Utter rubbish

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by Brook, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet another unispired performance by city at the cheese. a lack of commitment by the non existant midfield resulting in fullbacks hoofing the long ball for the whole of the 2d half. selfishness by the attackers who dont know what the term kpassingk means.

2. USA Shrews

USA Shrews New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Cleveland Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just got back - and even though there were improvements from the home opener (last game I saw live) CCS were lightweight and very easily knocked off the ball. First half possesion was good, the goal was well taken. But after HT, it all fell apart. Miami out fought CCS - they wanted it more.

3. budfrog532

budfrog532 New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    I actually thought City were clearly the better team last night, which is why the 0 points is so very disappointing.

They must do better coming back on defense in the midfield and the finishing work is just not there. Poor job of the guys up top looking for each other, they could have easily put 4 in the back of the net with the opportunities that were there.

..and still too much ballwatching going on by the back line, it has been happening all year.

You say that they were "lightweight"...I would say that was true in some of the midfield play, but out on the wings, they were just getting chopped down. What #6 was doing to Stewart was a progressive series of cheap fouls, not good, hard, clean football.

And if the center referee isn't going to control the match, then guys like Stewart get hurt by inferior players who have no skill but to clutch, grab and chop. Hopefully his injury isn't serious and he is able to come back and play tomorrow.

4. gmood

gmood New Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Stewart is out for Saturday's game with a groin injury.

I have close to 300 photos from Thursday's game if anyone is interested. I can easily e-mail them to you.

5. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you the guy that wanted to get the GA to pose with Crocadinho?

6. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, how do they expect to win if they can't possess the ball or string together atleast 3 or 4 passes in the midfield? This team is not good enough to withstand 45 minutes of pressure. The second half was an absolute abomination last night. Can someone please explain to me what Kljestan brings to the team? I echo Hunter's frustration, did anyone hear him yell at his defense after they refused to make the three-man wall he was asking for during one of Vancouver's freekicks? Seriously, how hard is it? Do the players not know their roles? Or are their roles all wrong? There appears to be enough personal talent for a pretty decent side, but they can't even pass to each other. How is it possible they aren't on the same page yet? It's mid-season!

Sorry for the rant, but I've gone to 3 games this year, and watched a few on TV & I really really want this team to do well. To echo the thoughts that I've seen others post, I am happy that there is footie at this level here in Cleveland, and I'm such a footie junkie that I'll show up to games no matter how poorly the team is performing. But, shouldn't we atleast be able to expect some improvements? Maybe I've just been spoiled because of the success they've had the past 2 seasons? (unfortunately I didn't go to many of those games)

Once again, sorry for the rant :eek:

ps: considering the title of this thread, I guess I just decided to make it the all-inclusive bitch session thread for CCS. you're welcome

7. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, we all pretty much feel the same. I believe that the majority of the blame falls on Rod Onthewood's "coaching".

8. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to take a break from attending after the first Miami loss. I left that game pissed off and was a grumpy asshole most of the ride home, which was just wonderful for my wife. She's already being a sport coming to the games. I'll be back eventually, just because I'm a soccer addict.

I've never been the type to advocate sacking the coach just because a team is having a bad season. Sometimes there are things beyond the coach's control. But in this case, c'mon! Anyone can see that it's not the individual skill level that's at fault here. It's that the team has no damn chemistry, and there's only one person to blame for that.

I try to stay away from analyzing matches, because I'm piss-poor at it and would only embarrass myself. But even I could see that City was running Miami off the pitch in the first half of that first game, then came out in the second half and fell apart. That's the coach! That can only be the coach's fault! It's the same damned players! They didn't take clumsy pills at halftime.

I mean seriously, how long does the FO allow this farce to go on? Eventually, you have to fire the guy, simply because it's hard to believe you could do any worse, and you need to assure the fans that you're doing something.

------RM

9. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Cleveland City-- Go for the Football, stay for the Cheese on a Stick"

10. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. I actually took a trip to the sponsor. If you're in the mood for a little rural exploration, it's a pleasant trip and they have a nice little shop and museum. We bought some cheese and snacks, and I told the bemused Amish lady behind the counter that we were there because they sponsored the City Stars.

------RM

11. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    And she probably said "vot are der Ceety Stars?"

Or as our clueless pirate PA announcer says "City Staaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

12. Cleveland City

Cleveland City New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Hey Rich, why dont you put in for the Stars PA announcer job?

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it's not a paying gig. Or at least not a very well paying gig.

14. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    I did express my interest back in January. However, team mgmt said "no" because I told them I'd do the job for 30 bucks per game. I was told "why should I pay you when I can get someone for free".

Well, you get what you pay for.

15. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you mean you get what you pay fooooaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:D