT shoves that ball where the sun dno't shine, the next time the Revs play Colorado.

2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    one biased Revs fan's take on what happened in a meaningless exibition game.

take it for what it's worth.

3. soccergamer

soccergamer New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    New York
    Lock this thread and then delete it from the database. Children shouldn't be allowed to post such idiocy.

4. Soccer-Six-Shooter

Soccer-Six-Shooter New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    What did Valderrama ever do to you? Mop top is a great passer. I was at the All-star game and I thought Carlos actually was hustling out there for once. At regular MLS games he gets lazy and does not hustle or move much. I think he is the oldest player in MLS at 40. This will probably be his last year playing. You're crazy to think Carlos sucks. Lets see how many guys last to 40 years of age and still produce. Mop Top is a star. I know he needs a haircut, bt he has the sweetest touch of any player i have seen. Plus, he holds the MLS record for most assists.

Get out of town clown.

5. former baller

former baller New Member

Mar 10, 2002
    Mop Top, good, but time to go!

Mop Top is good!! However we need to put a 20 year old in his position and let him be the playmaker for 10 or twenty years! I like what has happened for Steve Ralston in MLS. There are a bunch of youngsters that need to be given the central midfield role and let them do it. This is a "quarterback position". I remember watching Ray Hudson in his youth. Claudio Reyna has done his part. The teams will not fall apart.

Lets put the younger leaders into the team and give them 10 years to "quarterback"

6. jsantarita

jsantarita Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Isn't he pushing 50? It is a joke bad bad bad joke for MLS that we let a guy that old play in our "major" league. What a joke! This guy wouldn't get a place in ANY II division team in ANY european league. here he is....a star! come on!!! he can't run to save his life!!!!

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    because other athletes in other sports don't play when they're 40 or older?

Ricky Henderson
    Jesse Orosco
    Darryl Green
    Michael Jordan (turns 40 on 2/17/03)
    Kareem Abdul-Jabaar
    Phil Niekro
    Hank Aaron
    Chris Chelios

and the list could go on for ages.

And as far as comparing to Eurpoe, that's not only wrong (because there are 40 and older players in Europe), but it's dumb just out of principle.

The man's got a good deal of assists this season, more than you do. Leave it at that.

8. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He still does one or two things a game that makes me go. "Wow!". If this is his last year, then I applaud his contribution to MLS and hope he has a great retirement.

9. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    LOL, this thread is a joke!!!

10. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Carlos could perform surgery with his right foot. 40 or not, the guy can pick aprt any defense with a simple touch of the ball.

Carlos shoud be praised for his many years of service with the MLS. He's been shipped around a lot and has performed with total quality no matter where he has ended up.

If anyone in the MLS derserves a proper thank you in the form of a tesitmonial it's Carlos.

11. btousley

btousley New Member

Jul 12, 1999
    the only reason TT did not receive the from Valderrama is because he insisted on making his runs 40 yards away from him. TT should realize most of CVs assists and passes are from a "short game" - I think you need to lighten up - Ruiz always moved close to Valderrama to receive a pass prior to attacking. TT does just the opposite typically.

12. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Carlos is also #3 in assists in MLS currently for 2002.

He is not the embarrasment, this thread is.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    You are an idiot. Let me capitalize that. You are an IDIOT.

You need to learn to appreciate one of the best passers the world game has ever known, and unquestionably,by far, the best passer ever to wear an MLS uniform.

Your post should not even be dignified by responses. But in this case, I find your ignorance so extreme, so utterly appalling, that I feel I must do something because stupidity with the potency that you are spewing may be contagious.

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Strangely, you never heard or read these types of outlandish statements when El Principe was captaining River Plate at 39. And, yes, I'm comparing Valderama to El Principe, got a problem with that? If so, that is clearly your problem.

Tim

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do Not Feed The Trolls

[​IMG]

16. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    Carlos Valderrama is old...we ALL know that... the quality of play is not the same than in his golden years... but come on!!!! this man has done a lot for the league... he played every season with his own capabilities at the time.... this is his last year... and i say : he is perfect??? of course not... he is the best??? no... he helped MLS more than any foreign player??? Of course!!!!! .... let him retire in a good way....

the one who posted this thread is an IDIOT...

17. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Not to mention the thread originator.