"Vai e Vem" (Signings, Rumors, Hires/Fires, etc) & Offseason Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know what mengão86 thinks, but I am tired of this base that's the "viúva de JJ".

Today even the sports shows are asking if Flamengo should somehow try to get JJ now that he's available, despite the fact they have Paulo Sousa. It's pathetic.

I'm of the opinion that some pundits have expressed that Jorge Jesus' biggest achievement wasn't any title, it was making Flamengo's administration look competent. What they've done with hiring and firing Domenec, Ceni and Renato is amateurish and just typical Brazilian club behavior, for a club that wanted to stand out above all of that.

Mengão86 repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Some Flamengo fans want to organize and put pressure on Braz and Landim to go back and try JJ. I think Benfica got pissed at Flamengo and JJ's games and as soon as Flamengo locked into another coach they fired JJ. Braz going to the Porto game and the image of him laughing at the 3 x 0 scoreboard probably hit Benfica's ego pretty badly. Wait enough and perhaps they fire JJ anyways in a chicken game with Flamengo, but I bet they didn't want JJ going to Flamengo out of spite.

Funny thing is that with Sousa at Flamengo, JJ at Atletico, and Abel at Palmeiras ... we'd have a battle of the Portuguese coaches in the top 3 teams at the moment. Will make for some good stories.

Now ... there is some news saying that Benfica may go after Abel. I think they have better options in Portugal and Europe, but if they do, I doubt Abel wouldn't go.

Mengão86 repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    - West Ham interested in Gabigol.

- Tia Leila hasn't delivered a #9 yet. Castellanos is eyeing Europe apparently.

- Galo are supposedly looking at other options as JJ's demands are too high. JJ seems to really play a tough negotiating game.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanted JJ to return, but not after they had already hired Paulo Sousa. The diretoria handled the matter completely wrong and I still don’t understand what the big rush was. As celito mentioned, it was a mistake for Braz to show up at the game and publicize our interest and rub salt in the wound at Benfica. I understand this was done because the diretoria is still sour on how Benfica came to Rio and poached JJ when he signed a new contract with us. If they allowed things to occur naturally without drawing unnecessary attention, I think we could have had JJ.

Ombak repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Atletico sign Godin. The Mecenas sure know how to attract big names.

No coach yet.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Leila made bold comments before being elected President with regards to signings ... now she is basically implementing the "bom e barato" kind of ideology with the kicker of wanting to invest in players that will give a monetary return. She is already drawing the ire of many fans.

I think the money invested in the signings of supposed "big players" like Carlos Eduardo, Borja, Lucas Lima, Ramires, and Luiz Adriano left her with a sour taste for those types of signings.

Problem is, we need a decent goal scorer. Can't rely on Deyverson and Roni anymore. Right now I hope that Navarro pans out fast. I think Autesta is a good signing.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Carille lasted just over 20 days at Athletico ...

The craziest part is that Petralha is hiring Felipão and wants to make him director/manager Fergie style. :ROFLMAO:

Felipão teria interesse em um projeto ambicioso, assumindo uma função de diretor técnico e treinador a beira do gramado. O presidente do Athletico, Mario Celso Petraglia, quer ter no clube um dirigente como Alex Ferguson, que fez história no Manchester United.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Word is that Paulo Souza is going to be replaced by Dorival Jr. If they do this just over 2 weeks after JJ signed with Fenerbahce it's gonna piss fans off even more. But to be honest, besides the picuinha between JJ and the board, JJ was probably too expensive anyways (6m Euros a year). Flamengo really doesn't want to be throwing around money like that. They will have to pay another termination clause with PS.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aren't they going to be paying like 3 or 4 head coaches simultaneously now? Between the new coach and those still collecting from previous contracts.

As ever, what a professional approach...

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Renato's contract was up and just wasn't renewed. So it's Domenech and Ceni ... and now PS.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rumor that Gerson is negotiating his return to Flamengo.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was though he might go to Sevilla (where Sampaoli did) but today it certainly seems like Flamengo is likely the way Brazilian shows were talking about it today.

I imagine we could lose João Gomes in January. Palmeiras will probably lose Danilo. Any other expected big outgoing transfers?

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Scarpa is gone to Nothingham Forest. He was truly influential in our title. Don't think we could have done it without him.

Dudu
    is still re-nogotiating. I expect him to stay but he wants a long term contract to guarantee his future. Something like 4 years I think.

I could see Piquerez leaving if there is a decent offer.

I don't see Veiga leaving.

Up front, with Endrick coming in full time, I believe we will have to get rid of someone. Probably on loan. Navarro would be best candidate. Lopez and Merentiel haven't impressed but I think they will stay.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vitor Pereira out at Corinthians. They will have to find a new coach. Big loss for them ( :D ). He did pretty well. Not sure if he has an offer from another club in Europe.

16. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vitor Pereira was well liked by everyone at Corinthians, fans and press alike it seems. It seems to me he just does not feel it's worth the trouble to stay though. Big loss for them as he did get a lot out of the team by the end of the year.

Big transfer news this week of course was that the return of Gérson seems very likely. Depends on a few contract details only. He's already back in Rio, even though Marseille played today, so clearly all the parties seem on the same page about wanting that.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dorival Jr. has left Flamengo. He was apparently not happy that Flamengo have opened negotiations with Vitor Pereira.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Head scratchingly stupid behavior by club leadership. And somehow also typical. Apparently they reached out to JJ too but were told he wouldn't talk until the end of the European season.

Meanwhile Gerson looks like he's not going. Marseille apparently not happy with his agent - Gerson's father - is likelier to look elsewhere to offload him.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. It's very disrespectful to Dorival Jr. to do this.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo's front office has already shown to be unethical when it comes to these situations. Vitor Pereira also did Corinthians dirty by telling them he needed to take care of his mother in law to leave and now he's coming back to Brazil to coach again.

Ombak repped this.
  21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Madrid will be Endrick's destination as they are close to seal the deal for 70m+ Euros. He will probably remain at Palmeiras for a couple of years.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Endrick to Madrid is a done deal. 35m fixed + 25m in variables. These variables AFAIK are basic stuff like number of starts and not some Balon d'Or / CL title BS.

He will only leave in July 2024. So we get a season and half of him in Brazil.

Ombak repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Grêmio have come to an agreement with Luis Suarez to play for the next 2 years. Great name for sure, just curious to see how much he has left to give and how well will he be able to perform. The estaduais gives him a break in period.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #374 celito, Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    Alex "Cabeção" has taken over the manager job at Avaí. Good luck to him.

25. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Are there news on the rumored brazil super league called Libra?

Not getting too much info in Europe :/

And how likely is it that it will happen?