V Army vs. The Ohio Gestapo

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Andy;

I'd leave it alone. You're not ready for JP. Trust me.

2. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I have better things to do than sink down to his level and have some argument that would regress quickly into MLS Rivalries quality.

I abhor getting that dirty.

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really simple Andy, you just have to stop taking things on a personal level and let things drop. By responding to everything, you are just perpetuating the situation. I'm not saying who's causing the problem or point fingers, but I'm saying if you let it drop, then the "problem" would go away.

As for Krypto got fired up from his hash pipe, not your comments. Most people ignore the stupid pot-enduced ramblings of him, unless that actually have some relavence. OGHT was just saying its ironic that you want things to stop, but you keep making comments which keeps it going. Get it? I'm not taking sides, I'm not getting on your case. I'm just pointing out whats going on, and you can be the "bigger man" by just letting things slide. Don't be so worried... it's just words on a screen.

4. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When does the fair end

are the alcohol and grill police still going to be on the prowl on Sept 14???

have you ever noticed increased police when a big rival comes to town, or during the MLS cup? i would think that if there wasnt an increased police presence during those times, then they were just there trying to keep the place civil for Mom and Pop CottonCandy.

"you know those hooligans Marge, swilling beer and kickin that blasted ball.... lets put our tax dollars to work and call Jon and Ponch to hassle them...."

Sept 14..... Chicago v Crew.... im there with a group... and a cooler full....

5. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me spell it out for you.

Crew shares a parking lot with the Ohio State Fair. Tractor-drawn trollies full of sunburned fat people and their sugar-intoxicated noseminers tooling around looking for their cars, the whole deal.

The Expositions people can't let it look like they tolerate drinking on "State Fair" property (which in reality it is) so they have the Storm Troopers cruise the lot shutting it down.

They never heard of the Fire, or DCU or anybody else, and couldn't care less.

The only time I really noticed an increased police presence was for the qualifiers, particularly Mexico.
    Mounted troopers, the whole deal.

They'll be long gone by Sept. 14.

6. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't know, man. I definitely felt an incresed police presence right before we threw down against the Polish Ultras. Bastards were on to us quick!

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, you might be right about that. Since there have often been incidents with visiting Fire fans who are unable to hold their liquor, and several times the Columbus civic authorities have proffered free room and board to some of the worst of them, it may be that they increase their presence for those games as well.

But they still aren't going to bother tailgates, IMO.

8. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Exactly. There are people and stock trailers and kids spending the night in the livestock areas and "Carny" trailor areas. This is less related to the Crew than ensuring nobody has fires or hangs out getting drunk on State property. Enforcement is stricter for everyone's safety -- not particularly Crew motivated. The Fair and Expo Center is VERY concerned that they ensure fairgoer and participant (and their equipment/animals) safety and utilize the Highway Patrol to keep a firm grip on safety/security. During non-fair time they are less concerned as they figure it's the Crew's problem.

As noted, the State Patrol has a courteous, but no nonsense, enforcement attitude. They'll be glad to warn or inform you ...ONCE.