Vacant International Spots

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by EEUU, Apr 14, 2006.

1. EEUU

EEUU Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Massapequa, NY USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Guevara getting his green card, how many spots are currently available for Internationals on RBNY? The league allowance for senior internationals is still 4, correct? What holes do you think we most need to fill? I would say for starters we need a forward, but that may become less glaring as Buddle settles in with his teammates. Are there any rumors circulating as to potential candidates for The New Red Bull Nation? (Ok, just trying it out :rolleyes: )

RED BULL F.C. of New York

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Mo is holding those spots open and will kidnap Ronaldinho and Messi from Barcelona when they come to town. He will get Laporta really drunk on 100 year old Scotch and Red Bulls, and trick him into trading those two for Lisi and Martins.

You heard it first here.:D

3. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

You read that in my Web Page ....

4. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rico international star Roy Myers....:)

5. b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Alphabet City
    Though I'd love Dinho and Messi over hehe, I keep expecting to hear word that our sister club will be sending over a player or two. A skillful defensive midfielder and either a true left back or a forward please? I prefer Mendes in the middle. On Saturday he looked awfully slow shifting from the inside to the wing to provide cover on crosses.

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Four "senior" internationals...So how many "junior" Internationals" wdf...........Do your really think that soccer is going to survive in this market plage with hate and antisoccer by bringing into our league and excesive amount of expensive mediocre soccer players....?

7. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    Go back to the Houston thread!

8. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Ok... I went back.... Ok Now could you answer my question....?

9. EEUU

EEUU Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Massapequa, NY USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't need to buy 'expensive mediocre' players as you put it, but there are plenty of dynamic players from South & Central America (& the Carribbean) that are better and more experienced than some of the Americans that are looking to break into the league. Adding players like Carlos Ruiz & Guevara (when he was playing better) definitely helps out a lot... And also helps endear the league to immigrants from the nations we get the players from.

10. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham or Ronaldo may or may not end up coming, but I could see Red Bull getting a name that people know to fill one of the gaps on the team. I wonder what I would take to get Jared Borgetti from Bolton? They don't use him that much. :rolleyes:

11. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

No more Moon Shine for you ....

12. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

We got two emptied

13. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    How about bringing Christian Vieri??

14. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Ok, happy? :rolleyes:

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Borgetti. The few times I've seen him play, he seems to run non stop.

16. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    The perfect MLS team: Two may be 3 of the most flamboyant foreign players MLS is able to afford, one under from the u 17 national team... 2 u 20 ....the rest regular national.....
    When I talk about expensive mediocre players I referring to players like Lothar Mathaus, El Matador Hernandez, and few other crappy acquisitions done by MLS in the past they collect excesive amounts of money and they were not better than any of the young nationals....You said Carlos Ruiz, Is very good but not really better than Twelman....Guevara....what about Clint Dempsey.... what about Johnson....:cool:

17. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well someone mentioned no mediocre talent so his name is crossed off the list :)